Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Gear Swap is now gearBay

from my portable electric typewriter

Quote Originally Posted by boltonoutlaw View Post
    Yeah, I'm not trying to be a dick just want to discern its true cost. If you're cool with me using your marketplace to arrange private sales well ok, thanks.
    You are welcome to do that. We will be putting exclusive maggot deals and more in here. It's just a cooler way to sort.
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!!! What a ride!"

"We been runnin' these goddam hills for dang near, huh?"
    Sturgis Uncensored

I dont know if anyone mentioned this but the contact email automatically becomes the paypal email. That is not the same for some people like me.

I never check the paypal email so consequently I will never receive any questions about my listing. It would be great if you could add a contact email and a separate paypal email. I did not want to select receive check or other type of payment because of delay and my item may be gone through some other distribution channel before a check would arrive in mail. Then I have a customer service issue. Just a thought
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Quote Originally Posted by MiCol View Post
    I dont know if anyone mentioned this but the contact email automatically becomes the paypal email. That is not the same for some people like me. I never check the paypal email so consequently I will never receive any questions about my listing. It would be great if you could add a contact email and a separate paypal email. I did not want to select receive check or other type of payment because of delay and my item may be gone through some other distribution channel before a check would arrive in mail. Then I have a customer service issue. Just a thought
    Thanks for this feedback. The Teton Gravity Marketplace will use the email you submit when you create a listing for both the purposes of marketplace communication AND for payment. In an effort to simplify, this appears to be a case where we may have over simplified. We will get your suggestion added to the product roadmap.

In the meantime... SUGGESTION: When creating a listing - enter the email address you want for communication. Why? Let's say your PayPal email is payme@awesome.com. And let's say your primary email is chad@enthusify.com. Submit your primary email when creating a listing. When the marketplace transfers your payment to you, it is SUPER easy to retrieve the payment via your PayPal account associated with payme@awesome.com if we send you a payment to chad@enthusify.com. (We thoroughly tested this.)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-12-21 at 11.54.32 AM.png 
Views:	90 
Size:	65.0 KB 
ID:	128880

one more question:

I had already listed the item I put in enthusify market place in an older thread I have going. If I dont want the redundancy and to keep up with another new thread for same item can I delete the new enthusify created list view thread? If I do this will it delete the marketplace ad too? Or, will it remain intact?
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Quote Originally Posted by MiCol View Post
    one more question: I had already listed the item I put in enthusify market place in an older thread I have going. If I dont want the redundancy and to keep up with another new thread for same item can I delete the new enthusify created list view thread? If I do this will it delete the marketplace ad too? Or, will it remain intact?
    Deleting the thread that the Enthusify service created at the time you created your listing will NOT delete the listing from Enthusify. The Enthusify listing will remain intact.

On this topic - starting tomorrow (12/28/12), listings created via the new Teton Gravity Marketplace tools will automatically update the thread posts when the listing is edited, canceled, or sold.

Clicking "Gear Swap" in the drop-down menu now brings visitors to the Enthusify market.

Boooooo

How can I find gearswap? I must be a fucktard because when I click "list view" inside the enthusify marketplace I just get the same enthusify listings sorted into a list. And clicking "gear swap" on the forum menu takes us to enthusify.

Quote Originally Posted by calisnow View Post
    How can I find gearswap? I must be a fucktard because when I click "list view" inside the enthusify marketplace I just get the same enthusify listings sorted into a list. And clicking "gear swap" on the forum menu takes us to enthusify.
    i always use 'new posts' button, and if i want the old gearswap i just look to the right and find a post from that forum, and click on gearswap list view, takes me right there. Or, hit the home button [little house in top left corner] and scroll down to gearswap list view.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Quote Originally Posted by skimaxpower View Post
    Clicking "Gear Swap" in the drop-down menu now brings visitors to the Enthusify market.

Boooooo
    This. At least add a "Gear Swap (list view)" option on the drop-down menu, so I can avoid the "5% Higher Price marketplace"...

Okay so I tested the Enthusify service be creating a few listings. It says our listings will be "seen by ebay buyers."

What exactly does that mean? Several hours later I did a keyword search on ebay and I don't see any of my enthusify listings.

Quote Originally Posted by calisnow View Post
    Okay so I tested the Enthusify service be creating a few listings. It says our listings will be "seen by ebay buyers."

What exactly does that mean? Several hours later I did a keyword search on ebay and I don't see any of my enthusify listings.
    It is not something that is live and you can uncheck that box. They are experimenting with pushing it out beyond our site, which I am going to make sure remains in the hands of the seller to decide. I am going to have them reverse that and have it not autochecked for now and maybe hidden until it is actually a tool that people can decide to use for their gear or not.
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!!! What a ride!"

Sturgis Uncensored

Gotcha. Well my vote is push the listings out for all the universe to see - what's the downside? More viewers for TGR, more potential buyers for us. Everybody wins.

Interestingly, I don't know how well the Enthusify SEO is going. Try searching google for "westcomb vapor fx pants" - you will see an ad I posted on Epicski on the very first page of results. The Enthusify listing is nowhere to be found however even several pages back.

If you attempt make a big push for Enthusify with tricks such as making the "gearswap" link on the drop-down menu go straight to Enthusify, and then Enthusify does not do a decent job of SEO, you could end up losing more revenue from potentially lost eyeballs via organic search results for ski items, than you gain by taking a transaction slice from Enthusify.

So it seems enthusify automatically changes the title of the list view to "SOLD" when it is sold and also, it changes from the price to SOLD in the thread. Any way to keep the price up with a strike-through with the words sold like in the marketplace? Reason being, it is good to have prices listed so the next potential seller can judge the going market rate. Sure, they can click the link in the list view to go to the marketplace but that's another step.
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Sent to the guys. I have been pushing for this as well. Keep items visible that have sold and hold the price. I am sure they will address it they update all the time.

Sturgis Uncensored

Quote Originally Posted by systemoverblow'd View Post
    So it seems enthusify automatically changes the title of the list view to "SOLD" when it is sold and also, it changes from the price to SOLD in the thread. Any way to keep the price up with a strike-through with the words sold like in the marketplace? Reason being, it is good to have prices listed so the next potential seller can judge the going market rate. Sure, they can click the link in the list view to go to the marketplace but that's another step.
    Thanks for the input. We hope to make this change soon. In the meantime, if you go to the Teton Gravity Marketplace you can filter the results to just show sold listings. You can then further sort them by a few criteria.

Quote Originally Posted by systemoverblow'd View Post
    I agree with this in spades. I always try to update my sold items with the price it went for and whether I shipped it or handed off locally. Really important IMHO to maintain market pricing around here, as advres says above... should almost be required?!?
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

Quote Originally Posted by jfost View Post
    I agree with this in spades. I always try to update my sold items with the price it went for and whether I shipped it or handed off locally. Really important IMHO to maintain market pricing around here, as advres says above... should almost be required?!?
    Yes, this is mandatory. The guys are working on it.

Sturgis Uncensored

Quote Originally Posted by TGR420 View Post
    Yes, this is mandatory. The guys are working on it.
    This would be great, glad to hear they are working on it.

Made my first purchase through the marketplace last weekend... when/how should I expect to receive tracking info on the shipment? Have pm'd the seller but no reply.....

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    Made my first purchase through the marketplace last weekend... when/how should I expect to receive tracking info on the shipment? Have pm'd the seller but no reply.....
    I spoke with the seller yesterday and he said he was shipping it out that day. I'll have him contact you directly at your email address. If you don't hear from him in 48 hours, email me directly at juan@enthusify.com and we'll work something out.

Sincerely,
    Juan Vasconez
    Customer Support
    juan@enthusify.com

^^ Hey juan, I have had a couple vague pms from the seller about roommates and work emergencies and such, but we're now over a week since I sent payment and I still don't have any tracking info..

Shouldn't enthusify be on top of that? Thought that was kinda the point...??

I know this is gonna sound a bit immature and simple minded but seriously, fuck the new marketplace. It's completely useless.

PLEASE add the list view back onto the main menu list. I have no interest in paying a portion of my profits just so a fancy format is used to sell my items lol. I don't think a single person I know on this site is in favor of the marketplace, too much like geartrade garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by bamboocoreONLY View Post
    I have no interest in paying a portion of my profits just so a fancy format is used to sell my items lol. I don't think a single person I know on this site is in favor of the marketplace, too much like geartrade garbage.
    Hey - Chad here from the marketplace support team. Did something go wrong with one of your listings or transactions? Or you just don't like the fee (which are similar to PayPal fees)?

Research has shown that members are up to 2x more likely to purchase your item when you use the new marketplace tools due to the conveniences the tools provide to buyers.

You called the tools useless. What would make them useful to you? We are always seeking ways to make the Teton Gravity marketplace as safe and convenient as possible for members.

I think it just changed the vibe for some folks (myself included). I am not a power buyer, nor power seller at all. Over the years I have regularly perused gear swap in down time or when I'm trying to get to sleep, etc. I've intermittently hit it up to buy/unload gear and it always felt like wandering into a friend-of-a-friend's dirty, dimly lit, gear-cluttered, basement and swapping gear we've used, along with stoke from when we used it. There has been an air of sketch and an air of warmth to the whole thing, which is part of the beauty. I'm moderately selective in who I deal with and I have never had a bad experience.

The new format is a clean, neat and efficient marketing platform. It feels like walking into my town's new, brightly lit, well-organized, outdoor gear consignment shop with a floor sales guys talking up the gear, along with the "stoke" of whatever sport I seem to be into...in order to facilitate the sale. I'm sure he's a genuine guy who is stoked on outdoor pursuits and gear, but he's also getting paid just over minimum to stand there and talk to me (and having worked floor in gear shops for over a decade myself, I know he would rather be in the mountains if it were possible).

Whatever Marketplace is, it lends an inherent level of artificiality to the whole experience no matter what you do. Makes me trust it less than the old feel of a "basement deal." In full disclosure, i haven't even used Marketplace. When I see something listed in marketplace I just click away. Haven't even considered it. And actually, over the last 4 months I've stopped hitting up gear swap all together...for the first time in years. I know I can still look at the list view like the good old days, but it's lost it's warmth for me. Rationally, I know not a damn thing has changed. The "good old days" of gear swap ended years ago. So, it is not rational, but sales never are.

Whoa, sorry. A long ride, several beers and no dinner and I get loquacious. Apparently I like long sentences too. I hope this makes at least some sense when I read it later...