RC112 + fks mount probs

So i bought a pair of 188 rc112s that were previously drilled for salomon bindings. I planned on mounting them with a set of fks 155s with 75mm brakes that i had picked up. I take them to the shop and now find that no shop, at least that ive been to, will bend the brakes for me. I would also have to mount +1.5cm to avoid the sally holes, from what ive found most have mounted on the line....
    So should i try to bend the brakes myself and get them mounted at +1.5? try to find salomon bindings to reuse the older holes(my boots would be a tiny bit forward)? How hard is it to bend the brakes?

basically, should i:

A. bend the fks brakes myself and mount at +1.5cm
    B. try to find some salomon bindings and reuse the old holes?(i was told at least 2 would need helicoils)

HELP
    Perhaps you'd be more comfortable on epicski or Paula's Ski Lovers, AltaNancy.

I own RC112s mounted on the line with Sollys... my thoughts:
    - It's reasonable for a shop to decline the opportunity to bend brakes. If they snap, you'll be a sad customer, and this way they can try to sell you new bindings. Not ideal, but they're not being dicks either.
    - My RC112s are mounted on the line. Many folks prefer them at +1cm. If I were starting over again, I'd probably go +1cm.
    - There are plenty of good Salomon bindings out there. Good used deals in Gear Swap all the time, and good access to wide brakes too. (115mm Solly brake fits RC112 perfectly.) You could easily trade some functional used FKS for some functional used STH 16 or 997s.
    - There are plenty of folks who will tell you that FKS is vastly superior to Solly offerings. I own 916s and P18s, and I feel equally comfortable in both. Just get Sollys with wormscrews, I say.

Devastatingly sexxy with pink 957s. Stack height so low, panties can't help but drop.

I have skied both sollys and fks and like both, i just happen to have the fks already. Im mostly worried about +1.5 but hearing that people like +1 makes me feel better.

Lol i posted in that first thread.

Quote Originally Posted by skimaxpower View Post
    Devastatingly sexxy with pink 957s. Stack height so low, panties can't help but drop.

This post made me think, so I measured my 957's vs my new fks. The old salomons are virtually identical to the fks, thing is, 957's are on sollyfits. Moral of the story... 957's are lower than low.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

I've tried and failed to bend FKS brakes. One snapped. I had a local welding shop weld it back on for like $10 and it's stayed on since, but it's back at stock width.

I've bent other brakes successfully, FWIW.
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

I had them a couple seasons ago and skied them at +2. I thought they were great there. +1.5 should work well.

My review from back in the day: http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...ssignol-RC-112

Also, when bending the FKS brakes, do so very carefully. The metal is quite brittle, and you may find you have an equally tough time finding a shop to mount your bindings will snapped brakes. You could always drill them yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by D(C) View Post
    Also, when bending the FKS brakes, do so very carefully. The metal is quite brittle, and you may find you have an equally tough time finding a shop to mount your bindings will snapped brakes. You could always drill them yourself.
    If you don't want to bend yourself, Andy at the Peruvian (assuming he still works there) is a ninja with these. It's pretty simple, but also a pain in the ass. He's done a few dozen hundred thousand i would bet.

Talked to andy, they wont do it anymore. New liability or something like that. And he said it was a huge pain in the ass.

If you have a vise, two flathead screwdrivers, a box end wrench and a hammer its not a huge deal and can be done in 20 minutes (or less). There is a DIY thread here in techtalk....
    Do what you like, Like what you do.

Here is how you bend fks brakes.

1. Mount bindings on skis.
    2. Take an old rental pole and cut in half 12 inches or so from the grip.
    3. Click boot into binding.
    4. With a heat gun, CAREFULLY heat the brake arm. Careful emphasis on not melting boot or sidewall. You don't necessarily need to heat that much.
    5. Place the pole grip on the break arm and bend outward until the break arm is perpendicular to the ski.
    6. Leaving the grip handle on the break arm, place the other section of the ski pole behind the break arm between the ski sidewall and the break arm that you are bending.
    7. Using the pole grip, bend the break arm around the other half of the rental pole that is situated between the break arm and the sidewall.

^that method is seriously hard on your skis and bindings. disassembling really is not rocket science.
    Do what you like, Like what you do.

Bend the brakes yourself. I did, worked like a charm for me. If its your last resort... Go for it
    Quote Originally Posted by adria33 View Post
    I ride alone so I don't get held back by dead weights and dead beats. It's not always like that, but I destroy most skiers on the pistes.

I'd probably try and find some Sollys, since they are abundantly available and that way you don't have to put another set of holes in the ski. If you do go the FKS route, however, (1) Slim posted the greatest Tech Talk tutorial ever on the very subject of bending FKS brakes, so use that; and (2) my 188 RCs ski great at +1.5.

I also discovered that an old set of handlebars from my commuter bike will bend brake arms. It's awesome because you can mix the two sports/lifestyles.
    Find a ski shop that will bend the brakes. It was my understanding that most will, but maybe not from 75 to 112.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Funnily enough, I had the exact opposite problem. I had Solly 916s mounted on my RC112s and mounted them at +1.5 cm. LOVED the ski at 1.5 cm, learned to 360 on them, learned to really drive a ski on them. Had to remount with FKS (due to a Solly esplosion) and due to hole conflict, had to mount on the line. I didn't think it'd be a big deal, and I guess it wasn't, but I noticed a huge difference for the first two weeks of skiing. Got used to it and now I still love the ski and how they feel at 0 cm. They don't spin as easily now though, but my Renegades fill that void. Win win win for me I guess.

Mount at 1.5+ cm and call it good.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDingleberry View Post
    pissing in a sink? fucking rookies. Shit in an oven, then you'll be pro.

Mounted my rc 188's -1 and love em (with fks). The ski is pretty stiff and I'm glad I did that because they float a little better. With the early rise it's still easy enough to whip around. As for bending the brakes it's actually not that hard, just take off the brake, heat, and bend with half a ski pole or something.