Contest Sway: Help Disabled People Shred Pow in Montana!

Hello Maggots!

Before anyone JONGS me or calls out the post count, just finish reading the post. It's for a damn good cause. That being said, I'm a long-time lurker, if it counts for anything.

United Airlines is running a contest until Dec. 25th that is giving 10 million airline miles away to several non-profits. You should check out this link http://10millioncharitymiles.com/ and vote for Eagle Mount Bozeman, so we can fly in more disabled kids and adults to experience cold Montana powder! You can vote as many times as you like and don’t have to sign in or anything. It will take roughly 2 clicks to cast your vote.

I work for an organization in Bozeman, MT called http://www.eaglemount.org. Founded in 1982, Eagle Mount’s mission is to provide therapeutic recreation for people with disabilities of all ages and children with cancer. For people living with a disability or cancer, recreation means a lot more than “play time.” Recreational activities offer healing, life-affirming, joyful and satisfying experiences. When people are with Eagle Mount, the focus is always on their abilities. At Eagle Mount, every challenge inspires a new adventure.

As skiers, I am sure you realize how important recreation can be in your hectic lives, so it is easy to imagine how much of a difference it makes in someone’s with a disability, who has very limited access to the activities we enjoy every day. Eagle Mount allows the disabled to participate in activities such as skiing, horseback riding, swimming, camping, rock climbing, kayaking, cycling and fishing. Last winter, I volunteered with the ski program, and I can tell you first hand that these kids are incredibly stoked to be out riding at every chance they can get. Take your greatest pow day last year, multiply the stoke by 50 and you might be getting close to how they feel when they have cold wind on their face and powder underneath their skis.
    Any miles we receive from this contest will be that many more kids we can fly in from out of state to come experience the Montana outdoors, during Summer, Spring, Winter or Fall. So if you feel that more disabled kids should be able to get that feeling that can only be had when in the great outdoors, cast your vote and tell all of your friends! Thanks! Vote, Vote, Vote and Vote!

Hopefully these images work.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10 mill miles 1.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	38.7 KB 
ID:	127635

Name:	10 mill miles 2.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	32.6 KB 
ID:	127636

Name:	10 mill miles 3.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	35.4 KB 
ID:	127637

Name:	10 mill miles 4.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	40.5 KB 
ID:	127638

Name:	10 mill miles 5.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	64.9 KB 
ID:	127639

Done.

Voted....

Done and Done.
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.

Done.
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

To the top!
    "The idea wasnt for me, that I would be the only one that would ever do this. My idea was that everybody should be doing this. At the time nobody was, but this was something thats too much fun to pass up." -Briggs
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Wear your climbing harness. Attach a big anodized locker to your belay loop so its in prime position to hit your nuts. Double russian Ti icescrews on your side loops positioned for maximal anal rape when you sit down. Then everyone will know your radness
    More stoke, less shit.

Voted. Good luck

Eagle Mount has done a lot of good work for years.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Vote again bump.

Those Shriners are kicking your ass. 1 more vote closer to victory.