Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need some dad skis

In the past I've just used .... skis, but I think it's time for a dedicated tool for skiing with a 9 year old who likes low angle trees and jumps and 4 year old who is a slow learner.

What is cheap and fun? Anybody selling?

I was about to say Mirus Cor until you said cheap, because they ain’t

I bought line blades for this earlier this season and have been very happy. Sized down a little and they a perfect fuck around and have fun skis.

E104 is the go to dad ski. Email Ptex and get a brand new pair.

My dad skis have been Line Sir Francis Bacon. Soft, playful, still fun if it’s fresh and surprisingly nimble and carvy on groomers.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Line Blades #2. They make boring runs fun.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    E104 is the go to dad ski. Email Ptex and get a brand new pair.
    I didn't like them. Dead when going slow. Too turny when driven. I want... the opposite?

The Blades and Mirus Cor are intriguing, but they look less than ideal for skiing bumps and trees. Am I wrong?

What about the Blade Optic?

Blades want to carve through bumps and trees but have enough tip and tail rocker to slide around pretty easily. They are not particularly stiff longitudinally or torsionally and the tail is a lot narrower than the tip so they are not locked in like a true carving ski. They won’t zipperline like straighter skis and I’ve had some wow moments getting too far over the tips on a landing but as long as you keep the on edge you can ski them pretty hard and fast.
    For reference I’m on 181s and my other hard snow skis are 189 bonafides. The lines are way more fun at kid speeds and can be pushed reasonably hard but still night and day less ski than the bones.

Rustler 9 or 10. They revamped the Rustler line for 23/24 so you can get good deals on 22/23 models.

Reckoner 102

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    I didn't like them. Dead when going slow. Too turny when driven. I want... the opposite?

The Blades and Mirus Cor are intriguing, but they look less than ideal for skiing bumps and trees. Am I wrong?

What about the Blade Optic?
    Blade Optic 114 is my Dad ski now. My 10 YO is crushing. So much fun. NOT a super easy going ski. I think the 96 and 104 are more mellow.

The Line SFB was my Dad ski when be was little.Super fun ski for slow speeds.

What about Reckoner 102?

Reckoner 102
    Optic 96
    Blade

Need some dad skis

Want my 184 OG M102 with a Baron demo? It was my dad ski for a few years. Carves groomers great. But now that I’m more free and the kids are older, every time I spy a side stash of soft snow I wish it were wider and had less camber/metal.

Will be replacing it with an HL R110 for a DD.

It was the 2020 demo floating around Japan. Minty clean set up. I’ll even add pomoca skins for extra if you want. I imagine shipping would be 200US but I’ll provide a maggot bonus to the total if we can both walk away happy.

Before shipping I’d probably need around 500 for the whole ski/binding/skin kit.

Price police- feel free to set the market value.

Blade and Rustlers are both pretty good recommendations. Rustlers more traditional for bumps and trees, but Blades to that pretty well too. Have both and choose one depending on the mood.

If you're using a harness or hula hoop with the 4yo then get wicked short twin tips... like 160 something.

Fwiw my 8yo and 4yo simply don't ski together so I ski different skis with each of them

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by skinipenem; 02-28-2024 at 03:03 PM.
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Not to undercut gaijin, but I've got some old 184 mantras (cambered) w/ inserts for aatacks and the old holes for Dukes. Surprisingly good shape. Not super easy going, but good all-rounders and cheap.
    I'd pull/plug the inserts if you didn't want those, and sell you the skis/Dukes/skins for $100 (the dealio I got). Front Range CO, which is local for you right?

Go shorter than normal. Keeps you slow and is helpful picking up the four year old. Have fun

Thinking about my current quiver, the 4FRNT Switch is super fun in this role, too. Really a blast to carve around on. Skis great switch. Poppy and really light. I don't ski mine enough. I had an absolute blast on them on Sunday with firm AM and soft PM conditions.

Dynastar slicer/menace 98s are awesome dad skis

I used my Line Blade Optic 104 as a dad ski the other day on east coast hardpack and it worked surprisingly well. Really easy to pivot and slide at low speed and ski switch to watch the 6 year old, manageable in icy bumps , enough edge hold and backbone to hold up ripping around junk snow w the 10 year old who likes to jump and go fast .

I would imagine if you weren't looking for float, the Blade Optic 96 would be an even better dad ski. But this one definitely worked , and better than the E94 I was using for the before.

Quote Originally Posted by skis_the_trees View Post
    My dad skis have been Line Sir Francis Bacon. Soft, playful, still fun if it’s fresh and surprisingly nimble and carvy on groomers.

New bacons or old bacons?

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

Need some dad skis

I’ve got some NIP Salomon Stance 102’s in 183, and new, unmounted red STH 16’s in my basement.

Would that do? If interested, send me a reasonable offer.

Also have Line SN108’s in a 186 mounted with Attack 13’s. Only used a couple hours on a bunny hill.
    Quote Originally Posted by jlboyell View Post
    Climate change deniers should be in the same boat as the flat earthers, ridiculed for stupidity.

I posted my friends 169 Soulrider 87 and I also have a pair of 185's that I haven't used for awhile...great e coast tree/ bump/ park ski

...I also have a pair of full camber 179 Moment Transitions:
    https://www.newschoolers.com/ski-gea...596/Transition

x3 for the Line Blade.

It is a lot of fun when you are just messing around with the kids. Not my first pick when it gets steep and deep, but I'm not dragging my young kids into my playground. I'm in theirs.
    French Fries!