Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    That profile is really close to the fully rockered 192s I had maybe a little less in the tail. I thought those were awesome because of the profile. These look good too

Quote Originally Posted by bsavery View Post

What did they weigh in at? Did you go for full carbon or hybrid?

Hybrids ~ 9.46 lbs for the pair...

Quote Originally Posted by bsavery View Post
    Sploosh
    Uh.. yep

'To quote my bro
    "We're not K2. We're a bunch of maggots running one press at full steam building killer fukkin skis and putting smiles on our friends' faces." ' - skifishbum '08

"Adios Hugh you asshole" - Ghostofcarl '14

believe...

Those look sexy. I want a pair...

Anybody want a pair of 191 fats with sollyfit plates? I want Kusalas bad but I don't know if I could get rid of my Lhasas, they're so amazing. Plus I need new AT boots, damn this quandary.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

point of reference...

4FRNT's webpage has the 12/13 186 Rens weighing in at 2400g/5.5lb/ski*

Rens are 122 waist while Splat's Kusalas are 124

Now I know the Ren is an awesome ski and has it's hardcore followers, but really... FKNA

* ?? since 2400g ≠ 5.5 lbs... 2400g = 5.3 lbs.. regardless.. even at 5.3 that's more than a lb/pair (Kusala hybrids)..
    'To quote my bro
    "We're not K2. We're a bunch of maggots running one press at full steam building killer fukkin skis and putting smiles on our friends' faces." ' - skifishbum '08

"Adios Hugh you asshole" - Ghostofcarl '14

believe...

Quote Originally Posted by Chugachjed View Post
    Anybody want a pair of 191 fats with sollyfit plates? I want Kusalas bad but I don't know if I could get rid of my Lhasas, they're so amazing. Plus I need new AT boots, damn this quandary.
    I hear ya.

I just need someone to gift a good $1500 and I could get myself set up nicely. OTOH, reality suggests another year or two with my 50# set up. At least it all works.

Anyone skied both the Kusala and the GPO? Thoughts? Comparisons?

I was considering the GPO as my resort playful/charger ski, but the more I read this thread, the more I think that the Kusala could replace both a GPO and my current DPS 138 R3.2, which I absolutely love touring on for its' weight and its ability to be very playful, but plenty chargy when required. However, if there is any chance of an icy entrance or any sort of questionable snow, I find myself leaving it at home.

I definitely think it could pull double-duty for you in that way. The pair I skied in Utah (good tune) had unbelievable edge hold on groomers. I have come to love the dependability (of the Renegades) on icy chutes and entrances -- the lack of sidecut and relatively centered mount point makes them very dependable for precise skiing. The Kusala is even better in those conditions, and I think it would be an excellent ski for variable bc conditions.

I have skied the GPO very briefly. It skis like the Billy Goat and kinda similar to a Lhasa Pow Fat. (It's not quite the same, but I haven't spent enough time on them to be too specific.) The shape differences are the big thing: one is a pintail and the other is a pseudo-rev/rev. I personally enjoy both of them, but they are quite different in feel.

For more detailed info, I'd look up SupreChicken's comments about the GPO and Kusala. Even if it's not a direct comparison, I'm sure you'll be able to read between the lines.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

There will be plenty of Kusala reviews next week after the Mammoth Mini. Should be a couple pair there with demos for people to try and people who have theirs skiing them, some for the first time. The initial few pair were protos and there's been some fine tuning based on how those came out and skied.

Is everyone nursing hangovers?

Quote Originally Posted by JRainey View Post
    Is everyone nursing hangovers?
    Yes

Sent from my IS11CA using TGR Forums
    Days on snow this season: 54 Last Season: 83

www.poachninja.com

Been sick as hell with a common fucking cold since I got back from Mammoth. Anyone else catch that shit??? Lots of peeps, including non-mags, skied them. master of green beans demo'd them and bought an extra pair I had with me for his summer in SA. Random non-mag....

Just sold those demos^^^. Pressing Kusalas all summer...

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Just sold those demos^^^. Pressing Kusalas all summer...
    that was fast

Sounds like the Kusalas are selling ok...

First pair of all carbon Kusalas.
    Added a lot of rubber and some extra doretech. That'll damp them out.
    These are not completely finished. A fair finished estimate would be 2070g perski. 9.1 lbs per pair.

How's the flex?

If a Renegade was a 10 on a 1 to 10 scale, they'd flex at about an 8.

If a Renegade was a 10 on a 1 to 10 scale, they'd flex at about an 8.
    = perfect

What advantages/disadvantages do you feel the all carbon will have vs the hybrid? Seems like the weight is close enough that how they ski would dictate how a customer chooses. Price difference?

From my talking with Pat, the added carbon will make the all carbon ski more damp than a normal all carbon ski. Pat called it the ultimate ride, or something along those lines! I'm hoping to find out myself first hand...!!

I think the dif is only three ounces per ski with the aeronautical cf. It soaks up the resin for weight. But we have other cf weaves that will weigh less. Really just getting into it. Further damping of the cf's is a priority.

I've added more rubber between the tip/tail metal and a little extra wire mesh in the mount area, as well as rubber over the mesh where the most vibrations can be felt underfoot. They're going to be light and reactive but I'm looking to take that ricochet reputation cf skis have earned out of the equation. We're doing them at $950 hybrid, $1150 carbon for a while still.

Cool. I think kevino was trying to say the added rubber will make these all carbons more damp than others.

I'm all for smoothing out the ride. Interested to see how different variations turn out.

Got a couple pair of Kusala blems I'll be listing soon in case anyone wants a pair for almost half price.

What length are these again? Pm very interested
    Never mind,looked back and found it

Sent from my Nexus S using TGR Forums
    Last edited by eldereldo; 06-11-2013 at 07:51 PM.

Got a couple pair of Kusala blems I'll be listing soon in case anyone wants a pair for almost half price.
    Sheeeee--iit. I may have to take a brief hiatus from TGR over the next week.