Base plates same for Griffon/Jester Demo/Schizo

I'm curious if the base plates are the same on Griffon or Jester Demo bindings?

Would the same be true for Griffon or Jester Schizos?

IOW can I slide the heel and toe pieces from a pair of Jester Demos onto base plates of a pair of Griffon Demos (already mounted) and not worry about breaking the base plates at a high DIN?

I realize Demo and Schizo baselates are not interchangable.
    Last edited by mntntom; 12-07-2012 at 07:22 PM. Reason: Addition

If they are of the same era, then I'm pretty sure that the answer is yes.

(Early royal family demos had only moving heel track, no moving toe track.)

I have mounted over a hundred Griffon demos this season, and a smaller quantity of Jesters. On the current version, both the heel unit and toe piece slide fore and aft on tracks... and the tracks are the same. You should be fine.

Thanks for the feedback. If there are any differing opinions, please chime in.

They are the same. Wish I could find where to buy them, the ultimate binding swap plate that also let's you adjust mount point.

Yes, the baseplates are identical for the Griffon/Jesters. The only difference is between the Schizo, Demo, and regular versions.
    Leave No Turn Unstoned!

Sorry to troll in on this but if I was to upgrade from griffons to jesters I could technically leave the plates on and just swap the bindings?

Give it a week or two, but I'm somewhat confident that my shop has excess Griffon demos. I ca ask, but probably for sale at a pretty good price. PM me and I'll ask the dealio.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    They are the same. Wish I could find where to buy them, the ultimate binding swap plate that also let's you adjust mount point.

Quote Originally Posted by NmbrdDays View Post
    Sorry to troll in on this but if I was to upgrade from griffons to jesters I could technically leave the plates on and just swap the bindings?
    If Demos, yes.

If not demos, you'll need to remount the toe, but you could theoretically leave the heel track mounted.

Instead of making a new thread I thought I would ask here, does anyone have the template for 12/13 demo jester? Is the demo template the same as regular, is this year the same as last year? I would really appreciate some clarification on this before buying them

Quote Originally Posted by ferniebiker View Post
    Instead of making a new thread I thought I would ask here, does anyone have the template for 12/13 demo jester? Is the demo template the same as regular, is this year the same as last year? I would really appreciate some clarification on this before buying them
    The Demo hole pattern is the same as the Schizo, except you mount them for 315mm BSL regardless of your actual BSL.
    Leave No Turn Unstoned!

Did they make the screw pattern wider for this year? Thanks for the help!