Thread: Brubeck

Brubeck

R.I.P Dave Brubeck. Jazz has just lost another legendary artist.
    Did the last unsatisfied fat soccer mom you took to your mom's basement call you a fascist? -irul&ublo
    Don't Taze me bro.

RIP indeed.

gonna have to rock The Specials cover of Take Five tonight...and the original...
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Nuts. Truly one of the greats. I grew up on Dave and Paul Desmond - what more could you ask for? We'll miss you , Dave.

Marian McPartland's Piano Jazz is re-broadcasting her time with Brubeck. Highly recommend the listen.

91 yo. Not a bad run.

Great piece tonight on NPR. Married for 70 years.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Grew up with him, too. Saw him at Berkley about five years ago...and he still rocked. Take Five Dave... RIP.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

When you walk with Brubeck, you wak with a god. When you listen to Brubeck, you are listening to the heavens themselves.While we here on earth mourn his and our loss, the heavens rejoice...as they have just gained a most worthy voice.I just saw a youtube video of Brubeck at the 2006 Notre Dame commencement, he played "Traveler's Blues"....my god can that man tickle those ivories..even at eighty+five!!!--
    "The reason death sticks so closely to life isn't biological necessity - it's envy. Life is so beautiful that death has fallen in love with it; a jealous, possesive love that grabs at what it can." by Yann Martel from Life of Pi

Posted by DJSapp:
    "Squirrels are rats with good PR."