Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    You'll be fine. It's just another ski area. It all depends on you.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by telemike View Post
    you can probably pay someone to hold your hand if you're scared
    Drop Rontele a pm?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Just make sure you wear a helmet

Name:  BD8yQ.gif
Views: 561
Size:  981.0 KB

that is a fucking awesome gif

yer sprout?
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

nay sir, I have no rugrats yet (Knock on wood). I'm not sure we want a bunch of little brews running around anyways.

To the OP... it's not like you're in the chugach, check the avy report and know what the conditions are.

http://www.jhavalanche.org/viewTeton

shred with your head, at least let someone know where you will be.

I understand that the JH patrol has a ski-along partners program if you're skiing alone. Stop in and ask them to ski with you.

holler 'anyone wan't to do a TRAINING OR ALASKA lap' while approaching the lifts.

Quote Originally Posted by telemike View Post
    you can probably pay someone to hold your hand if you're scared
    Or if you're looking to pay someone to hold something, perhaps you should consider the Tahoe area, and you can end up here for some quality apres ski.
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

Ok, I'm going to be nice. It will be fine, go ski and have fun. You might even meet some cool people. Relax, breathe, everything will be just fine. Ok, there I did it. Must. Fight. Urge. To. Be . Dick.......

He kinda has a point, I can think of five 'in resort' fatalities in the last 12 years....

(1) ski alone in Jackson
    (2) die
    (3) relatives sue resort
    (4) PROFIT !

Do it for your kids. Stop being so selfish !
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

I don't think anyone has 'won' suing the resort...that shit doesn't fly too far in Wy....

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    He kinda has a point, I can think of five 'in resort' fatalities in the last 12 years....
    Two I believe were employees working to make it safe for the public.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I understand that the JH patrol has a ski-along partners program if you're skiing alone. Stop in and ask them to ski with you.
    you can implement this program at your ski area

just holler "SINGLE! SINGLE LADIES! WIN A DATE WITH A PATROLLER! STEP RIGHT UP LADIES! LEAVE YOUR HUSBANDS AND BOYFRIENDS BEHIND!"

followed by "Hi. What's your name?"
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Always the bunny ranch, as of there were no other options in the state. That place is too clean to be of any real adventure value.

You gonna DIE!
    " after you eat something I cooked "

Well, I don't know the specifics in your case, but your heart will stop beating, your brain will cease to function, no more oxygen will flow to your lungs. You will likely evacuate your bowels, and even your saliva, semen, and other bodily fluids. They you will go into rigor mortis, begin to decay, and turn into a fetid pile of rotting flesh and corpusculent entrails.
    If you are lucky, animals will gnaw on your now useless bones, and a minor evil deity from the planet Kolob will make a ceremonial dinner bell out of your skull, which he will use to summon the Jackals of Moroni, who will then devour your clotted blood in goblets made of petrified Mastadon testicles.

Beyond that, it is unclear, unfortunately....

Quote Originally Posted by onstar View Post
    Is it safe to go skiing/boarding alone at Jackson? Itll be my first time out there. BTW, I consider myself to be pretty advanced and Ill be staying MOSTLY in the in bound areas.
    You'll be fine if you stay completely inbounds by yourself. Don't be an idiot and go out of bounds by yourself. You're not only putting yourself in danger, but also skiers/boarders around you in danger as you are likely not practicing safe backcountry travel patterns and could easily trigger an avalanche on those below you. So don't try and be cool just so you can say you "went OB at jackson" - there's already an excess of wanna be core bros from SEC schools in that town as it is. And don't let "typical" become your favorite adjective while your there either.
    I wear crocs for the style, not the comfort.

take the free guided tour

Quote Originally Posted by onstar View Post
    Is it safe to go skiing/boarding alone at Jackson? Itll be my first time out there. BTW, I consider myself to be pretty advanced and Ill be staying mostly in the in bound areas.

thoughts or opinions?
    At 9:30 near the ticket office attached to the tram terminal to your right (facing the mountain) you will see JHMR staff in red jackets go over to them. Each day mountain host give a free tour of the mountain. They take you up starting on Apres Vous and show you the cut offs and upper mountain chairs and how to get to them.

If you have never been then do that. YOu will ride Teewinnot, Apre Vous do a couple runs there they check you out to see what your ability is. THen you will take the cutoff over to casper chair. Do a couple runs there then cut over to Thunder, Ski down to Sublette and then ski down. With that you will pretty much get the hang of where you can go, where you might want to go and where you really don't want to go.

I'm scared Sarge...., we're all scared son
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Always the bunny ranch, as of there were no other options in the state. That place is too clean to be of any real adventure value.
    If Air Force Amy is clean than I don't want to be dirty.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	l.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	23.0 KB 
ID:	127344
    Last edited by My Pet Powder Goat; 12-06-2012 at 08:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Yes you can get it with the help of our company.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingArizona View Post
    Two I believe were employees working to make it safe for the public.
    I can think of 5 non-employee deaths in bounds off the top of my head in the last 10 years. Mostly hitting trees, a terrain park overshoot, and an avy. Im sure there's been more. Jackson is not too different than most ski resorts. People generally dont hurt themselves in gnarly terrain, its going too fast and hitting ice that will get you.