Question about binding screws...

Hi, I'm a Jong. I searched for the answer for this question, but didn't find anything...

If I have to drill out a screw for the toe piece of a pair of Rossi power 120s... can I substitute a similar screw from the hardware store or do I have to find some sort of OEM replacement?

This may be a totally stupid question, but it's the first time I've had a stripped binding screw.

Any advice would he much appreciated.

I guess if you could find a similar screw (i.e. size, depth, threads) at the hardware store you could use it. Are you using a Pozidrive screwdriver? If you're using a phillips, that's why your screws are stripping out. If there's a shop close to you at all, just go in and ask for a screw. They'll probably just give you one or maybe charge you a dollar.
    ROBOTS ARE EATING MY FACE.

Thanks for the quick reply... I'm going to the shop momentarily. But I'll also be passing a hardware store.

What's a pozidrive screwdriver? Is that the same thing as an impact driver?

I'll pick up whatever I need...

thanks again

Pozidrive is like a blunt Philips only different. Get one (#3) for your ski work ASAP.

Aren't mounting screws typically higher quality than what you'll find at the hardware store? After mounting my first pair of bindings last week I was impressed that the torque I put on one screw stripped the hole rather than breaking the screw. I've broken lots of hardware store screws with similar levels of torque.

My bad... i just looked it up. it's a different shaped head than a phillips

Thanks for the tip

Quote Originally Posted by bossass
    just go in and ask for a screw.
    That only works if you're a girl.