Page 7 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

does this count as a rumor?:
    current cmh guest stock will be 'flooding' the used market (mntlion?) because wagner will be supplying cmh.

what's cmh currently using? atomic?

also, any word on tele boot front? anybody debuting something like tlt5, mercury, etc.?

CMH. Is kinda deep in bed with k2. Don't see a change soon

Canadian Mountain Holidays (CMH) was so impressed by the final product, it pre-ordered a lodge's worth to provide all of its guests.
    http://www.outsideonline.com/blog/ou...er-custom.html

so it's gonna be cmh branded k2 noodles 'flooding' the market? :?

Quote Originally Posted by verbier61 View Post
    Yes for some soles, which are made of pastic with just a little bit of rubber. Some others work much better. I've spent all the past winter testing prototypes, and some of them were working well. The prototypes I'm waiting for xmas might be even better :-)
    thanks for the details. prototype testing sounds like fun.

One lodge. Out of 15. Is a small amount in the total fleet. But good for then. Looking forward the the fall sale in a few years

me, too. thanks for the clarification (# of lodges).

Something with carbon in it Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1355580722.418841.jpg 
Views:	449 
Size:	101.7 KB 
ID:	127995
    Quote Originally Posted by verbier61 View Post
    [LEFT[/LEFT]

Tell us more, if y know ;-)
    #1 goal this year......stay alive +
    DOWN SKIS

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Gore is revamping pro shell, getting rid of the PU layer, going to multi-layer e-PFTE. Rumor has it that it will be air-permeable, but Gore is focusing on a durability story, not breathabilty. More durable than eVent and neoshell. Ripstop nylon interior fabric face. Only heavy face fabrics, no stretch or lightweight fabric.
    Three products in the Gore-Tex range:
    Gore-tex (all other "old" brands fall in this- softshell, paclite, old pro shell, performance shell)
    Gore-tex Active (no change in material)
    Gore-tex Pro
    Is the new Pro the "N80p-X" Pro fabric that's appeared on the new Arcteryx Alpha SV and Haglofs Vassi?

I'm trying to figure out the N80P-X thing out myself. It's the first year Arcteryx is using the face fabric, but it's listed as softshell (Sidewinder AR) and proshell (Sidewinder SV, Alpha SV). My understanding of the difference in proshell vs. regular vs. softshell is the face fabric, not the membrane? And if it is a difference in the membrane, can someone explain?

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    http://www.outsideonline.com/blog/ou...er-custom.html

so it's gonna be cmh branded k2 noodles 'flooding' the market? :?
    Canadian Mountain Holidays (CMH) was so impressed by the final product, it pre-ordered a lodge's worth to provide all of its guests. Available now in any custom ski Wagner makes, $1,900

Pricing should cater to .....

Every man dies. Not every man lives.
    You don’t stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

2014 will be the "Year of the Binding".
    Click. Point. Chute.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim S View Post
    Pricing should cater to .....

trolls aside, it seems like it's working pretty well for wagner skis. they have been featured twice in the nytimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Flexon Phil View Post
    2014 will be the "Year of the Binding".
    Comeon, Phil!

thought it will be more 2015 with the new at/alpine salomon insert binding (and shoes)???

Dyna 16 Thread in DE
    or HERE
    #1 goal this year......stay alive +
    DOWN SKIS

more

freak~[&]

Quote Originally Posted by geo039 View Post
    Dyna 16 Thread in DE
    or HERE
    Holy balls almighty!

That is all.

Edit: Freak, you forgot this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Beast 1.jpg 
Views:	856 
Size:	274.5 KB 
ID:	128103

Edit to add the other ones as well...

Name:	Beast 2.jpg 
Views:	973 
Size:	269.0 KB 
ID:	128201

Name:	Beast 3.jpg 
Views:	842 
Size:	264.4 KB 
ID:	128200
    Last edited by SiSt; 12-18-2012 at 04:29 AM.
    simen@downskis.com DOWN SKIS

That thing just looks wild. Looks like some sort of weapon as opposed to a touring binding.

^^^I don't know why but when I look at that thing all I can think of is Robocop

Everyone should just start saving up some cash, looks like you´ll need new boots as well as bindings.

About time someone moved the heel connection points out ot the side though. Shame it´ll cost an arm and a leg to get in on the fun. Prob. a bit cheaper in a few years time?

Last edited by SiSt; 12-17-2012 at 06:56 AM.

Sometimes I love this place.

That metal heel attachment looks like it could be adapted to existing boots. The metal isn't totally set into the plastic, it rests on it. The metal lower is the same as the current piece and the grooves in the plastic are the same as this years boots.

It doesn't make sense for dynafit to fragment their line like that anyway. I think they knew this was coming out when the introduced the Vulcan. This technology will trickle down to the recreational line, especially if it can be certified for release. If they were going for a new boot standard they would have gone further than this, way more options that way, but probably a bad business move.

Could be wrong, but probably not.

Looks good though. It doesn't look too much bulkier/heavier than the G3 abortion.

Let's guess weight: 650g per binding?

what jrainey said. i think the metal part for the heel will be retrofittable to nearly every boot. othern than that, the upper part of the heel piece which attaches to the boot looks a bit like what trab showed around at ispo for 2 years. i think it looks heavy... two big springs, id guess more than 700gr.

freak~[&]

I am sure that there will be an 'upgrade' kit for boots.* Dynafit would burn a lot of bridges if they told a ton of folks that the $800-$1000 boot they just bought is not comparable with the new binding. With all the other tech bindings and boots out there now, technica could just sell new sole blocks* for all the Cochise owners out there pushing people away from dynafit. If non of the above is avalible, I am sure it will take a mag all of a month to have a good solution for their Mastrale/Mercury/Cochise modified to work. Once I get my hands on the dimensions I could probably machine some out.

My 2¢

*For the low price of eleventy million dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    I am sure that there will be an 'upgrade' kit for boots.* Dynafit would burn a lot of bridges if they told a ton of folks that the $800-$1000 boot they just bought is not comparable with the new binding. With all the other tech bindings and boots out there now, technica could just sell new sole blocks* for all the Cochise owners out there pushing people away from dynafit. If non of the above is avalible, I am sure it will take a mag all of a month to have a good solution for their Mastrale/Mercury/Cochise modified to work. Once I get my hands on the dimensions I could probably machine some out.

My 2¢

*For the low price of eleventy million dollars.
    Well, the new heel design is very likely patented, so Dynafit will be able to control the market simply through having the "must have" binding. What boot mfgs used to license the "old" fittings? Likely the first ones to get in on this.

Other than that, I´d be royally pissed if I´d bought new Vulcans/Mercuries this season and there´s no "affordable", certified mod available.