Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Skied a great lap up Slate River last Tuesday w/ Rachel, goldenboy, and Nick. Thanks for taking us gb!

^^Glad you guys found some good snow and good times. Sorry I missed you this time around. Hope to see you guys again in these parts soon
    -
    14erskiers.com

"Don't be afraid of the spaces between your dreams and reality. If you can dream it, you can make it so." - Belva Davis

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle"--Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbikerskierchick View Post
    ^^Glad you guys found some good snow and good times. Sorry I missed you this time around. Hope to see you guys again in these parts soon
    Great times indeed! We'll be back this weekend or next

Here's a few belated pics from last weekend.

D-side:

Gone Skiing:

goldenboy:

More photos here.

Ullr played a cruel joke on us again with this last storm - just a little snow and a whole heck of a lot of cold!
    -
    14erskiers.com

"Don't be afraid of the spaces between your dreams and reality. If you can dream it, you can make it so." - Belva Davis

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle"--Albert Einstein

1/14/12
    Here's a few shots from this past weekend....everyone in our group encountered the best skiing so far this year (and maybe last too)...figured it'd be worth sharing. We skied some steep terrain and encountered conditions becoming more stable as of late. This is also the first time I've posted anything on TGR, although I've frequented the forums as a silent reader for quite a while.

Nate and Lefty (just a left nut so the story goes) heading out in subzero temps

Nice view of Gothic, with enough snow to ski some of the south facing aspects

Same mountain, December 2.

This is Lefty's first time along with us.

Trying to absorb some sun and find a nice cozy spot....but, its frigid out here!!!

A nice non-chalant first run, we had it all to ourselves on this day.

Skiing by Lefty to give him some motivation to press on...

You know you love it Lefty

Another lap

Lefty doesn't wanna get left behind

Pretty nice today despite the high hovering around zero

Day 2 of the weekend was with a larger group, and some steeper lines

2 in our group opted for this little pillow line along the skin track...just vid though.

gaining the ridge, we knew today would be memorable

ohhhh yeahh

Andy harvesting the gut

It was so soft and deep that cartwheels were a given

On our 2nd lap, we traversed along the ridge some more, and came on to a darker scene. A group of 4 cows, 2 dead, and 2 munching on trees, weak, lost, and probably gonna die.

On our 2nd second descent, we were pleasantly startled by some grouse/ptarmigans nesting in the center of the bowl, and popping up out of the snow in droves as we skied down

Andy trying to figure out which side of the tree he wants and compromises with the tree itself

For a lackluster, considerably below average, butthurt, dry, supposedly terrible winter....there were no complaints from us. Apparently not all of CO blows...just gotta look around some. Definitely feel inspired & grateful to live around here.

If those calves are for sure strays, somebody please get them some help. Make some calls and get them rounded up.

I heard yesterday the two remaining ones were successfully rescued.

Quote Originally Posted by blueyceman View Post
    Sad to see those cows up there, yikes! Looks like you guys haven't been stopped by the cold, nice!

Nice shots, hope you post more as the year goes on. Hope those cows were saved.

thanks for the shots
    no frostbite for your efforts? i've been losing that battle lately on the nose. any tips?

keep fueling the stoke, for sure

Lefty is a boss! Owen wouldn't have made it 10' from the truck

One shot from yesterday. dside11-11:

As bad as it is, sometimes it's still good. More pics.

Frank skied too, he's not just a photographer:

Great stuff again. Third shot on goldenboy's site is $.

Irwin looks sick! I would love to visit and check it out, mini golfing is so much fun.

Quote Originally Posted by blueyceman View Post
    For a lackluster, considerably below average, butthurt, dry, supposedly terrible winter....there were no complaints from us. Apparently not all of CO blows...just gotta look around some. Definitely feel inspired & grateful to live around here.
    +1

Way to get out and bring the stoke. Glad to see more than just our crew having an awesome December/January (though our stoke-bringage has been the suck so far).

Whoa. The GoldenBoy fell. I didn't know that happened.
    Drive slow, homie.

Free Friday afternoons and Saturdays for the next few weeks...

Really? I might have to come for Subaru master the mountain

Quote Originally Posted by Gone Skiing View Post
    Frank skied too, he's not just a photographer:

Gb showing the youngin's how its done!

Some probably have seen this, but a nice article on the cow rescue: http://http://www.crestedbuttenews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4664&Ite mid=40

Pretty sure I saw Lefty making an appearance at the packed Wash Gulch TH today. Am I correct?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8381518647_5e0728c478_c.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	219.1 KB 
ID:	130808
    -
    14erskiers.com

GoldenBoy does something beside take pics...he...skis? who knew?

Have fun in BC Tom
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

After scoping cute puppies at the parking lot mbsc and I skied a great line on Gothic yesterday. Its hard to complain about this weather!

Found a black Marmot jacket with green "trim" on the Skuykill skin track today. Probably from two guys who passed us at the campground while we were doing some beacon practice. Shoot me a PM if it's yours.
    -
    14erskiers.com