Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

12/13 Smith Optics We Make The Great Days Better Contest (GP Winner Announced)

Enter this year’s Smith Optics We Make The Great Days Better Contest for the chance to win one of five gear kits (a helmet, goggles, sunglasses and a hat) every 11 days and a Grand Prize 3-day all expenses paid trip for two to Smith’s hometown of Sun Valley, Idaho.

Each 11-day period will have a topic for you to respond to with a photo and in 200 words or less. Smith will choose these topic winners based on how well their entries relate to each topic. At the end of the contest, Smith will choose the Grand Prize winner from the topic winners based on their overall contribution to the contest.

The Grand Prize package for two includes airfare from any major North American city, 3 nights of lodging, 1 day of skiing at Sun Valley with a Smith ski athlete, 1 day of heli skiing with Sun Valley Heli Ski with that athlete (weather permitting), a tour of Smith’s HQs, beer/food money and a full Smith gear kit.

This contest ends January 28, 2013 at 11:59 PM MT. Entrants must be 21 years of age or older and a resident of the United States or Canada. Enter now to win gear from Smith and for your chance to experience all that Sun Valley has to offer without ever having to open your wallet. Entries submitted directly to this thread and not through the contest pages risk not being considered.

Click Here To Enter Now
    Last edited by tgrweb; 01-29-2013 at 12:42 PM.

WROD Radness - 12/4/12-12/15/12

Alright. Here's the first topic, have at it...

It's early season and you are either feasting on pow or hitting the groomers to make the most of what you have. To give our snow starved friends a chance to play in this first round, post up your best photo of dominating the White Ribbon of Death. Snow gun jibs, vapor spraying, hyper carving all come into play here. Let's see how rad/creative you can get with the limited offerings a groomer provides. Winner gets a Smith goggle/helmet/sunglass kit and is entered to win an all expense paid trip for two to Sun Valley, ID where they will be able to ski with a Smith Ski Athlete via chairlifts and helicopter. This topic starts 12/4/12 and ends 12/15/12 at 11:59 PM MT.

Click Here To Enter Now
    Last edited by tgrweb; 12-04-2012 at 02:55 PM.

A young WROD at Jackson from October of 2011. | View Entry Page

1 mile from N. America's biggest chairlift
    Hey everybody,

For those of you that dont know, I work here at Smith Optics and I just want to take this opportunity to say thanks for all of the support over the years. We are stoked to get this contest rolling so we can generate some good content for these boards and give you guys the chance to win some quality gear. The skiing here in Sun Valley is off to an amazing start with awesome conditions so this Grand Prize trip is shaping up to be a good one. We cant wait to have the winners come up here and tap into this awesome scene, we will show you a good time no doubt.

lets see what kind of images you can produce from the WROD and lets get this party started.
    Rocket Sleds and Super Space Boots

I'd post up a photo, but we already have a midwinter base (70inches) here at Whistler, so faceshots probably don't count. This one gonna have an actual winner or will it end like the maggot POV contest? Just sayin...
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    I'd post up a photo, but we already have a midwinter base (70inches) here at Whistler, so faceshots probably don't count. This one gonna have an actual winner or will it end like the maggot POV contest? Just sayin...
    if you are blessed without having to ski groomers right now then keep in mind we are having a Best Powder and Best Cliff Huck so you can display how lucky you and Whistler are in the coming weeks, I just wanted to level the playing field and include our less endowed friends for this first round.

Hell yeah we are going to pick a winner, we sent The Gnarwhale to Antarctica with the last contest we held. I dont know what happened with the maggot POV contest, someone care to fill me in?

radness on the groomers begins with these lift personnel!!!!! | View Entry Page

ww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is me when I was 5 years old at Solitude. I guess I never really learned how to turn, explains a lot... | View Entry Page

Paragliding on skis in the French Alps on a bluebird. | View Entry Page

While out there ripping the strip I find that my legs aren't in great shape, and turning is tough! I don't take those silly ski fitness classes pre-season, I ski myself into shape, and during this time of year I'd rather just point em downhill. "Do you know how fast you were going, sir? Hold on, we'll tell you." | View Entry Page

Making the best of some man made snow off the edge of a run at Red Lodge Mountain. | View Entry Page

Into the Abyss | View Entry Page

This was an amazing day up at Whistler. With the sun out, it was super balmy, which made for a wonderful day on the groomers for five of us girls skiing/riding in bikini tops. | View Entry Page

A different perspective on groomer shredding. | View Entry Page

White Ribbon Of Death!!! Nothing says early skiing like the cold Northeast... Here is an excellent example of what the eastern skier has to contend with while regaining our mountain legs. Sure the sun looks great, and it is, if you close your eyes and remove your helmet for an early season face tan. What you see in this picture is 100% coverage the entire length of Killington's RIME trail, directly under the North Ridge Triple chair. What you don't see is the "hike" that is necessary for us to perform (down from the K1 to the trail and up from the top of the chair back to the K1 to download). So in short, we get to hike DOWN to the trail, ski under the guns, ride up over the guns (causing icing issues on your bases), and as a bonus.... Hike back UP to download. SKI THE EAST!!! JTP | View Entry Page

Sending it early season, "Go fast and take chances" | View Entry Page

Neon is the new black especially when I rip the strip | View Entry Page

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1355343061.354628.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	69.6 KB 
ID:	127804
    I just took this photo of "Big" Mike Atkinson getting pitted on a flat groomer in Breckenridge.

Let see what else you guys can bring

No white ribbon of death, just a pilgrimage to a classic early season destination

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1759.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	747.1 KB 
ID:	127812

Up at Mt. Baker this is what a groomer looks like. Don't forget your goggles! | View Entry Page

Tried out the antiques last winter. Went to the track for some speed runs. Showing some love for the Smith goggles too! | View Entry Page

The WROD contest ends tomorrow and this one is anyone's game. Post up some pics to win Smith gear and have a 1 in 5 chance to come heliskiing with us.

Getting rad in old school style. | View Entry Page

WROD? More like With Rad Older Dude. WTF! I turn my back to get beers and my girl is off with Captain Powder skiing to some Warm Springs and then to get Cozy… I might as well pull a Hemingway and off myself via Gun Tower or drown in Lower River. That is, unless there’s a heli day in my future – help make my grey days better! | View Entry Page