Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Quote Originally Posted by GT40 View Post

"Making the great days better..." Well, to be honest the conditions were miserable. It rained on the mountain the night before and vis was so bad we were tempted to pee on the lip of the jump just to be able to see it. That said.... we ended up having a blast. We channeled our inner McConkey and rocked the original grab. There were more good laughs than good turns, but we all left in great spirits. Skiing is about having fun... don't let the conditions tell you otherwise.
    | View Entry Page

MD9 and I had a blast with GT40(our dad) this day. I can safely say I'd never tried hitting a jump with someone at the same time. Gauging the speed took some work considering I've got 50 pounds on MD9. We got it dialed in and we were laughing ourselves sick. A patrol rolled up to see what it was we were up to, when we told him, he wanted in and hit the jump with a big spread eagle.
    “When I die, I'll rot. When I live, I'll give it all I've got.”

Nothing says old school like hot-dogging down some bumps under the lift line. I was really hoping to get some better photos today, but when it's dumping snow for the first time in weeks and getting better every run, people tend to not want to wait on the photographer. | View Entry Page

So the contest is winding down and I thought I'd share a little more pow stoke from a few weeks back. It was several days after our last storm, but MD9, GT40, non maggot Gabe, and I found some untracked.

MD9 dropping in.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	untitled (1 of 5).jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	215.2 KB 
ID:	131460

Gabe getting some.

Name:	untitled (2 of 5).jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	189.7 KB 
ID:	131461

MD9 milking some light.

Name:	untitled (3 of 5).jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	192.1 KB 
ID:	131462

Gabe putting up a HUGE wave.

Name:	untitled (4 of 5).jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	173.3 KB 
ID:	131463

MD9 in his happy place.

Name:	untitled (5 of 5).jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	257.9 KB 
ID:	131464

Storms just start hitting us again today. Looking forward to getting out and getting more photos.

1 mile from N. America's biggest chairlift
    This is a tough one to call, our team of judges is going over all of the entries and we hope to make an announcement soon regarding the Best Trick and Overall Grand prize winner....
    Rocket Sleds and Super Space Boots

Quote Originally Posted by TetonSkier View Post
    Thanks to everyone who contributed to this contest, it was a lot of fun to see what you all came up with over the past couple of months. The Best Old School Trick contest brought in some fun entries making this round tough to call, but in the end we had to give it up to TetonSkier for this streched out daffy. Not only does he have good, tweaked out form, but his stare down at the camera lens shows supreme control as he doesnt even need to spot his landing. Way to go TetonSkier, send me a PM and I will get you dialed in with a box of fresh gear from Smith.

So now we have all of the entries in and it is time to declare a winner. There is no doubt that there were 2 people that really stood out in this contest and that is Meat's of Evil and powder11. So lets break it down to see how we came to choose the winner.

powder11 won the Keeping it Real contest, and Meat's of Evil took the win in Best Cliff Huck.

Looking at the intangibles, they both contributed some other photos to boost the stoke around here, and that was appreciated by the judging panel.

In the end and after much deliberation and consultation, we are happy to announce that Meat's of Evil is bringing a guest to Sun Valley, ID for a day of heli skiing, a day of racking up vert on the chairlifts, as well as free lodging, dinners and apres beers. Lets all give a big congrats to Meat's of Evil for his contribution and stoke to not only this thread, but these entire forums.

powder11, thanks for the great effort and as a consolation prize, Smith can send out another box of our best gear your way so you can pick up any product you werent able to during your K.I.R. win.

thanks to everyone for all of the support around here, take it easy and have a kickass winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Super G View Post
    Thanks to everyone who contributed to this contest, it was a lot of fun to see what you all came up with over the past couple of months. The Best Old School Trick contest brought in some fun entries making this round tough to call, but in the end we had to give it up to TetonSkier for this streched out daffy. Not only does he have good, tweaked out form, but his stare down at the camera lens shows supreme control as he doesnt even need to spot his landing. Way to go TetonSkier, send me a PM and I will get you dialed in with a box of fresh gear from Smith.

So now we have all of the entries in and it is time to declare a winner. There is no doubt that there were 2 people that really stood out in this contest and that is Meat's of Evil and powder11. So lets break it down to see how we came to choose the winner.

powder11 won the Keeping it Real contest, and Meat's of Evil took the win in Best Cliff Huck.

Looking at the intangibles, they both contributed some other photos to boost the stoke around here, and that was appreciated by the judging panel.

In the end and after much deliberation and consultation, we are happy to announce that Meat's of Evil is bringing a guest to Sun Valley, ID for a day of heli skiing, a day of racking up vert on the chairlifts, as well as free lodging, dinners and apres beers. Lets all give a big congrats to Meat's of Evil for his contribution and stoke to not only this thread, but these entire forums.

powder11, thanks for the great effort and as a consolation prize, Smith can send out another box of our best gear your way so you can pick up any product you werent able to during your K.I.R. win.

thanks to everyone for all of the support around here, take it easy and have a kickass winter.
    Although I'm kind of bummed I did not win the grand prize, I feel like a winner to have been that close and won a bunch of cool stuff! I really appreciate the consulation prize too. I know MOE is a worthy recipient, so congrats to him as well as GT40 & MD9! Well done fella's and have fun in the heli!

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

I don't really have the words to say how stoked/grateful I am. After what have maybe been the highest stress work day I'd ever had, to read this really just turned a pretty taxing day into a great one. Thank you to Smith, Super G, Sun Valley, Sun Valley Heli Ski Guides, and I'm sure the Reverend Floater! I'll be sure to take the camera gear a long for the trip. Look for a TR come late Feb.

Powder11, thanks for the kind words, and all the stoke you brought to the contest. That Kosak photo is just nuts. Congrats on getting styled out with a bunch of Smith gear.

To everyone who entered the contest, thank you! It's posts like this one full of stoke that keep not only keep myself but a lot of others coming back to this message board.

Here's a shot of MD9 coming up for air.

Name:	untitled (1 of 2)-2.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	171.3 KB 
ID:	131521

So awesome, incredibly stoked for you guys. Congrats MOE. Can't wait to see the photo's from sun valley and hear some heli stories.
    More fucked up than a cricket in a hubcap

Teton Skier. Great daffy! Perfect form.
    I want a 6" travel 20lb MTB. I found the 20lb MTB, but only good for riders under 87 pounds.

Hell ya. Congrats MOE!! That new gear better be ready to shred the gnar.

I am happy to announce that we have secured Smith Ski Athlete Ian McIntosh to come shred with MOE and his bro MD9.

Looking forward to having you guys out here, and Ian is equally stoked. See you soon.

Well done Super G!

Quote Originally Posted by Super G View Post
    I am happy to announce that we have secured Smith Ski Athlete Ian McIntosh to come shred with MOE and his bro MD9.

Looking forward to having you guys out here, and Ian is equally stoked. See you soon.
    This is Awesome! Ian is one of MD9's and I's favorite skiers. I won't lie, the idea of skiing Ian and MD9 is a little scary.

Here is the shot GT40 got of the Patroller.

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	446.8 KB 
ID:	132280

Thanks again Smith!!!