Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Last year, my season ended when I came up short doing a backflip in the park. After spending all summer healing my broken foot, I was determined to do a backflip again. This time, off a cliff. So here is a shot of my first backflip in almost 9 months. | View Entry Page

BenGoertzen Guest

Bridger Bowl opening week, you know it is good when you skip school to ski. First run, head over to the legendary DRCS cliff to test out the new skis. Worked out fairly well, I'd say. | View Entry Page

Dave Gheriani going as big as you can without a chute! | View Entry Page

It's been a lean year. Low tide and sharks abound. You find yourself refreshing weather pages constantly waiting for some magic in the forecast, stopping by your favorite LZ's, keeping an eye on conditions so if the heavens so much as sneeze you'll be ready to make the most of it. But they more than sneezed. 20" of light snow dropped in 24 hours. We knew the LZ was clean due to our homework. All we had to do was pack some snow on the take-off and get sendy. The landing was plush. So plush we had to hit it a few more times. | View Entry Page

Hucking a Cliff out of the backcountry gates at The Canyons Resort | View Entry Page

backcountry at the canyons. got a grab in too | View Entry Page

Casper Bowl at Jackson Hole is one of my favorite places to ski. Documented with a Contour POV the image is not the best nor the image editing but it does not matter, the memories sparked by this picture are enough to bring me back to Jackson. | View Entry Page

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Domanski's 3 .jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	1.53 MB 
ID:	130703

123gsa

this thread rules
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinalTap View Post
    I'm really troubled by whatever pictures the Don had to search through to arrive at that one...

1 mile from N. America's biggest chairlift
    Quote Originally Posted by Meat's of Evil View Post

It's been a lean year. Low tide and sharks abound. You find yourself refreshing weather pages constantly waiting for some magic in the forecast, stopping by your favorite LZ's, keeping an eye on conditions so if the heavens so much as sneeze you'll be ready to make the most of it. But they more than sneezed. 20" of light snow dropped in 24 hours. We knew the LZ was clean due to our homework. All we had to do was pack some snow on the take-off and get sendy. The landing was plush. So plush we had to hit it a few more times. | View Entry Page
    Awesome photos this round, good to see everyone is getting some airtime.

Lets review some of these standout entries...2turnMcFly--wow man, you are way into it and just full of enthusiasm. Awesome shot too. For added effect next time, try and get a little snow moving with you off the cliff, photo editors love that shit, and you will be on your way to getting the cover of Powder in no time.

powder11, that is a huge huck, but I am not convinced it was taken this season.

theskiking, way to send it on your first day out. Love the flying squirrel form, and nothing beats the thill of speeding away from a stomped huck

berlinbomber, you are a nut bag to be skiing like that at Big Sky without a helmet. So many sharks on that mountain, send me a PM and I will get a helmet sent your way.

zartagen, way to come back from your injury with authority! Nice form on the backie and remember the next contest is best old school trick so keep these types of shots coming.
    point it, that is huge and I love the backlit vapors...

...but the winner of this round is Meat's of Evil. The way the drawn out cliff is framed compliments the black and white composition. The vapor trails denote speed and commitment, and your well written description really ties it all together. Just send me a PM and I will get some gear sent your way. Congrats on winning this exciting round, you are now eligible to win a trip to Sun Valley to ski with a Smith Athlete via chairlifts and helicopter.

This leads us into our final round, the Best Old School Trick. With X Games just around the corner, now is the time to perfect that trick you have been working on. We are going old school here, so backscratchers, mule kicks, penciled out helis, daffy's and spraffy's, and front and backflips will all score higher than the lastest double corked future spins we will see at the big show in Aspen next week.

Show us what you have and you could be living the high life in Sun Valley on Smith's dime.

Go for it!
    Get rad!
    Stay rad!
    Rocket Sleds and Super Space Boots

I love this thread, and think it's super rad that you're doing stuff like this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Super G View Post
    berlinbomber, you are a nut bag to be skiing like that at Big Sky without a helmet. So many sharks on that mountain, send me a PM and I will get a helmet sent your way.
    Makes me happy to support Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by tavis View Post
    I love this thread, and think it's super rad that you're doing stuff like this:

Makes me happy to support Smith.
    Hell Yea! Smith is killing it

wow, I'm utterly surprised and grateful for this turn of events. I do have to say that Meat's of Evil deserved it with that wicked huck.

Thank you Smith! That was a classy move hooking up berlinbomber like that, you guys rule!

Berlinbomber, thanks for the kind words. I've got to give credit to MD9 for hucking it for the photo.
    “When I die, I'll rot. When I live, I'll give it all I've got.”

Lots of high pressure around the country, let's see what you all've got...

Quote Originally Posted by Super G View Post
    This leads us into our final round, the Best Old School Trick. With X Games just around the corner, now is the time to perfect that trick you have been working on. We are going old school here, so backscratchers, mule kicks, penciled out helis, daffy's and spraffy's, and front and backflips will all score higher than the lastest double corked future spins we will see at the big show in Aspen next week.

Show us what you have and you could be living the high life in Sun Valley on Smith's dime.

Go for it!
    Get rad!
    Stay rad!

I'm very stoked to have won the huck photo contest. I think that what Smith is doing is pure awesome, so I wanted to share some stoke to say thanks/ fire up other maggots to enter the final round. Like I said in the caption for the huck photo we've had a lean year. I didn't have a pow turn pick for the pow contest. We just didn't have the snow. When we did get some snow MD9 and I got out and made the best of it. Here are a few shots from late December. MD9 is the skier and I'm the photographer.

Name:	untitled (1 of 4).jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	127.3 KB 
ID:	131067

Name:	untitled (2 of 4).jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	132.0 KB 
ID:	131068

Name:	untitled (3 of 4).jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	144.8 KB 
ID:	131069

Name:	untitled (4 of 4).jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	148.9 KB 
ID:	131070
    “When I die, I'll rot. When I live, I'll give it all I've got.”

Fuck yeah Meat's of Evil, thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by Meat's of Evil View Post

Name:	untitled (4 of 4).jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	148.9 KB 
ID:	131070

It was a totally radical day on the mountain - so rad that I decided to break out the denim fartbag and my Avalanche Kick Freestyle. Righteous tail block, circa 1989. Eat your heart out. | View Entry Page

Max "air assault" Arsenault pays tribute to his French roots and throws back to the days of Jean Luc Brassard who won gold in '94 at the Lillehammer games with a super old skool Kosak. Notice I framed the photo old skool style by shooting it under the lift where everyone used to showcase their rad daffys, spreads and kosaks! | View Entry Page

Getting rad for a speech video presentation. | View Entry Page

"Making the great days better..." Well, to be honest the conditions were miserable. It rained on the mountain the night before and vis was so bad we were tempted to pee on the lip of the jump just to be able to see it. That said.... we ended up having a blast. We channeled our inner McConkey and rocked the original grab. There were more good laughs than good turns, but we all left in great spirits. Skiing is about having fun... don't let the conditions tell you otherwise.
    | View Entry Page

Not a entry, but a sweet "Dualie Mulie" none the less.

Name:	untitled (2 of 2).jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	162.6 KB 
ID:	131318
    I want a 6" travel 20lb MTB. I found the 20lb MTB, but only good for riders under 87 pounds.

Sick daffy! I love how this last segment took the backcountry to the park! Here's some nice gratuitus Smith stoke bump for the last day of the contest!

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

Old school tricks are timeless crowd pleasers. Bust them out anywhere on the mountain and people will hoot and holler all day. Daffys, spraffys, spread eagles, and backscratchers are all classics but I went for the tribute to the saucer boy himself, the backflip! | View Entry Page