Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    1 mile from N. America's biggest chairlift
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucks View Post

East Coast Powder, a rare occurrence for the early season. With all the rain the east coast has been receiving we have been fortunate that the higher elevations are graced with periods of considerable snowfall. Best be on your A game though because mother nature has a knack for changing that snow to rain...when it dumps you better get out there quick. What does that mean? Wake up, earn your turns, and make it to class all before 8:30. | View Entry Page
    This was a tough one to call, but after confering with several of my co-workers, we have selected this shot by Tucks. It wasn't the deepest shot, but the snow covered branches and moody tone, coupled with the enthusiasm for getting after it while the getting is good, really add a nice dynamic that some of the other shots lacked. Congrats to Tucks for winning this round, just send me a PM and Smith will get you dialed in with a new gear kit and you now have a 1 in 5 chance to win an all expenses paid trip to Sun Valley, ID where lodging, lift tickets and a helicopter await the grand prize winner.

The topic of our next contest is Keeping It Real. With holiday crowds come people who don't normally ski. These people may not have top of the line gear, but they don't give a shit. They are here to ski, party and Keep It Real. Let's celebrate this style by posting up your best shots of people skiing in Starters jackets, hunting gear, jeans, out of date fart-bags, or whatever type of janky pieced together outfit they can put together. Be on the lookout in lift lines, day lodges, slopeside bars, or anywhere else these KIR subjects reside. This topic ends Jan 6th, so lets get after it.
    Rocket Sleds and Super Space Boots

I can't decide which is better... the ski doo sno-mobile suit or buddy on the snowboard with the poo stain on his fartbag!? | View Entry Page

Just threw these together! | View Entry Page

While this image is not mine, I believe it should hold a spot on the all time Keepin it Real list.
    [IMG] sasquatch by micahpsanders, on Flickr[/IMG]

This guy is a good friend of mine. He is a bro in all sense of the word. He is not the best rider, but damn that Fila jacket looks good. He is so bro he is texting people in the parking lot telling them just how bro he is before he goes and rides. This was at Stevens Pass before the fundraising event for cancer research Hope on the Slopes. What a nice guy! Riding for 24 hours straight for a good cause! Sounds good to me!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12957027/FilaJacket.jpg | View Entry Page

Sure, Working in the Adaptive Program at the hill isn't as fast or exciting as being off-piste or in the side country hitting the pow, but it is pretty damn cool to get folks who may not have the same physical or mental abilities we take for granted on skis. It's pretty special to just leave the go at the door, and head out for a day volunteering to get those who are not as fortunate as us up and sliding over snow. | View Entry Page

No caption needed. | View Entry Page

Ran into this gem at Big Sky. I told her I worked for the photo crew at the lift. Her name was Samantha I think. | View Entry Page

I snapped this shot of Hattrup on New Year's eve. He was keeping it real with his 81-82 season pass and attire from the day
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hattrup.JPG 
Views:	75 
Size:	63.7 KB 
ID:	129594

I'm guessing this teenage girl must have really wanted to ski to put on this high wasted blast from the past. | View Entry Page

Wyoming did not disappoint! Spending most of my season in Vermont I was unsure of what breed of gaper Jackson Hole would attract. It turns out Jersey Jeans are still in fashion even when it is well bellow zero. Team Arctic Cat one piece suits that are more fitting in the deep Maine Woods also made an appearance. I believe the mini-blade count for this week was well into the double digits, but you know what everyone was having a great time even with the lack of snow, frigid temperatures, and ticket prices that cost a small fortune. | View Entry Page

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post

I can't decide which is better... the ski doo sno-mobile suit or buddy on the snowboard with the poo stain on his fartbag!? | View Entry Page
    While the man with the sweater, jorts, and red rear entry's does deserve some kind of lifetime Keeping it Real award, and Samantha is a gem no doubt, we have to give it up to Powder11 for this two-for-one shot of soggy pants and the ski-doo kid. Upon closer inspection, it appears they have a 3rd accomplice on the far right that makes this photo the clear winner. Congrats to Powder11 for winning this round, just send me a PM and we can get you dialed in with some fresh gear. We now have 3 out of 5 of our potential grand prize winners set as head into our next round, Best Cliff Huck.

There are plenty of nice landings out there so lets see what kind of rocky features you guys can send.

http://www.tetongravity.com/contests...t-days-better/

Do the photos have to be from this season? Our base is still to thin to send much.
    “When I die, I'll rot. When I live, I'll give it all I've got.”

yeah we are looking for photos from this season, take your bro over to LCC and get sendy!

Goin super radness off the first hit of the season! who knew a 40 footer into questionable snow was on the menu? anyway i managed to land it, which is shocking, because I never land stuff. The LZ is right beside the big rock below the other, bigger rock.

Suckin the d

And following my "i never land anything statement. shit happened. Down to the skull in 3 places. Super fun stuff. totally landed it. had to tour for 3 hours to get back to the car, with a profusely bleeding head wound, and bunged up arm...
    Last edited by mawahari; 01-07-2013 at 10:43 PM.

So I decided to hire a photographer this year. I went straight to the big boys. The names you see in all the magazines. I fired off some emails. No takers. All too busy. I knew I had what it takes to make some great photos. I searched long and hard for the perfect photographer. I came across Todd Easterbrook on Craigslist in Whistler. $200 for a 4 hour session. I was exited. It had always been a dream of mine to get some professional footage. We set out in search of the goods and we found them. I put on my kneepads and a mouth guard in case I was to get a chin to the face. And then I put on my Smith helmet and Smith goggles. Love your gear. And then it was 3 2 1 dropping. Just like you see on a TGR film. I was a superstar that day. Todd was awesome! We fed off each others energy and went bigger and bigger every jump. The photo session was awesome! So much fun. Here is one of the pics we got. - Luke Aalgaard | View Entry Page

Hey, thanks for choosing my KIR photo! Even though I am already stoked to be in the finals, here is a nice photo I took of Smith rider, RugbyDave, going as big as you can without a chute on Sunbowl at Whistler.

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

It was my first day up this season and I stood stupidly at the top of the cliff, legs shaking. As I waited for my friend to get set up with his camera at the bottom, treacherous thoughts started to pop into my mind. I shook my head and cleared them out. Shouts of encouragement came from the chair, like “huck it bro” and “go for it”. After what seemed like eternity, the go-ahead finally came from the cameraman. I took a deep breath, and then pointed it off the edge. The next part came at me in 3 stages. The first was the moment of free-fall. All I could hear was the air whipping by me and a distant cheer from the lift. Next came the shock of landing, as my knees shot up with the impact and snow exploded into my face from the powder landing. Finally, the realization that I was still on my feet hit me. I breathed a sigh of relief, and skied off feeling very accomplished. | View Entry Page

The captain has turned on the fasten seat belt sign and we would like to ask you to please remain seated during our final approach into the hot tub. Thanks for flying Baker Airlines, we hope you have enjoyed your flight.

Showing off with a little grab at Big Sky. | View Entry Page

Those days where it's so deep that you can send it off of anything and not worry what the landing is like. This may be the first cliff I dropped where I came to dead stop on landing even though I stomped it due to the amount of snow in the landing. | View Entry Page

Nice shots for this round. Keep them coming! The good snow this season has motivated me to work on a few hits so here are some pics of me from Idaho to share

sending it in the woods--photo by Tim Carter

Name:	burnhuck.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	512.1 KB 
ID:	130322
    didnt have a camera on this one, but this selfie will have to do

Name:	sendy.JPG 
Views:	93 
Size:	137.4 KB 
ID:	130323

Just another day boosting in the boat on some fatty gnar pow lines. | View Entry Page