Opus Mounting Help

My buddy just hooked me up with a pair of Opus' but they're one of the prototypes with the Bacon top sheet. That being said, I'm thinking that the recommended mid sole line on them is not where it actually should be because of the different topsheet. I was hoping that someone could tell me the measurements from the tip or the tail for the actual recommended mount. That would be a huge help.

Cheers

What length?
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

They're 185

Recommended line is -2 from true center. Lots of guys pulled it back for a slightly more traditional mount - mine are -2 from the line and im super stoked on them there.
    No, the real point is, I don't give a damn
    - Carl

My 192s are mounted at +1 from the line, but I like alot of switch shit.
    Jak and Jil skinned up the hill to rip some epic lines...
    Jak cruised down throwing a huge mute 3...
    Followed by Jil with a 9.

Dammit, stop telling people to mount jibby pow skis behind the line. If you can't handle medium rare, don't order a New York steak. If you can't handle being centered on a ski, don't buy the Opus.

Quote Originally Posted by good4nothing View Post
    Recommended line is -2 from true center. Lots of guys pulled it back for a slightly more traditional mount - mine are -2 from the line and im super stoked on them there.
    This is good to know, I might be forced to mount mine at about -2. stupid used skis.

Dammit, stop telling people to mount jibby pow skis behind the line. If you can't handle medium rare, don't order a New York steak. If you can't handle being centered on a ski, don't buy the Opus.
    I get your point.

But still, IMHO 2 centimeters here and there is just "fine tuning" depending on your style/biomechanics etc.
    I remember Line saying that it is totally fine to mount -1cm or -2cm from the recommended "if you ski more traditionally".

I have the 185s and being 6' tall, I feel I could benefit slightly from moving the binding -2 cm from the recommended (or sack up and buying the 192s )

Anyway, I had the Armada JJs and also IMHO their factory mount (-5cm from the center) is pretty perfect for this kind of ski. I'd say that you are pretty safe even if you are forced to mount -2cm from the recommended mark.

PS. Super fun skis anyway if you like soft and playful (pow) skis that still work pretty well in (soft) groomers and park too.
    "Average summit heights are around 1000m to 1200m but on the high glaciers of the main Lyngen Peninsula there are summits over 1400m with Jiehkkevarri being the highest at 1834m above sea level."

Quote Originally Posted by Jiehkevarri View Post
    But still, IMHO 2 centimeters here and there is just "fine tuning" depending on your style/biomechanics etc.
    I remember Line saying that it is totally fine to mount -1cm or -2cm from the recommended "if you ski more traditionally".

Totally agree.

Another factor that might affect where you mount is the ramp angle of your bindings, with less ramp favouring a more centre-mounted location.
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season