Thread: COD Black Ops2

COD Black Ops2

Awesome game. Amazing.

Graphics, gameplay, guns, physics, story, etc.. Multiplayer. Zombies! so fun

Instantly in the discussion for greatest FPS ever, definitely the best call of duty. waay better than MOH Warfighter. Get this game!

Fucking awesome, the sniper rifle with charged rounds is bad ass.

I've been playing non-stop, haven't slept in 4 days.

Yeah, the guns are awesome, right?!? How about the thermal scopes? Or the "target finder" scope???

The parachute wing suit was siick.. So were the "strike force" missions..

Or how about the addition of "player choice and consequence"?!? Moments and devices that would otherwise seem irrelevant -- like whether you find all of the intel in a level or choose to shoot someone -- can come back to haunt you, hurt you or help you. Failing objectives might result in new or more challenging missions rather than a restart screen..
    awesome. Replay value = high

Oh, and did I mention the Zombie mode?!?

it's new and fun, but def not perfect. is it the best? it's certainly too full of bugs at the moment. the campaign was pretty cool but i switched to multiplayer about halfway though and haven't gone back yet. i couldn't care less about the zombies, which is a bit sad because i'm a huge zombie movie fan. its just not as fun playing against bots than real people.

the good things:

-i like the class setups. it's nice to be able to opt out of a second weapon since i hardly ever use it.
    -adding a second perk in lieu of another piece of equipment is cool.
    -new guns are excellent. the SMGs are now on par with the ARs. the MSMC is my go-to. second is the AN94 AR.
    -new scopes are cool. target finder is excellent. mms is cool on certain maps.
    -engineer + black hat is a lot of fun. adds a different dimension. i love hearing a betty go off to kill it's owner.
    -scorestreak perks are badass now, lots of variety and fun to use.

the bad things:

-LAG in the multiplayer. it's just terrible at times. and i have seen more "migrating hosts" and server disconnects in the last week than i did in all the previous versions of the games combined. but at least i'm on xbox and not PS3 or PC (both worse).
    -new game design makes it more "run and gun" oriented which sucks most of the time. less strategic, more chaotic.
    -the maps seem poorly designed. most are too small and/or cluttered and too many corners. not a fan of carrier, hijack, or turbine so far. yemen, transit, and drone are pretty cool though.
    -i don't get the excitement about nuketown 2025 but it sucks that it's not in the normal rotation of maps but on its own instead. and then they tried to take it away after the weekend screwing the preorder folks.
    -there's not enough tokens to unlock everything unless you prestige 10 times! i'm not a big fan of prestige. too much work for a video game.
    -spawning locations are rediculous. it sucks to have an enemy spawn behind your back. i had one guy spawn right in front of my face. of course it was so close up that i couldnt see if his gamertag was green or red so he got the drop on me and killed me.
    Last edited by Ripzalot; 11-27-2012 at 09:32 AM.

fyi lots of discussion here about the lag issues but also lots of good tips and tricks.

http://www.reddit.com/r/blackops2/

I guess i'm going to play halo4 until they get this fixed...

dan_j_finn on ps3 if anyone wants to play.

The original modern warfare was the best. This is better than the latest offerings though....

sent from the future using my mind powers
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

i played halo4 for the last week. completed the campaign and played a bit of the multiplayer. absolutely no lag at all in the multiplayer. got back on BO2 last night. half my session was horrid lag, K/D each game around 5/27. lots of frame stuttering, just awful. quit, came back an hour later and i must have been on the benefiting side of the lag coz my K/D flipped to more like 27/5. not a single frame stutter. 4 bars all night so not my internet connection. i hope they get this sorted out soon.

do any of you guys have these lag issues?