Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    ....grrrrrrr.......
    So, like, um, er, I thought kidwoo wrote a decent review based on his personal experience? I thought it was a pretty good review because he talked about how surprised he was that 29ers didn't really suck like he had predicted. Then I thought he did a pretty good job of saying that some folks will prefer 29ers and some will prefer 26ers and that he personally thinks he'll stick with a 26er for now because they suit his abilities and style. Then there was something about his personal preference in tires.

SHUT THE FUCK UP
    You do nothing but rant about how people can't ride and that's why bike companies make products that people actually want to buy.

Seriously, shut the fuck up if you're not going to make a tire, or a frame or whatever, since obviously you're too core for the products everyone else uses.

Otherwise, fucking kill yourself.

I'll see you at the opening party of the kidwoo rubber corporation of taiwan.

God, I'm in a bad mood today. And it's from dealing with condescending douches, like you.
    this is why I come across as an asshole all the time, because I fucking hate people and I'm tire of wearing my mask for all of them. But that's my problem, I guess.

Man, if only they'd make skis skinnier again, and stopped making avy transievers so we all had to go back to shit and use those cords. That would keep the gapers out! That would be skiing!

You fucking dipshit.

Sent from my cell phone. no, a cell phone.
    No longer stuck.

Just an uneducated guess.

My life sucks.
    No matter where you go, there you are.

Woah dude.

SHUT THE FUCK UP
    You do nothing but rant about how people can't ride and that's why bike companies make products that people actually want to buy.

^^ suicide - please try it

SHUT THE FUCK UP

Seriously, shut the fuck up if you're not going to make a tire, or a frame or whatever, since obviously you're too core for the products everyone else uses.

Otherwise, fucking kill yourself.

I'll see you at the opening party of the kidwoo rubber corporation of taiwan.

God, I'm in a bad mood today. And it's from dealing with condescending douches, like you.
    this is why I come across as an asshole all the time, because I fucking hate people and I'm tire of wearing my mask for all of them. But that's my problem, I guess.

Man, if only they'd make skis skinnier again, and stopped making avy transievers so we all had to go back to shit and use those cords. That would keep the gapers out! That would be skiing!

You fucking dipshit.

Sent from my cell phone. no, a cell phone.
    Off The Deep End Post Preservation Service

Quote Originally Posted by tellybele View Post
    Sometimes it could be helpful to know a riders prefs prior to reading a review eh?!!
    2nd paragraph in the review

http://reviews.mtbr.com/author/kevin-bazar

I am the proto-typical downhiller/dirtjumper type who’s always talking smack about 29ers and the people who ride them so I agreed to the novelty. There were only two or three bikes being made that I’d even consider bothering with based on geometry numbers, and Transition’s Bandit 29er was one of them (Kona Satori and Specialized Stumpy EVO the others). Put simply, for me to plop my butt on ANY road bike misplaced in the woods it was going to have to have a bottom bracket lower than the axles and a short rear end.
    Quote Originally Posted by tellybele View Post
    If Turner DW'd a <17" - 5" two9er, I'd rob a bank! Oh, don't know if yer into hardtails, but the Yelli feels planted hella and at the same time is ready to get all boosty off a lip or rock to clear an obstacle or bone-it-out when ascending, descending or traversing...I know it's a plug but you oughtsta giv'er !

I'm not going to lie.....my interest in riding hardtails in the woods ended long ago. My bones just rattle too much here. Sun Valley on the otherhand....I'd be happy to try one there. I want joetron's bouncy wouncy rubber beast first though.

http://blistergearreview.com/gear-re...-surly-krampus
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

You are saying that people who don't freeride and anyone who wants a 29er sucks.
    what he is saying is that if your tires prevent you from cornering properly, you never will be able to...

you ever slide downhill on a ski with no edges? you can slide around fine, but you certainly can't carve a clean turn...
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

Quote Originally Posted by marshalolson View Post
    what he is saying is that if your tires prevent you from cornering properly, you never will be able to...

you ever slide downhill on a ski with no edges? you can slide around fine, but you certainly can't carve a clean turn...
    Stop talking over linkin park!

I was just about to get the part where I cry! Now I have to put my mask back on.

imma get stabbed aren't I?
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Oh, I remember reading that now...duh!

SunValley on the Prairie/MinorLake lollipop or TrailCkPass is sweet shitaqua on the yelli or any rig!

The Krampus eh? Nice frame/build(creative thoughts) but fuk it appears you would need hulkish legs to get'r on that rig? <- Hit it and write about it.

fuck this is some good lunch time reading for a laugh.

stuckatbutthurtmtn really has no clue.

Oh and the fat ski analogy isn't really right. Sure some uber fat long stiff ski will allow a gaper to straight line something, but if they can't turn then it's kinda useless on the rest of the mountain. Way too many variables in skis to say fat = 29 and skinny = 26.

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    Stop talking over linkin park!

I was just about to get the part where I cry! Now I have to put my mask back on.

imma get stabbed aren't I?
    No, I'm not gonna stab you, I want you to stop being so butthurt over how good you are.
    I know no one else wants to say anything bad about the great fucking kidwoo, but he really comes across as a twat who is too core for the products companies make, but has yet to make his own. Oh, I guess you had the guy from praxxis make something for you, so you could stfu about how skis don't work for you, when are you gonna do the same for a fucking tire?
    Come one, the overhead can't be that big on bike parts since everyone makes them (and yet somehow, so few are worthy of your presence).

fuck you you fucking twats.
    No longer stuck.

No, I'm not gonna stab you, I want you to stop being so butthurt over how good you are.
    I know no one else wants to say anything bad about the great fucking kidwoo, but he really comes across as a twat who is too core for the products companies make, but has yet to make his own. Oh, I guess you had the guy from praxxis make something for you, so you could stfu about how skis don't work for you, when are you gonna do the same for a fucking tire?
    Come one, the overhead can't be that big on bike parts since everyone makes them (and yet somehow, so few are worthy of your presence).

fuck you you fucking twats.

You still don't get it.

Ardents fucking suck in any size. You've proven in your postings you know sweet fuck all about tires and you are too thick headed to actually learn from what others have posted.

By the way Woo has written some novels over on RideMonkey on the science of tires, pretty sure he's offered to design them for anyone willing manufacture them.

wah...
    Another vote that you should shut the fuck up. You are the only douche/dipshit in this thread.

You don't have a clue and you might as well come to terms with that fact.

Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post

Ardents fucking suck in any size.
    Ardents are above average in rolling fairly smooth non-technical trails which is what a large percentage of people ride. When pushed hard (especially in the wet) is when they show limitations. Woo's a bit of an Ardent hater and Minion fanboy for sure; but better to have a reviewer have a strongly held opinion rather than wishy-washy

I know that I don't bitch and whine in every post about how gear just isn't good enough for me because it's made for most people
    Eat a fucking dick. You guys that eat it up are even worse. You buy what your ehero recommends because it's the best most expensive shit that's usually some carbon fiber and rounded edges with a huge profit margin. And that makes my life more difficult and expensive. Go fucking corner in front of a bus, since you're all too great for us mere mortals on planet earth.

Stop bitching and start designing something better.

Or fucking stop your snobby twatitude.

Oh, right, I guess I'm dumb for still having my feet on the fucking ground.

Wah side knobs.
    wah wah wah.

go design better shit, or stop being a twat.

I'm gonna post that for every post I see some dickhead nitpicking at shit he doesn't like because he's too fucking extremem and he posts on ridemonkey, or whatever is you think is a qualification for bike god.

Did we ever decide on a term for trolling a troll?
    No longer stuck.

I know no one else wants to say anything bad about the great fucking kidwoo,
    I AM pretty great aren't I?

What's the mask you wear made of? Is it emotions of false pretenses or just some paper mache'?

Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    By the way Woo has written some novels over on RideMonkey on the science of tires, pretty sure he's offered to design them for anyone willing manufacture them.
    I don't really need to make tires to be honest, plenty exist that work.....at least in 26ers and soon 29ers. But marshal looked into it a while back. It was on the order of tens of thousands of dollars or something crazy to do a prototype mold and initial run. There are lots of crappy treads but there are enough decent ones to not have to worry about it that much. But it's not even the same universe as getting a buddy to do some runs of a ski if he knows there's some interest in it.

I AM pretty great aren't I?
    Isn't writing reviews exciting? You get such awesome informed intelligent feedback. Whether its Pinkbike, NSMB, MTBR or TGR I am always flabbergasted by the collective intelligence of the audience!

It definitely reminds me of why I will never, ever, in a million years enter the bike industry where my livelihood depends on selling things to the public. Crazy respect for the knowledgeable who do.

I got people wishing for my death now. Can you imagine if I really did have any percieved expertise? It's like being tony ellsworth and I didn't even take anybody's money.

Mostly false pretense. Just like everyone else.

Don't get me wrong, you're probably a nice guy, and obviously very smart. But some people are so fucking nitpicky and everyone else into the "I'm so core" pissing match eats it up. I love how that also drives up the price of everything, so we can pay more for less (I'm looking at you, Apple, DPS, and pretty much every bike product, and all your legions)

You have yet to do anything to make it better, or somehow up to your standards.
    None of your reviews for skis are bitchy and full of the same thing, and then you went and helped design a ski. I don't understand the disconnect.
    Maybe I'm just tired of watching it not snow while the lifts don't spin and eating a lot of ramen noodles.

Normally, this is when Greg from Alpinezone would invite someone to his forum, but he knows how I feel about him, too.
    No longer stuck.

Well I for one enjoyed the review, and am glad to hear about tires and frame geometry from someone with actual experience and not just an internet expert. So thanks kidwoo.
    Last edited by jamal; 11-13-2012 at 05:52 PM.

It definitely reminds me of why I will never, ever, in a million years enter the bike industry where my livelihood depends on selling things to the public. Crazy respect for the knowledgeable who do.

I got people wishing for my death now. Can you imagine if I really did have any percieved expertise? It's like being tony ellsworth and I didn't even take anybody's money.
    I wish my writing inspired death threats. You have talent.

"High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    I wish my writing inspired death threats. You have talent.

Pure gold Lee.
    "The idea wasnt for me, that I would be the only one that would ever do this. My idea was that everybody should be doing this. At the time nobody was, but this was something thats too much fun to pass up." -Briggs
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Wear your climbing harness. Attach a big anodized locker to your belay loop so its in prime position to hit your nuts. Double russian Ti icescrews on your side loops positioned for maximal anal rape when you sit down. Then everyone will know your radness
    More stoke, less shit.