Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    hell yeah. edited footage today of a deeeep blower backcountry day off coal bank pass the last big storm. Makes me want another all the more badly.

Another big day in tride. 2 to 4 feet have fallen in the past 48 hours. Super low density snow. I will try to take pics if i can tour before work.

Skied in Ophir last week; butter in the shade. And as aforementioned it has dumped. Huge. All reports lean towards last Friday being the best day of skiing in Telluride in perhaps a decade. More to come

Anybody been up to Commodore lately? I have been going over to Wolf Creek Pass for most of my bc turns this year, so most of the info I have on the Red Mt. Pass area is from the avi reports, which doesn't make it sound very attractive. Just looking for some recent first-hand beta on snow and avi conditions on the Ouray side of the Pass. Thanks.
    Gravity Junkie

Its been super good. Been staying on safer slopes though people have been pushing the boundaries with little action. San Bernardo(starts behind my house) did slide natural two nights ago. Its the secound time the slope has slid almost full track this year(2000 vert, 40 degrees on top, east face)

Visited Telluride the 21-26. Friday was chest deep on Liberty Bell and in spots your couldn't even move. One of the better ski days of my life. Sunday was nearly as good if you knew where to look. Hell Monday was even great. Locals were saying it was the best week long stretch in over 5-7 years. I normally have terrible luck on trips, this one I could not have been any luckier.

Quote Originally Posted by slobmonster View Post
    Skied in Ophir last week; butter in the shade. And as aforementioned it has dumped. Huge. All reports lean towards last Friday being the best day of skiing in Telluride in perhaps a decade. More to come

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo (3).JPG 
Views:	332 
Size:	123.0 KB 
ID:	134165Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo (2).JPG 
Views:	294 
Size:	104.3 KB 
ID:	134163Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.JPG 
Views:	6070 
Size:	116.4 KB 
ID:	134164I'm lucky enough to live at the base of one of the better ski runs around. Solo mission today. Good snow for the majority of the run.
    Last edited by deeppo; 03-06-2013 at 04:23 PM.

Yesterday was good at Wolfie

All I want is to be hardcore.

www.tonystreks.com

My current plan is to heads solo to Silverton from Telluride on Friday if anyone else is interested.

Also, I'll be skiing T-ride proper Thursday, Saturday through next Tuesday if anyone wants to take runs or grab some beers.

Looks like Spring has sprung but that's what I'm used to this season in Tahoe.

Casey

^ Yes, Wolf Creek was most excellent

Name:	E blower face shot.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	219.1 KB 
ID:	134515

Silverton was ripppppppping! on Sunday. Get some! Robb Roof is the man to get IMO.

http://distilleryimage4.s3.amazonaws...0a1fb715_7.jpgSending it from NorCal
    I love my family. Kids are the best.
    http://www.praxisskis.com

PS... Backcountry is in good shape off of red mountain pass area.

Sending it from NorCal

Quote Originally Posted by buildakicker View Post
    Silverton was ripppppppping! on Sunday. Get some! Robb Roof is the man to get IMO.

http://distilleryimage4.s3.amazonaws...0a1fb715_7.jpgSending it from NorCal
    Yes sir! I was there Sunday as well. Gotta give props to Mark for being the best guide on the mountain. He brought us to the goods all day!

Quote Originally Posted by hitek79 View Post

I was there Sat. It sure didn't suck.

Pole Mounted Cams

Quote Originally Posted by hitek79 View Post

"I used to live in a room full of mirrors, and all I could see was me. I took my spirit and smashed thoses mirrors, now the whole world is there for me to see." Jimi Hendrix
    Gravity Junkie

Here is a couple from a road trip this weekend... TR coming soon

I'm gonna be flying out from Boston in about a month for the splitfest. Looking forward to some snow, and sucking wind!

Northern San Juans have been going off. Huge lines are getting skied hard. Getting a little too warm but hopefully it will cool off again. Skied Spring Gulch yesterday and San Bernardo today.

Some footy from Horseshoe Bowl on Saturday, March 9th. Conditions were prime!!! I'll definitely be going back to Wolf Creek.

By the way, how is this thread not more popular?? The San Juans are unreal!! I know I got lucky with the conditions and everything, but shit, talk about some great mountains!

These are from about a month ago but here are a couple of videos from the San Juans. We came in at the tail end of the first storm that started the cycle that has hit the area over the past few weeks. I wish we had been two weeks later but it still was a lot of fun. I want to go back and hit these again when we can really ski them (i.e., not filming).

Here are Wolf Creek and Telluride:

Telluride

Quote Originally Posted by BP Pow View Post
    Some footy from Horseshoe Bowl on Saturday, March 9th. Conditions were prime!!! I'll definitely be going back to Wolf Creek.
    Great vid, Wolf Creek has some nice lines.

This is what the Horseshoe Bowl looks like from the top. The day I took this picture (Jan 12) it was 29 below zero in Pagosa Springs, I don't know how cold it was up on top of Wolf Creek, but I would guess about 15 below.

Name:	WolfCreek8-011213-Panasonic.jpg 
Views:	251 
Size:	381.6 KB 
ID:	134787
    Last edited by stradissimo; 03-15-2013 at 01:08 PM.

Some older stoke from my trip to the SW from Denver in late January - early febraury. I was waiting for an opportunity to post my juan jongish travels on the nyskiblog and never got around to doing anything with the photos. May Ullr have mercy.

Quickie TR and a bump:

Waking up in the Denver burbs... excited to see sunrise:

went to Monarch, loved it:

Posted this up on Harvey's blog, this is Shavano, right? I want to climb it one day.

Telluride got tons of snow while I was there, but there wasn't that much terrain open or opportunity to shoot. I did treat my GF to a killer lunch that bought me points....

and there was good pow, I found some severely neglected trees near this:

Anyway, so I accrued enough points to ditch her and go to Silverton which was tits on tits.

Drove to Durango and skied with Alpinord. Good times.

GF kind of killing it on all of a sudden.

Not sure if photobucket and the tiny picture will show it, but i wish i arrived at every place to see dudes shoveling rooftops:

Just a killer scenic mellow day:

Kind of wished I was at Silverton, haha

more silverton

and more

you can't get at a bad shot at silverton!

Headed over to Monarch on the way to Denver:

had to ride this thing once:

Salida was pretty fun:

So was this lift line:

The trip was amazing, thanks to the mags that helped me out along the way. Just so you guys know, I am now shredding the gnar at the local almost Nelsap in teh deepest powz:

Name:	IMG_2679.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	615.9 KB 
ID:	135090

Lots more words here:

http://mag.nyskiblog.com/The-San-Jua....html#a4023607

What a fucking special part of the country that area is. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread FOREVER and hope to get back sometime soon for sure.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Backcountry has been hammered by winds the past few days. High north face is still skiing good and I found some nice powder in norther facing trees today. Hopefully we get a little refresh tonight.

WOW MAN! You got the GOOOOOOODS at Silverton. That place is super fun.