Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    After a couple bummer weeks of dust laden winds, we had low expectations and high reward for the 1st day of unguided at Silverton Mtn. 12 inches of freshies over a dust layer on a moderately firm base. Kudos to the crew at Silverton Mtn. At key points, there was someone posted to give directions and hints on where to go for the goods. Great day and vibe. They'll need another decent storm (a small one is due) to cover the tracked out, transformed snow and the temps should stay cooler.

Name:  IMG_0970.jpg
Views: 2320
Size:  401.1 KB

............................................ Storm Peak ............................................ Cabin

Name:  IMG_0980.jpg
Views: 1638
Size:  264.9 KB

Name:  IMG_0985.jpg
Views: 1666
Size:  306.9 KB

Rope Dee Dope from #4.
    Last edited by Alpinord; 04-05-2014 at 11:45 AM.
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

Looks fun. Such good terrain.

I love that a guy from California has to bump up this thread every year

Photo report:

http://snowbrains.com/turning-base-telluride/
    Last edited by skier666; 01-26-2015 at 12:28 AM.

^^^^^^
    We were there the 16th on thinner snow. Looks like you hit it with a little improvement. The kid's ripping.

Where's the billboard?

Last edited by Alpinord; 01-27-2015 at 06:20 PM.
    Best regards, Terry

SlideWright.com

nice, took me a minute.

Hows coverage, this weekend looks promising
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Heinz 57: 0 to 50", wind/sun crust sugary facets and wind blown loose snow over firm slabs. A friend said he was wallowing in waste deep faceted snow in the trees while skinning. I found similar NW facing.

Click here for CAIC reports.

Word from Telluride a couple days ago before the higher temps was that the northern runs were holding up well.

Last edited by Alpinord; 01-28-2015 at 05:12 PM.
    Best regards, Terry

SlideWright.com

Well after 2 months it finally snowed.

One of my deepest days ever yesterday. It was straight up blizzard of ahhs pow segment out there. Full on snow into thighs and roosting up into chest and around head multiple turn continuous faceshots. Gold hill spun super late for all the diehards still out there. Should set up telluride for some great skiing for awhile now.
    ...tricks deserve applause, style deserves respect

Yeah baby! Untracked dolphin skiing down Dynamo was the topper to the day. With the power outage and delay on opening 9, then surprise Gold Hill opening made for a 'triple' powder day.

Then yesterday's few inches on top with clear blue skies made for more freshies fun.
    Best regards, Terry

SlideWright.com

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinord View Post
    Yeah baby! Untracked dolphin skiing down Dynamo was the topper to the day. With the power outage and delay on opening 9, then surprise Gold Hill opening made for a 'triple' powder day.

Then yesterday's few inches on top with clear blue skies made for more freshies fun.
    Every dog has his day, but it sounds like yours way pretty sweet. Glad to hear the San Juan crew is finally getting the goods. Looks like more on the way this weekend.
    Gravity Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Mudfoot View Post
    Every dog has his day, but it sounds like yours way pretty sweet. Glad to hear the San Juan crew is finally getting the goods. Looks like more on the way this weekend.
    On a side note, Hillcrest went from golf to nordic.
    Best regards, Terry

SlideWright.com

ARGHHHH! I missed this storm by a day. A full week in T-ride (which wasn't that bad actually) and a day at Silverton = a great week. I'll throw up some pics even though they seemed redundant after 30 inches.

Super deep out there. 36 at my house at 9800 feet. Super touchy snow pack. Remotely set of a slide on a 30 degree slope that ran 1000 vert with 6 foot crown. Have fun and be safe

Got 2 completely untracked runs down the la Rosa/andy's gold trees right when gold hill opened monday. Those runs will be burned in my brain for a long long while.

I spent most of the day pillaging my 'stashes' since I'm Leaving today for a very poorly timed family vacation and all I wanted to ski was over the head pow! I'll be in florida til Sunday so it's guaranteed to be epic while I'm gone. Should be a nice mid season break however, Still 10+ weeks of skiing left!

Definitely down with skiing with some t.ride mags if there are some out there.

If anyone with a plane would be willing to take from from OAK or SFO to MTJ, soon, I would be forever in their debt. As a past Telluride resident I have been watching your snowpack, talking to sad and bored friends the last month or so, and kaboom! You got it, and you're getting more soon! Have fun out there kiddos.

Thinking of heading down either Fri/Sat/Sun then leave Sun/Mon/Tues/Wed ... anyone either in SLC interested or someone into touring around Red Mountain Pass/Silverton/Telluride? Don't know the area too well
    If you can't dig it, you ain't got no shovel

Quote Originally Posted by rip View Post
    Got 2 completely untracked runs down the la Rosa/andy's gold trees right when gold hill opened monday. Those runs will be burned in my brain for a long long while.
    Nice man. Andy's gold trees are so fun. Damn I miss skiing tride.

Here's my video and report from Telluride last week....right before they got 4 feet of pow pow

http://snowbrains.com/fishing-fabulous-telluride/

I'll have another from Silverton up later today...

Like that song buddy! Your footage is like a comp run. Going hard onto hardpack. You're such a shredder 666!
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

Silverton report from last week BEFORE THE STORM....gutted but I still had a great day.

http://snowbrains.com/helicoptering-...rton-mountain/

Rowdy weekend at Wolf. Blower on Saturday, velvety-goodness on Sunday. The people were going nuts, it was great to see!

Damn nice vids Mr devil skier. Back in town but working day shifts til Wednesday. Warm windy storm coming in on top of 40in new snow on top of rotten sugar... careful out there everybody!

And... for all your t.ride pow skiing needs. ..

Heads up and be safe out there. I am hearing stories of things sliding big, and have seen the small and unexpected sliding.

Incoming: Landing Silverton Thursday night to ski that 100 inches that's fallen in the last 2 weeks through the rest of the weekend.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Holy thread bump...

Manged to slide on some snow on July 21st & July 23rd, 2015 on Imogene Pass (Savage Basin) and Silver Mountain respectively. There's some decent snow still on Imogene Pass and decent long patches heading on the Ouray side of the pass. Silver Mountain was decent for some morning exercise.

Imogene Pass...

Savage Basin...

Silver Mountain...

End of July turns...