GoPro interefence with beacons in search mode...watch this

thanks for posting. I wouldn't necessarily think about the gopro interfering but it makes sense

thanks for posting! i just tried this with my tracker, and didnt get any interference. maybe its just with new newer tracker 2. i have the original model.

That only shows that it will pick up a signal form the go pro. Neither beacon had a signal from a transmitting beacon. I wonder if the go pro would make any different if your beacon is search is already picking up the signal from a transmitting beacon fairly strongly.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Anything that emits an electromagnetic field can interfere with a beacon - cell phone, iPod, GPS, headlamp, video camera, radio.

The Ortovox and Pieps manuals say to keep the beacon and other electronic device at least 50 cm apart. Surprise! - that's the distance where this guy picked up the interference from the GoPro.