Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

EC Mags: Weekend beta?

Ok, so I don't think it will snow monday [/antijinx]. But if it did, does anybody know what the predicted track is? (ie, who's gonna get it and when?)

Options on monday are limited due to it being president's day weekend. Was thinking Burke Mountain. Anyone interested? It's a pretty decent place. Some good trees, with some cliffs in there and good northern vermont snow.

Also got thinking about Jay though. With a significant portion of their business coming from north of the border, will it be a madhouse there on monday, or might the crowds be reasonable?

Planning on saddleback on saturday if anyone is interested.

jay gets worked.

burke is cool.

i don't have monday off.

so, thats all.

whats the run down for this sat/sun? Jay? Burke sounds good...

What about MRG/Bush?

I assume even MRG will be a zoo on saturday and sunday, no?

The bush isnt much of a zoo over xmas if you stay in the woods, and the same goes for MRG...mostly a zoo at the bottom.

Ice climbing anyone?

I'll be in tremblant which will most likely be a zoo, but does anyone have some tips for avoiding the crowds?

Quote Originally Posted by Showtime06
    I'll be in tremblant which will most likely be a zoo, but does anyone have some tips for avoiding the crowds?
    Le Edge or Soliel(sp) chair.

B)

Quote Originally Posted by shmerham
    Ok, so I don't think it will snow monday [/antijinx]. But if it did, does anybody know what the predicted track is? (ie, who's gonna get it and when?)

Options on monday are limited due to it being president's day weekend. Was thinking Burke Mountain. Anyone interested? It's a pretty decent place. Some good trees, with some cliffs in there and good northern vermont snow.

Also got thinking about Jay though. With a significant portion of their business coming from north of the border, will it be a madhouse there on monday, or might the crowds be reasonable?

Planning on saddleback on saturday if anyone is interested.
    Jays is the better bet for Prez weekend. I'd be up there, but sister needs help moving. Why do family members plan stuff during the season??? I missed a family wedding while at the summit

B)

Quote Originally Posted by Showtime06
    while he's rather intense politically, TJ Brk can steer you to the good spots on the mountain. The man knows tremblant. I'm not skiing this weekend, as my back has been saying no all week.

I was thinking about hitting MRG/Bush either Sunday or Monday
    For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found, elseways everyone would know where it was

Many BC options for Sat. Still not sure where to go - and I'm open for many suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn Man
    Jays is the better bet for Prez weekend.
    Jay gets fucking whacked on President's Day weekend- unless it's ass cold, and maybe even if it is, you will spend some serious time in lift lines. Having been there the last 4 President's Day weekends, I'm staying away this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by JMO
    Many BC options for Sat. Still not sure where to go - and I'm open for many suggestions.

What are you thinking that wont have a nice rain crust over everything?

Quote Originally Posted by CantDog
    What are you thinking that wont have a nice rain crust over everything?
    In addition to new snow we expect ARCTIC CONDITIONS FOR THE WEEKEND! YOU SHOULD BE COMPLETELY PREPARED WITH ARCTIC WEATHER MOUNTAINEERING CLOTHING AND EQUIPMENT. TEMPERATURES SHOULD GO TO -26C TO -28C (-15F TO -18F) TONIGHT WITH INCREASING WINDS TO 65-80KPH (40-50MPH). TEMPERATURES SHOULD REBOUND AND CRAWL UP TO -20C (-5F)DURING SATURDAY AFTERNOON.

i'm gonna bring some of those big heater-fans like they use in NFL games in green bay in december and tow it behind me.

I'll be in southern VT and might take a ride up north for better conditions.

I have a feeling it will be cold, sunny and crowded this weekend everywhere in VT but at least we're skiing.

See you all at the summit in a few

elevens
    why make ten turns when you only need to make NONE!

bizzumpity
    For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found, elseways everyone would know where it was

I'll be in northern VT this weekend. Might hit Jay if I can talk my brother into it, but he's got friends up and might want to be social with them. It should be bitter cold though, that might scare off some of our friends to the north. Might also break out the skate skis and re-discover what single digit air feels like in gasping lungs.

Could go ice climbing, but I've got no partner. I leave the city (and all computer contact) in about 4 hours, if anyone is interested PM me.
    My dog did not bite your dog, your dog bit first, and I don't have a dog.

I just did Gore today without many expectations, and didn't get much. It looked a lot better than it was. The rain this week did it's work. Kinda tired of saying this, but the base is great in the trees - just need a little snow.
    The mommys and kiddies are showing up - it's Prez week time.

Plans keep changing. Looks like it was a good day for some places today. 10" at Jay, 7" at Sugarbush, and Cannon got 9" at the bottom and 13 to 14 at the top!!

Kinda thinking Cannon tommorow due to its proximity, but a little weary of a) the crowds and b) snowcover

The glades are still closed. No idea if they'd be skiable, what kind of shape mittersill is in, etc.

Also not sure what saddleback got since they're not answering their phones and they don't update their website.

im going to be at stowe sat/sun w/ girlfriend if anyones around!

Quote Originally Posted by shmerham
    Plans keep changing. Looks like it was a good day for some places today. 10" at Jay, 7" at Sugarbush, and Cannon got 9" at the bottom and 13 to 14 at the top!!

Kinda thinking Cannon tommorow due to its proximity, but a little weary of a) the crowds and b) snowcover

The glades are still closed. No idea if they'd be skiable, what kind of shape mittersill is in, etc.

Also not sure what saddleback got since they're not answering their phones and they don't update their website.
    saddleback was DEEP last weekend. If the rain didn't hit ME too hard, it'll still be there in a big way. No one was there to track it up.

All right, I'll be at Burke solo tomorrow. Probably will be crowded, but hopefully with families who all stay on the trails. We'll see.
    - Yellow tele boots
    - Custom paint job (green/white) explosives
    My dog did not bite your dog, your dog bit first, and I don't have a dog.

Quote Originally Posted by mildbill.
    In addition to new snow we expect ARCTIC CONDITIONS FOR THE WEEKEND! YOU SHOULD BE COMPLETELY PREPARED WITH ARCTIC WEATHER MOUNTAINEERING CLOTHING AND EQUIPMENT. TEMPERATURES SHOULD GO TO -26C TO -28C (-15F TO -18F) TONIGHT WITH INCREASING WINDS TO 65-80KPH (40-50MPH). TEMPERATURES SHOULD REBOUND AND CRAWL UP TO -20C (-5F)DURING SATURDAY AFTERNOON.

i'm gonna bring some of those big heater-fans like they use in NFL games in green bay in december and tow it behind me.
    I've clearly been working too much and not paying attention to the weather reports. Thanks for the tip.

WDYT

Monday touring Pressies? Could be good. Have a place to stay on sunday and location in mind. Will need a buddy (ies). Drop me a PM.

Looks like a 50/50. I think we will need about 6in to cover the crust.

edit: Leaving from Boston
    Last edited by PhishingME; 02-19-2005 at 08:26 AM.

FYI, Cannon isn't in that great of shape. I'm calling bullshit on the 15" they reported since yesterday morning. Dust (albeit a decent amount) on crust (very crusty crust) in Mittersill. I Plakespeared a tree. Not too bad and nothing broken, more at 11.