Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by highanxiety View Post
    Nice work! Congrats, looks like you picked a great day to do it....
    I really need to hit Bloody one of these days.. How many hours did it take car to car?
    A little over 9 hours car to car, probably 7ish to the top. Pre-dawn start fer sure.

Nice pics.
    I'll be the hyena, you'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by UPGRAYEDD_2505 View Post
    A little over 9 hours car to car, probably 7ish to the top. Pre-dawn start fer sure.

Nice pics.
    Thanks for the beta Pres! We took advantage today ... And didn't see another group anywhere in sight, not even for miles and miles.

-5F when we started skinning, and it eventually warmed up to 0F in the shade. Ummm yeah, can you say, "overhead face shots from top to bottom?"

Frank Klammer is ready to die a happy man, I am ready to give up split boarding because I don't think it can get any better, and AKBruin gave up the weekend hall pass to see his kids tonight.

"Wow" pretty much says it all!

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Damn that sounds epic. Way to get it!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358092520.747574.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	70.8 KB 
ID:	130267

Driving to June Lake for touring and it is this cold outside. Brrrrrrrr.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    Thanks for the beta Pres! We took advantage today ... And didn't see another group anywhere in sight, not even for miles and miles.

-5F when we started skinning, and it eventually warmed up to 0F in the shade. Ummm yeah, can you say, "overhead face shots from top to bottom?"

Frank Klammer is ready to die a happy man, I am ready to give up split boarding because I don't think it can get any better, and AKBruin gave up the weekend hall pass to see his kids tonight.

"Wow" pretty much says it all!
    Well all right, way to go for it despite the cold.

I'm having a hard time leaving the house

Carson Peak today. Slayed.

Looking forward to piecing together a weekend TR, but in the meantime here is some stoke from today:

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358121547.181818.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	112.7 KB 
ID:	130290

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358121485.671801.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	93.2 KB 
ID:	130289

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Tick!

Looking forward to Schralph's fancy photos and FranzKlammer's insane POV.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	72242_10151167566181237_1509957362_n%u00252520%25281%2529.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	35.2 KB 
ID:	130412  

Quote Originally Posted by AKbruin View Post

Looking forward to Schralph's fancy photos and FranzKlammer's insane POV.
    ^This

Nice work guys! Think we saw your skin track going up above the Devils Slide into North Bowl of Carson, I've been itching to get up there... cant wait to see the pics.

That was us. The skinner was already in to the first bench, but whoever set it bailed from there. We set it from there all the way up through the north bowl. Pretty solid conditions ... lines on the skiers left of the bowl were definitely sun/wind affected and bottoming out on firm crust. Skier's right was very, very nice. Trees down to the road were RIDICULOUSLY good powder. The north bowl is basically slayed, and we didn't touch the Slide but someone we talked to at the TH is hitting it today. We left that cooly on the north spire untouched though (it did look a bit windfuct in there, but aesthetic little shot anyways).

Oh yeah, this is pretty obvious from the road, but Y Coolie on Bloody is looking very, very nice right now.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by AKbruin View Post
    Looking forward to Schralph's fancy photos
    Don't look too hard, it was too damn cold to use the camera most of the weekend, and all of our skiing was in shadows. If people want fancy photos then they have to slow down the pace for my frail ass!

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by potatoeskillme View Post
    Inyo Craters.
    Thanks for the tip, Sunday we missed the sign for the craters (it's set in from the plowed road about 30 yards) and started from the second turnout on the left. Followed some snowmobile tracks and found a really nice meadow about 1.5 miles in, had lunch with the dog. Was a short out-&-back, but gorgeous & very relaxing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rocky-snow.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	71.2 KB 
ID:	130465  

Anyone down for a day trip / tour this weekend? I'm driving a couple buddies up to Mammoth, and have a free lift ticket to ride with them in-bounds for one of the days, but for the other day while my friends wait in lift lines I'm looking to do a relatively short tour somewhere. Can be either sat or sun. Let me know if you don't mind me tagging along! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by potatoeskillme View Post
    Anyone down for a day trip / tour this weekend? I'm driving a couple buddies up to Mammoth, and have a free lift ticket to ride with them in-bounds for one of the days, but for the other day while my friends wait in lift lines I'm looking to do a relatively short tour somewhere. Can be either sat or sun. Let me know if you don't mind me tagging along! Thanks.
    There's a really nice friendly run with a short approach called Red Slate. Doing it solo is no biggy.

Haha nice try buddy!

Hey potatoes, don't listen to that jetlag guy - he's jerkin yer chain. It's a pretty straightforward short approach to skin Mammoth. Mammoth Peak. It's practically on the side of the road.

Hey Upgrayedd, did you snowboard out on the exit road from Bloody? After failing to skate shuffle the first flat/uphill sections from the gate, I said "f it" and split skied the longest, shittiest "skiing" of my entire life all the way back to Sherwin Road. Character building, to say the least. Probably the last time I snowboard that line in winter ... hopefully next time it's on real skis.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

^^^^^^your sounding all grown up talking about real skis. We are so proud of you.

Hey Upgrayedd, did you snowboard out on the exit road from Bloody? After failing to skate shuffle the first flat/uphill sections from the gate, I said "f it" and split skied the longest, shittiest "skiing" of my entire life all the way back to Sherwin Road. Character building, to say the least. Probably the last time I snowboard that line in winter ... hopefully next time it's on real skis.
    Ha ha. Sounds character building fer sure. We skinned from the bottom up and over to the road and snowboarded from their all the way back to the car, with a little poling, walking a few short bare sections, and scraping a few rocks. Was a pretty easy exit for us on that day, all things considered...p

6:45 to the top including breaks! It was so cold that it was my very first day of skinning during which I never took off my gloves.

I miss the Eastern Sierra ... but I'll be back in the spring.
    Ein Berg ohne Absturzgefahr ist nur noch Attrappe. (Reinhold Messner)

Another great day today..Expected high winds, but it was pretty calm.. Stoked to find some soft snow still.

PW7 having the time of his life.

Last edited by highanxiety; 01-15-2013 at 06:45 PM.

Awesome. Where exactly is this?

Quote Originally Posted by Franz Klammer View Post
    Awesome. Where exactly is this?

"In a perfect world I'd have all 10 fingers on my left hand, so I could just use my right hand for punching."

Awesome!

Did you guys only get the east gully or both the north and east gully?

The east gully was the *first* time for me where my ears were popping at the bottom of the run from dropping so much vert and gunning turns so fast down that face! Such a nice line. Love all the lines out of the lake ... Franz Klammer has yet to explore that area but we discussed the lines in detail while driving by on Sunday afternoon!

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Awesome!
    Did you guys only get the east gully or both the north and east gully?
    Just the East gully, we were so pumped from the EG descent that we decided to leave the NG for another time and go drink IPA’s!

Some shots from Dream Mountain today...

Highanxiety FKNA killing it.

Carnage!

Just loving life at this moment...
    "In a perfect world I'd have all 10 fingers on my left hand, so I could just use my right hand for punching."

Yep, now I know where that is! I skied many lines in the ES, but strangely enough this one still is missing.

You guys have been making me extremely jealous for months now.