Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

12/13 Eastside - Mammoth/June mountain stoke & conditions thread:

Conditions: dry & hot
    Stoke: high

Here’s to an average Eastern Sierra season - nothing more, nothing less...

Went poking around the mountain on Friday & Saturday, found some goods and had a blast in the sun.

Check it

Showcasing my GSA skills

When I saw this behind me in the skin track...I knew it was gonna be a good day.

Hoping for the best this winter...
    Last edited by PowerWhore7; 11-04-2012 at 09:34 AM.
    "In a perfect world I'd have all 10 fingers on my left hand, so I could just use my right hand for punching."

I headed up to Yost Meadow earlier this week to take a look at the Negatives and such, looks super fun and can’t wait for it to fill in. There is some talk of dumpage this week but we’ll talk about that when the time comes (anti-jinx)

Went over to June as well

Super zoomed shitty pic of Red Cone from a trip out to Horseshoe Lake this week
    "In a perfect world I'd have all 10 fingers on my left hand, so I could just use my right hand for punching."

niiice man. was wondering how things were looking in the 395

Nice dood, more pics of the hot wife next time

Sweet! Cant wait to get out there this season and wander around. Way to get some stoke going . Here is some to add from years past..

It’s better than nothing...

11-6-2012 2:27PM – A strong early season upper level low will drop southward over California on Opening Day for much colder weather, windy conditions, and some snowfall.

Unfortunately, the storm system is lacking a good moisture tap, so snowfall amounts won’t be too impressive. Nonetheless, snow will develop by the afternoon on Thursday as the cold front slide southward down the Sierra with more snow expected on Friday and into Friday night.

Friday is when the coldest air will move into Mammoth with temperatures getting into the single digits above McCoy with teens at the Main Lodge making excellent snow making conditions.

The snow will be the fluffy type on Friday and not the best for base snow as snow ratios should be greater than 12:1 with normal ratios in the 8-10:1 range for Thursday.

The cold weather continues through the weekend and more snow showers are expected on Saturday with dry conditions returning on Sunday and next Monday.

The next chance for snow appears to be around the middle part of next week, although any snowfall will probably be light with fair weather returning by the end of next week and into the following weekend.

Super long range models are then suggesting that a better chance for significant snowfall could occur during Thanksgiving week. Next update on Friday 11/9.

Snowfall forecast are for the Sesame snow course (Main Lodge) As reported in the 7 AM daily snow report for new snow.

Thu 11/8= 0″
    Fri 11/9 = 4-5″
    Sat 11/10 = 4-6″
    Sun 11/11 = 1-2″
    Mon 11/12 = 0″
    Tue 11/13 = 0″
    Wed 11/14 = 0″
    Thu 11/15 = 1-3″
    Fri – Sun -11/16 – 18 = 0″

November Forecast: 25-35″

WG
    http://mammothmountainweatherguy.com...wfall-outlook/

Seeing that snow is pulling me up there this weekend..

thank you all so much for the stoke and not the jinx as in previous threads. i'll be down in peru the next two weeks, extremely jealous of those of us who get to take advantage of what looks to be a nice little opening weekend storm. cheers
    "Snowboarding isn't a race, it's a disability" - Cheech Sander

Just beer yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/RichieCski

isn't june mountain closed for the season?
    steezin the west
    reppin New Hampshire
    killin Lake Tahoe

Quote Originally Posted by steezinEC View Post
    Yes but scheduled to reopen for the 2013/14 season

Here ya go

http://www.mammothtimes.com/content/...iche-marketing

And.....if you guys get it in January I will be there! Stoked to do some ski touring!

Nice shots PW7.

Here is hoping for 3 feet of wet slop to fill in the base.

With the resort being the way it is I will wait a couple of weeks. I am hoping to get a groomer day or two down here before I make the drive up.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

WOOT WOOT the 2012-2013 season is upon us, HA-ha. (it was better than working...)

A little gnar

Quote Originally Posted by steezinEC View Post
    They can’t close mountains, only lifts...

Quote Originally Posted by PowerWhore7 View Post

They can’t close mountains, only lifts...
    Well said, PW. Good to see you're getting some snow. Def better than working. Enjoy...

Day 2 did not disappoint and was DEFINITELY better than working...

Damn you and you non job skiing stoke
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Nice stoke PW

Today did not suck...

^ this! Was one of the first 8 to get cornice when the top popped. That was easily one of the best runs I've had on this mountain. Opening weekend, go figure! Stoked!

I'm now regretting not going up. Glad you guys are having fun though. Pack that stuff down as much as possible, and have fun doing it.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Great stoke. Living vicariously through calisnow
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Sick opening weekend by the looks of it. Planning a trip up for next weekend if conditions hold

Holy fuck, Skeeze and the Snowman just killing it. Nice work fellas...