Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Can't take it anymore, packing the truck up now and heading up

uh yeah....

Highanxiety got some of the best pictures I have ever seen today, hopefully he posts some. No pressure though...

Quote Originally Posted by ofset View Post
    Yea first post on TGR, lurker for almost a decade. now i just need my post count up so i can link pics!

Sick TR fellas!! see u this weekend!!!!

!!!!
    Right on ofset, but before you do anything - search jong... HA-ha
    "In a perfect world I'd have all 10 fingers on my left hand, so I could just use my right hand for punching."

Worst day ever!

oooohhhhhhgod

Wow, that really sucks, I feel sorry for you guys having to put. Up with that.

FKNA

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

FKNA IS RIGHT...YOU HAVE SOME SERIUOS TALENT HA.........sweet shots for sure really liked the first one with the big ass blocks of pow....cool shot ...jealous your out there ripping it up....maybe some thing brewin here for next week but we'll see .. enjoy and keeps the pics coming....THIS INCLUDES YOU POWERWHORE7
    always forward but never straight

I agree^^^ Both of you have some great skill at pics.
    Thankyou for posting stoke here.

Super fluffy looking for Mammoth! Nice!

PW7 & HA some of the best shots (photos and face) I've ever seen from there - great work!

Holy shit! I hate you all. No joke though, I quit my job (of 6 years) last week to shred for the next couple months. And I swear if the storm train stops after new years like it did last year, I'm moving to Canada.

How were things this weekend? Who made it up?

Looks like the forecast for Monday/Tuesday has been dialed back a bit. I'm still thinking of heading up Monday night to ski Tues/Wed, since I can't go next weekend.

Friday was perfect windbuff all day. Super windy and cold so i mainly kept to the relatively protected chair 22 and skied the Avi Chutes, which were amazing. Saturday looked great inbounds. I opted to hit the sherwins and found good powder still there, although it was certainly heavier than on Thursday. Today was pretty miserable, all the mid and upper lifts were pretty much closed, and everything out of main. Chair 12 was the best, with Starr Chutes having nice untracked snow

You had to work a little today, but with a little hiking great things could be had. The skate for two to one was fantastic. Nobody was in Gravy and baby gravy and they were sweet. The hike from ten to avi two was wind assisted, but it was sweet as well.

We were the last person off the chair before it closed, or we were the last people to walk up as it closed. A frustrating day to be sure, but still lots of fun. The snow is holding up well, and though there is little pow except in a few stashes here and there, there is some great wind buff and boot top blower all over Mammoth.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Got some fun turns on friday, found a few fresh stashes off 22. We were thinking about the Crest on Saturday but the trip got cut short due to a nice wipeout. Starting to think I should ski slower moving forward. Expect Mammoth to get tons of snow the next couple months, cheers.

^^^^You ok?
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Monday was a storm day. Light snow all day and moderate wind. Top, 23 and 9 were closed all day as fa as I know (9 might have been open early.) we spent the day find fresh tracks just about everywhere. Refills all day long. The light was pretty bad, but as long as you kept near the trees and rocks it was tolerable. Even some of the bowls on five were good. Could see a damn thing, but is was deep and if you just relaxed and let it flow it was pretty fun.

iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    ^^^^You ok?
    "It's just a flesh wound"

Forgot to bring some stoke, it's minimal compared to other the offerings above but it's all I gotz at the moment.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1768.jpg 
Views:	323 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	128298   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1762.jpg 
Views:	328 
Size:	1.79 MB 
ID:	128299  
    Last edited by Piggity; 12-19-2012 at 10:33 AM. Reason: photo wasn't working

Fun day on the mountain today, 2ft of hero snow and Lincoln seemed to host every skibum in the country from 9-11am today.

Best I could do with the light...

Gonna be fun tomorrow, pack up and get on the road.
    "In a perfect world I'd have all 10 fingers on my left hand, so I could just use my right hand for punching."

Looks like Father Christmas is going to deliver for you guys over the next 7-10 says. Sure wish I was living up there right now. Enjoy it and post up pics for us.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

FKNA...I thought I woke up in Wyoming or some shit.

A rare super cold day in the Range of Light, SUPER hero snow off the top and the backside. Check it...

Teh steep

Teh outta bounds

who's around, around Xmas?
    Anyone have couch space? I am compact and fit into very small cubby holes

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

^^^but nobody wants a clown car parked out front

I will be around New Years if you happen to be out.

iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by PowerWhore7 View Post
    FKNA...I thought I woke up in Wyoming or some shit.

A rare super cold day in the Range of Light, SUPER hero snow off the top and the backside. Check it...
    Was indeed a very good day up at Mammoth today. Superhero snow is exactly the right word. Perfect control on any aspect. Steeps, trees, tight chutes. Anything and everything had great hold all day.

-14? I believe it. I slept in my 4runner with a zero degree bag and a thick down comforter. It was damned cold before I got in the bag and nestled in.
    Education must be the answer, we've tried ignorance and it doesn't work!

any local mammoth bc skier/mtn biker interested in making some extra money skiing and mountain biking? pm me and I will give you more information.