Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    great pics. coverage on the crest looks solid.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    great pics. coverage on the crest looks solid.
    Thanks man, I really appreciate it & if you are in Mammoth please look me up (I have an extra bedroom). I hope all of my posts aren’t too annoying, I am just trying to pass on the stoke and show the conditions...GSA style of course.
    "In a perfect world I'd have all 10 fingers on my left hand, so I could just use my right hand for punching."

Quote Originally Posted by CMER View Post
    Hey I recently moved to LA, and will always be looking to share rides and ski this season. I'm fairly new to the forums, but my older brother, Atrain505, could vouch for me if your curious haha.
    We'll hook up in Mammoth sometime.
    If you hit Tahoe, check in. A bro of Athan is a bro of mine.
    Bed or floor space available.

One of the better, earliest 1st days of the season yesterday. Did a cannonball run with CMER leaving LA at 4am, was on the lift before 8:30am.

Weather was borderline spring-like with lots of sun, hardly any wind and even some corn on the lower parts of the mountain. Some nice wind-buffed snow all over the place with limited amounts of crust and a few nice pockets of pow in the shadier upper areas. All in all a really great day, Cole is a good mag (who rips) and gave me a great tour of Mammoth (my 1st time there) despite my slow, out of shape ass trying to keep up with him.

Few shitty iPhone pics:

Cole about to drop Dragon's

Looking nice:

Looking up at Dragon's:

Back towards summit:

December 8th and 100% open!:

Quote Originally Posted by highanxiety kicks ass
    Solid (picture, riding, snow, etc). Moar please!!!

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

So, yeah, Dana isn't quite ready yet, at least bottom to top. Powerhouse was dry for the first 1000 vertical feet.

Audibled to the obvious stuff on the Crest, which was surprisingly good. Boot deep wintery snow. It did get windy as all hell in the late afternoon though.

Inbounds was fun this weekend. Classic Mammoth windbuff. We skied mainly the skier's right of Climax, which was so good it was hard to go anywhere else. The coverage is awesome. The Noids are usually much bonier entrance wise this time of year. Hangers was not open, and I thought it would look better than it did, but almost everything else is a go.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Almost-midweek grovel for a ride to and from SD this weekend (fri/sat to sun evening)

So with no snow in the area for the past week Highanxiety and I thought it would be a good idea to skin the San Joaquin Ridge from Mammoth to June, and ski the Negatives as our prize. Here is a little taste of what happened, Highanxiety will be bringing the TR soon...

Go that way

A little pole whacking for good measure

Heady Topper for a night cap

Some 40mph wind to make our day just right

Some billy goatin

FINALLY, we made a turn!

Watch out!

Made it to June just in time for sunset and the next storm cycle. Great trip, can’t wait for the TR...
    "In a perfect world I'd have all 10 fingers on my left hand, so I could just use my right hand for punching."

fkna jealous of you and HA....really looking forward to this TR...two nights out or just one?? gotta love the heady toppers and i dont drink to many micro brews......bud or pbr...its the redneck in me
    always forward but never straight

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker/boarder View Post
    fkna jealous of you and HA....really looking forward to this TR...two nights out or just one?? gotta love the heady toppers and i dont drink to many micro brews......bud or pbr...its the redneck in me
    Ya, I am really looking forward to the TR as well! We only stayed out 1 night, but it almost turned into 2 nights - just not by design. Ha

heheh!! nice powho. on saturday we skied the negatives from the june parking lot. wouldnt be surprised if our trax got blown out by the east wind the last couple days. mostly rain crust up to 9.5 k but the snow was quite good in the cirque down to the meadow. bit of a slog thru the meadow from the resort but skied out fast.

please report what y'all get outta this system. bout 4-10" here in the 'ho

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    wouldnt be surprised if our trax got blown out by the east wind the last couple days.
    DUDE, your skin track made our day! We didn’t get to Yost Meadow until 3:30 and we weren’t sure of the exact route back to the resort , so with the sun setting it was nice to see a skin track and know that if it got dark we could just follow your track out with our headlamps. I owe you a beer my friend...

And oh ya, solid work booting up that chute, looked to be teh gnar gnar

http://www.sierratours.com/sierra_mammoth.htm

Anyone ever used this ski bus before? $130 for a roundtrip bus only. Drinks (alcoholic?) and snacks included

sick TR guys thanks for sharing and glad u made it back in 1 piece.

heres my 1st post on TGR: took this pic on 12/8/12 on the hill

awesome day considering there wasn't any "new" snow for a couple of days.

Last edited by ofset; 12-14-2012 at 11:58 AM.

Another spectacular day in the Sierra - storm ridin @ Mammoth. Get your asses up here, this weekend is going to be lots of fun.

Patrol site data is reporting 12" new today, making me real tempted to drive up Thursday night.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerWhore7 View Post
    So with no snow in the area for the past week Highanxiety and I thought it would be a good idea to skin the San Joaquin Ridge from Mammoth to June, and ski the Negatives as our prize. Here is a little taste of what happened, Highanxiety will be bringing the TR soon...
    I could get you out to the top of the ridge in about 15 minutes from the Inn on my sled. Should have hit me up. Glad to see you making good use of those bindings.

today is ze day to be up there ... please post lots of pictures!!!

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

anyone know what fell in bridgevegas???

Looking like a series of small storms for next several days. I will miss the goods today, but will hit town Saturday evening with LBski, so if anybody is around Sun, Mon, Tues give me a shout.

Will likely hit The Tap Saturday night for beers and pizza.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by jtran10 View Post
    http://www.sierratours.com/sierra_mammoth.htm

Anyone ever used this ski bus before? $130 for a roundtrip bus only. Drinks (alcoholic?) and snacks included
    Never used this, although I do like the idea of being able to relax and not drive. I would consider doing this if going by myself, although the price seems a bit steep. It is a bit more than it would cost me in gas, although not driving would be worth that if the logistics could work out.

Let me know if you end up using it.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Yea first post on TGR, lurker for almost a decade. now i just need my post count up so i can link pics!

Sick TR fellas!! see u this weekend!!!!

!!!!

Sounds like it went off today