Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerWhore7 View Post

Next...

Get out....the top opened??? I thought for sure they would need today to dig it out.
    Please save the jongs some leftovers for Friday when we show up.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Hot dayummm... Red cone and hollywood look prime (also prime for a big slide though...) let that settle for a few days then go hit it! And report back!

Headed up Thursday night. Friday looks like its going to be killer and earlyups on Saturday for MVP pass holders is always fun, albeit more crowded in recent years.

Anyone else going to be around, I'm riding solo as of now?

OuttaBounds Monday.

sooooo, i am guessing there is enough snow to tour right now on the crest, sherwins, bloody etc??? thanx

^ I have a feeling this thread will keep delivering for the next 6 months or so after seeing these latest pics!!!

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by trex_9 View Post
    Headed up Thursday night. Friday looks like its going to be killer and earlyups on Saturday for MVP pass holders is always fun, albeit more crowded in recent years.

A group of us will be there. Some rip, I'm ok. Shoot me a pm if you want to ski with us. I am blasting up at 3:30am Friday from SD. Hope to be at the Mill be 10am.
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.

Quote Originally Posted by jeddy View Post
    OuttaBounds Monday.
    Damn... strong second post & welcome to the Eastside thread.
    "In a perfect world I'd have all 10 fingers on my left hand, so I could just use my right hand for punching."

Anybody want to PM me a quick and dirty maggot friendly Beta on Mammoth? Moved out here to SoCal about a year ago from CO, grew up in AK. Need to get some turns before my next AK trip and all I've been doing is this 'surfing' thing you Cali-brahs love so much.

Much appreciated.

^^^^Search Mammoth threads jong. Read about Buddy Passes and ask MVP members if they can hook you up. I normally have a few days available.

Quote Originally Posted by mach.850 View Post
    Anybody want to PM me a quick and dirty maggot friendly Beta on Mammoth? Moved out here to SoCal about a year ago from CO, grew up in AK. Need to get some turns before my next AK trip and all I've been doing is this 'surfing' thing you Cali-brahs love so much.

Much appreciated.
    Yeah, pretty much everything has been discussed ad nauseum, so look around here a little. If you can't find an answer to a specific question, then post it up. Like Liv2ski says, the best non-pass hook up are Bring a Friend tickets. There are still some pass options out there. Not as good a deal as their end of season offer, but still worth it if you are going to be up a lot. Mammoth is by far the best (only) soCal option, unless Baldy has an exceptional season, and then it is because it is near by.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

I was dissappointed with Mammoth on Monday. was hoping for over a foot of pow but it was not there. the typical windpack that I'm not that fond of after a few laps. run off the top was better cause of the pucker factor, but the late lift starts then lines had us leaving before noon.

tourerd near mammoth rock the previous friday and it seemed there was very little base before this round of storms.

gimpy - anything down to the meadows will be very thin. upper bloody looked good but I'd wait on that and sherwins for more snow. the crest would be a better bet.

Quote Originally Posted by trex_9 View Post

I'm heading up on Friday night, leaving from San Diego. Might have extra room in my vehicle, if you or anyone else is looking for a ride.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    ^^^^Search Mammoth threads jong. Read about Buddy Passes and ask MVP members if they can hook you up. I normally have a few days available.
    Yeah you right, my search turned up mostly old shit so I was being a lazy jong.

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    Yeah, pretty much everything has been discussed ad nauseum, so look around here a little. If you can't find an answer to a specific question, then post it up. Like Liv2ski says, the best non-pass hook up are Bring a Friend tickets. There are still some pass options out there. Not as good a deal as their end of season offer, but still worth it if you are going to be up a lot. Mammoth is by far the best (only) soCal option, unless Baldy has an exceptional season, and then it is because it is near by.
    Thanks for the info on the Bring a Friend deal. Saw that on their website.

Quote Originally Posted by pajamas View Post
    I was dissappointed with Mammoth on Monday. was hoping for over a foot of pow but it was not there. the typical windpack that I'm not that fond of after a few laps. run off the top was better cause of the pucker factor, but the late lift starts then lines had us leaving before noon.

tourerd near mammoth rock the previous friday and it seemed there was very little base before this round of storms.

gimpy - anything down to the meadows will be very thin. upper bloody looked good but I'd wait on that and sherwins for more snow. the crest would be a better bet.
    That's some good intel right there. We'll probably tour a bit on the weekend and hit the resort on Monday.

Thanks fellas, 'change for a nickel' the guy with the Alaska Grown sticker on his helmet and I'll buy you a beer.

leaving Friday afternoon from LA. If anybody is around after the early ups and wants to take some laps, PM me or give me a shout. Teal and yellow Armada jacket. I'm 6' 6", easy to spot. Cheers
    "Snowboarding isn't a race, it's a disability" - Cheech Sander

Just beer yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/RichieCski

thanx pj's.

any beta on convict access. i'm guessing low

God fucking damn it, why am I on the east coast this year?

See you all in the spring!
    Ein Berg ohne Absturzgefahr ist nur noch Attrappe. (Reinhold Messner)

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    thanx pj's.

I just had some friends ski up there, looked real good, initial approach was bare but so what? Skiing up high looked sick.

If conditions look good I'm coming out your way in January. I have to hit some of those big lines! You guys have it good, place looks incredible

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    thanx pj's.

Batch plant bowls starting to fill in. Saw some turns up in the old man's/hippy chute area. Office window faces the convict area. Anyone want pics, let me know.
    Whoa, what you gotta say?? Whoa, girls turn 18 every day!!!
    --Vandals

everyone wants pics, yo
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

would love a pic of the convict area right now please and thank you

Yeah, put up a pic of Convict.
    Ein Berg ohne Absturzgefahr ist nur noch Attrappe. (Reinhold Messner)

Quote Originally Posted by pajamas View Post

Well, it is Mammoth after all. Every foot of powder comes with three feet of wind. The pow is there, you just have to know where to find it, hint: where the wind doesn't blow. While I have had some great pow days at Mammoth, they are few and far between due to wind, and a tendency to have heavy snow.

Mach, if you have specific questions, post them up, or PM me, or most of the posters in this thread. If you need a BAF invite let me know. I don't have as many as I used since my kids no longer have passes, but I still can manage a few. Same goes for all non-gapers around here.

Watch the weather for a Tonopah low and all will be right with the world.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

All good on the ride situation for leaving this afternoon, thanks though! Might PM you as the season goes along if you are heading up, always looking to share rides/gas.

RYan