Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jtran10 View Post
    Anyone have some beta on a place to sleep in the car in town a la Walmart? What about Bishop?
    I slept in the Chair 4 lot. I'd imagine you could quietly park in pretty much any lot (Canyon, 2, Main...) as long as you don't make it obvious and are parked near other vehicles.

Hate to say it but the June lot may be perfect for car camping this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    If you're not standing on the fucking traverse with your thumb up your ass you wont get checked.

dumbfuck.

Gonna take teh risk, will be up skiing FRI./SAT, lets make some turns, wait I don't turn
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    ^^^I thought you were not headed back up to after the weekend. You live there now?
    I am pretty much living where the action is this winter...cabin in June, condo in Laguna Beach. I am trying to become the married version of superstarpunani, HA-ha.

Another stellar day in the Sierra, 50 - 60mph winds, rain, snow, no visibility, limited terrain, best day ever...

^^photo by Joseph Smith^^

If any mags are in the lot - PM me, I might just have a full growler & hot vapo box waiting for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedfreak View Post

Hate to say it but the June lot may be perfect for car camping this year.
    Last edited by PowerWhore7; 11-29-2012 at 06:55 PM.
    "In a perfect world I'd have all 10 fingers on my left hand, so I could just use my right hand for punching."

Quote Originally Posted by jtran10 View Post
    Anyone have some beta on a place to sleep in the car in town a la Walmart? What about Bishop?

There are a couple covered garages in town you can park in if you wait until around midnight to go in. I've used one in particular 10-15 times.

Fucking best day ever...11/30/12 - not even December yet.

"In a perfect world I'd have all 10 fingers on my left hand, so I could just use my right hand for punching."

Couple more from today on the one plank...

No pics cause I was with a fast group. But deep and pretty soft
    Powderwhore, If you guys are around today call me and let's get some turns
    Brian 310- 591- nine zero six zero
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by PowerWhore7 View Post
    I am pretty much living where the action is this winter...cabin in June, condo in Laguna Beach. I am trying to become the married version of superstarpunani, HA-ha.

Your stress levels levels must be high, pow falling non-stop in Mammoth, 10-12' with 15' swells hitting soCal beaches...can't decide where to be right now is my guess.

FKNA you guys are hitting nicely. Looks like several good days to come still. Unfortunately no chance for me until mid-month, so leave a little untracked for us poor souls stuck at work.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Definitely not the best day ever.

But fun was still had

Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    No pics cause I was with a fast group. But deep and pretty soft
    Powderwhore, If you guys are around today call me and let's get some turns
    Brian 310- 591- nine zero six zero
    Sorry I didn’t get in touch with you yesterday but I don’t have my own internet connection and didn’t see your post until now. Will call you later...

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    Your stress levels levels must be high, pow falling non-stop in Mammoth, 10-12' with 15' swells hitting soCal beaches...can't decide where to be right now is my guess.
    First world problems huh...

The mountain will be filled in nicely by the time you get back up here and the next storm cycle should be just bottomless with this base.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerWhore7 View Post
    Definitely not the best day ever.
    that hurts. Is that a weekend phenomenon ?

I am hardly an expert, but this was a 1-hr phenomenon in the morning when the bottom part of the gondy was the only thing open, it was running at half speed and they were putting in 4 people to limit swing weight (due to the wind).

Now - the rain going up to 10K ft in the late afternoon - that kind of sucked, but good early season turns were still to be had.

Im calling 2-3 ft of snow over the next few hours. Mammoth is about to get slammed and temps are dropping.

Have fun riding Discovery chair today, or there is always chair 21, where you can actually make a turn if you want to, but certainly don't need to.

I hope they get some things open, if not, Mondays is going to be epic.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by jetlag View Post
    Im calling 2-3 ft of snow over the next few hours. Mammoth is about to get slammed and temps are dropping.
    Hey, what happened on the mountain late afternoon. Just got up here and wondering what lift were open today and how much snow, hopefully not much rain.

I didn’t mean to disparage the mountain in any way shape or form with that picture of the mile long gondi line but I thought it was funny and sarcastic. so...

Anyway, BEST DAY EVER doing bus laps from the gondi down Rodgers to Stump and on the bus back to the gondi.

My apologies for the quality of the pics but it was fucking DUMPING today and the picture taking opportunities were few and far between. Tomorrow and Tuesday are going to be all time though, so get your ass up here. Then break out the beacon for the rest of the week

He he. Thx.

Mammoth Mountain posted this pic on Facebook late last night. Said it was from yesterday morning.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dec 3rd Mammoth Sign.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	8.1 KB 
ID:	126938

Yeah, if you have a beacon, you might want to beep for the next day or two as they open the Moutain up in stages. Mammoth does slide, and after a big cycle likes this, it can slide big. Props to patrol and all they do, but nobody can totally control that bitch we call Mother Nature.

I was one turn away from a slide in Drop Out 2 a few years back. Thing broke at my feet and wash four boards. Scary as fuck to stand there and watch, trying to keep track of four heads, but better watching then sliding I suppose.

iscariot

Just saw that photo and was going to post it here. That is nuts for this time of year. May take a day or two to dig out the Gondi station and the other chairlift to the top (I never remember the numbers). As Hutash said, great week to wear a beacon and your new airbag back pack. Be careful guys and girls and I will see you next weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

That pic of the sign is insane... Cant wait to get into town..

Shit and this just in from the Snowman: "The storm has come and gone and we are left with insane amounts of new snow above 9000 feet.

Snow totals of 4-6 feet in the Main Lodge, Chair 5 and Chair 3 areas.

Up top the sign is almost covered as pictured. So base wise 5 – 7 feet at Main Lodge with 100 – 120 inches up top are a good guess before we venture out to measure and check it all out today". Entire mountain opens by Friday. Merry Christmas Bitchez
    Last edited by liv2ski; 12-03-2012 at 12:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Just for fun, here is a pic of the sign, which is over 18ft high, in the summer.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mammoth-mountain-sign-thumb18145414.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	29.9 KB 
ID:	126949

There is great shot of Head Chutes on the snowman's site. Definitely a great start to the year.

I will be up next weekend, to have fun packing this down. Let's hope the stability ends up being good, and this base lines us up for a great year. The base might end up being better than it was all of last year if this does not slide.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

That's crazy...18.5 ft up top right now. Looks like some pretty large slides on those snowman pics, but nothing too devastating base-wise.

Interesting day for sure, brilliant sunshine, not too crowded, soft snow and wind buff refills were had all day. Lots of snow sliding today as well, crowns all over the top and debris fields everywhere but it was still the best day ever.

Next...