Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    not really time to ride, landing at 4 PM. What's the moon phase???

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by PowerWhore7 View Post
    Fuck..Off..

Totally agree. Piss off!!

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    OH SHIT, HELP!!!

does anyone have room in their car for me, a snowboard bag, and a carry-on bag in their car back to LA on Sunday 1/13???
    I can go anywhere in the LA basin, preferably dropped off in the Valley somewhere and I can take a cab the rest of the way
    SM, I am up there with a group of people that weekend. A few go through the SF Valley on the way home. PM me if you need help next week and I will ask everyone if someone can help you. If not, I blast down the 395 to the 15 and have room for 1 so far. Is there a trolly around the 15 freeway area that runs into the Valley?
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerWhore7 View Post
    Today did not suck...

Oh hey, what is this sudden gush of fluid in my pantalones?
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

PW7 charging down the Hose today..

SM -
    Leaving Mammoth around 1pm Sunday - Headed down the 405 (just past LAX). Have room in the truck if needed.
    I have mastered all major sporting activities to a high degree of mediocrity.

okay, I am riding back with Franz Klammer on the way back to LA on Sunday night. Thanks for the offers all.

Flights became available again, but this way is a bit better - no need to worry if we don't get back to the trailhead before 4 PM!

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Has anyone been out in the Bishop area? Around Table mtn., Mt Locke, Basin, or the northeast slope toe of Emerson that sits above Aspendell as once over the ridge you have some nice trees/meadows thru the FS-8S15 4x4 camp off horse creek. Does anyone have a fairly recent report for the low slope above the Buttermilks? Thanks

Can't help you out on the Buttermilks, but a few fellow socal splitters and I hung out around the Convict Creek area for a few days. Hippie chutes were a bit wind packed but the apron was fairly decent. The best stuff we got was in the trees NE of the chutes, especially the 3rd day after a few inches of fresh and no wind. Also felt/heard a small quake the second night which was pretty interesting being up there and laying on the ground.

Had a blast! Such a fun trip.

Patotoeskillme, Thanks for the input and great shots; looks really good once you got up slope in spots. From the looks of the sage poking thru in Convict area, Buttermilks will surely be the same or thinner. Was thinking if I run up to use a free ticket, I’d make the best of it and get some lower lines being I camp there. Think I’ll hold till Feb to cash in my ticket and let the lower elevations fill in.

Prepare for incoming spray; just over-stoked as this was the biggest line I've ridden top to bottom without stopping

summit of bloody mountain

The top three or four turns were a little gnarly, but good and chalky.

That was a great stretch of stability, weather, and snow quality. Hope everyone was able to get some turns in!
    I'll be the hyena, you'll see.

I love the Eastside BC photos. Best part of TGR. Good job everyone.

Any guesses as to what lines/aspects will be skiing well this Saturday? Considerations include Bloody (which looks good ^^^), Pinner, Wood, etc. Based on Tahoe conditions, which may or may not resemble those around Mammoth, I'm guessing higher, north-facing lines like Bloody are the best bet. Whereas, east-facing lines might be icy and crusty.

^^^^^
    Well, there were some pretty strong North winds for a few days, and now they've switched before this next little storm, so most everything that's not sheltered is probably pretty scoured. Hopefully it snows enough for a nice refresh. If I were you I'd wait a bit on east facing stuff for better coverage.

If you're into minigolf type stuff (I am) the mid-elevation stuff is awesome right now with good coverage but still lots of crazy features, and with typically sheltered pow that doesn't get wind fucked.
    I'll be the hyena, you'll see.

It just got real funky!! Balmy!!?? I hope we get something before the deep freeze settles in. If any of you want to come by the tasting room, shoot me a PM.
    Whoa, what you gotta say?? Whoa, girls turn 18 every day!!!
    --Vandals

Quote Originally Posted by UPGRAYEDD_2505 View Post
    OK, maybe it’s time for us to join forces . Just think of all the sketchy situations we could get each other in... HA-ha

Seriously solid work man, bravo.
    "In a perfect world I'd have all 10 fingers on my left hand, so I could just use my right hand for punching."

Same trip as Potatoes. Monday had some serious eye candy. Glad we left the warmth of the sleeping bags earliesh.

IMG_7368 by Jetlag Pictures, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    Has anyone been out in the Bishop area? Around Table mtn., Mt Locke, Basin, or the northeast slope toe of Emerson that sits above Aspendell as once over the ridge you have some nice trees/meadows thru the FS-8S15 4x4 camp off horse creek. Does anyone have a fairly recent report for the low slope above the Buttermilks? Thanks
    I tooled around the THs up Bishop Creek today... looking grim. Scott's got some pics here

I don't mind some rocks, but I'll wait for another big dump 'fore skiing anything this side of Rock Creek...

Will be in Mammoth this weekend, planning to snowshoe with the girlfriend & dog on Sunday morning. (She'll be on slowshoes and I'll be skinning. Short-hair dog will be well-covered, but is sure to be cold & whining.) Doubt we'll rack up more than a mile or two since it's her first time on snowshoes, any recommendations for somewhere not too windy, scenic, and without a lot of climbing? Would be nice to have some kind of vista as a destination, but I realize we can't be too picky.

Inyo Craters.

Hey bro, Maybe support June and go there. Great views and locals.
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Prepare for incoming spray; just over-stoked as this was the biggest line I've ridden top to bottom without stopping

That was a great stretch of stability, weather, and snow quality. Hope everyone was able to get some turns in!
    Nice work! Congrats, looks like you picked a great day to do it....
    I really need to hit Bloody one of these days.. How many hours did it take car to car?

Yesterday was a good day to ride inbounds..

Hey east side regulars, what are the touring conditions in May often like? I might have to postpone any more trips until then unfortunately.

summit of bloody mountain

The top three or four turns were a little gnarly, but good and chalky.

Floyd looking happy as a clam! Ha! Love it
    "Snowboarding isn't a race, it's a disability" - Cheech Sander

Just beer yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/RichieCski

Jeez Highanxiety, that was yesterday INBOUNDS? Surprised the whole mntn wasn't tracked out.