Page 40 of 53 FirstFirst ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 1317

Thread: Solisunday?

Hey SFB, I was standing by you guys at the top of that line on the safety pad. Ran into you on the traverse back out. I was the dude teleing on the 196 Lhasa's. Then, for good measure, we went and skied it again! That was a very good day, to bad it was the last.

They put a graphic of the new chair on their website

It seems like a lot of money for questionable functionality.
    Milk run laps - two fast chairs vs. one slow one and Easy/fast vertigo laps.

Wouldn't it be better to spend the money on Honeycomb or new terrain. Or just not to spend it and keep prices down.

solitude's ownership can eat my dick
    it's frustrating as hell to see people who can't think straight live so well.
    Those people are assholes, and they're fucking stupid.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    ^^^^^^
    Hey now meanyhead you can't talk that way about my friend the Betsinator.
    Actually SD is a righteous dude in my book.
    Anyhow fwiw ticket prices aren't going up this season and the 7 day unlimited is actually going down $50.
    As far improving honeycomb aside from having the staff to run control routes and getting fantasy and the east face open I'm not sure what you could do to improve it. As far as new terrain there is a shitload of slackcountry terrain. If you haven't figured out what it takes to acess it you probably don't need to be there.
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Oh yeah the old powderhorn chairs are selling for $300. I don't know why but I so want one of those may have to thin the bro herd.
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    Oh yeah the old powderhorn chairs are selling for $300. I don't know why but I so want one of those may have to thin the bro herd.
    If I wasn't scrimping and saving pennies for my pass, I'd be all over one of those. (I'd have to install a bar on it though.)

I'm debating on springing for a Saturday this year as well, it doesn't look good for SoliMonday this coming season.

Thumbs up

Sunday/Monday for me, check.
    Sunday/Monday for the wife, check.
    Kiddo still free, check.
    Broke now, check.

A good offset to the new lift would be a lift from the bottom of Cirque/Milk Run to top of PH so that laps could be made on the east side of PH ridge without having to ski down Easy Street to get to the bottom. That portion of the run never was good for much except resting anyway. This would mean two lifts discharging at the top of PH though which could get a bit complicated. This would also help segregate the more aggressive skiers from the Moonbeam side.

It will also be interesting seeing everyone zipping across the flat at thet bottom to get to the Apex chair whereas the old PH was right at the bottom of the slope and allowed many skiers to not have to go across the flat. Patrol will have their work cut out for them slowing people down.

Thursday, Saturday, Sunday pass, bought. Bring on winter...

Quote Originally Posted by release View Post
    laps could be made on the east side of PH ridge without having to ski down Easy Street to get to the bottom.
    I think youre doing it wrong

Sunday, Wednesday for me + a Perfect 10 for the wife and stragglers. Definintely bring on winter though I want to ride the trails a little, first.

Nice, welcome to the Solisunday crew! I will tell you on Monday what I have up my sleeve now. Been working the angles all weekend and won.

Solitude opens Saturday Oct. 31st!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll be there.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post

I'll be there.
    Stoked for you guys!

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post

I'll be there.
    On the site it says something about 10/31 being "passholder appreciation day" and there's this thng about a coupon that I don't quite understand, but here's a link to the coupon even though I'm not really sure what you need it for.

http://skisolitude.com/home/passholder.php

Cool, passholder appreciation day. Wonder how fast I can get my skis mounted after I pick them up tonight?

Hopefully I can at least get up for a few hours on the wide planks if need be.

Ice, I printed mine out, just a voucher with your name and addy. Bet they will need a DL to match em up. Also they may just look up or give you the pass for the season???

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    Wonder how fast I can get my skis mounted after I pick them up tonight?
    As fast as you can make it by the mancave.
    Will mount for...... you know the deal

As fast as you can make it by the mancave.
    Will mount for...... you know the deal
    You going to put extra holes in em like last time?
    I got your digits, will be in touch.

extra holes makes em lighter. I've gone high tech I've got digitial calipers now. What ya putting on em. I mooched a soli jig but need to get it back by the am

I just now got an email from them, 10/31 they're going to run Link only, I'm not sure what the point of that is but I wouldn't hurry to get shit done for that.

I skied the link chutes yesterday they rocked. That's so sillytude passholder appreciation here ride our slowest shittiest lift with 100' of vert
    don't forget to stop by the Argenta pub for a $19.00 pitcher. It was righteous of them to not increase the pass prices though.

extra holes makes em lighter. I've gone high tech I've got digitial calipers now. What ya putting on em. I mooched a soli jig but need to get it back by the am
    Gordy garage specials. Believe Solly clamps. He will not be able to blame me for skiing on the wrong ski at least.

Will know after I drive over there after work.

Got email too:

Opening Day Moved Up!
    With the recent cold temperatures and early season snowfall that has blanketed the Wasatch, Solitude is welcoming the winter season ahead of schedule! Snowmaking began as early as the first week of October and Mother Nature has been especially cooperative – thus allowing Solitude to move up Opening Day by one week to Friday, November 6, 2009.
    Additionally, we will open Link Lift one day only for pass holders, on Halloween Day October 31, 2009 – officially kicking off the 2009-2010 Utah Winter Season. Scary, isn’t it?
    Visit our website for more information!

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I just now got an email from them, 10/31 they're going to run Link only, I'm not sure what the point of that is but I wouldn't hurry to get shit done for that.
    Yeah, the Gordy garage specials are actually new so I think I will wait a bit.

So we shall see if Taylor wants to go, but being Halloween, I bet the kiddo is going to stay high on suger all day.

First official SoliSunday of the season was insane!!! The gnar of Moonbeam should only be tackled when massively hung over.
    Fightin' to save the motherfucking day...

After 29 laps over the two days of the weekend, I'm done with Moonbeam for the year.

Fartbag, how was your first day of "pledging" with the soli crew? I will be up there in a few weeks. Went to Moab last weekend, and having the wisdom teeth removed this weekend. You will be a vet up there by the time I get some moonbeam laps in.