Page 19 of 53 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Solisunday?

SoliSunday / A mini-TR for my 100th

My first 3 days of the season. I skied Solitude last Friday & Sunday, and Saturday I spent skiing at Alta wishing there was more snow. That’s not to say that Solitude had any more snow, no - It was just not as hard.

We need snow. We? No, I’m not a local. Actually I’m on the EC, but I consider Solitude to be my hill away from home. I’ve been getting in around 15 days a year there for several years. Is 15+ days enough to be ‘We’? I hope so.

I love it – it’s one of my favorite hills. I like the Summit-Cathedral laps the best, and always end with Honey. There’s not many places that I haven’t been … I’m working on a short list.

I understand the snow pack is right on track for a normal year. I guess the last few have been spoiling us. Us, yeah us.

Sunday I found myself skiing alone. I didn’t see many people I thought might be maggots, but I did ask two Maggot-like dudes if they were. They weren’t, but they laughed at the fact that someone asked if they were Maggots.

What does a Maggot look like? I don’t know, but in my minds-eye I picture skiers with presence, power, and style all packaged into a care free & relaxed attitude (consequently this is not how I picture other forums skiers).

I guess the fact is that Solitude is not the place to run into a lot of people let alone Maggots, and that’s not a bad thing.

Anyway back to the skiing. Some of the high traverses were rock gardens. I walked across a few of them, but didn’t get any reward on the other side. I saw the rocks in the middle of primo lines and almost pitied the poor bastard that was unfortunate enough to get maybe 2-3 inches over top of the rocks that were guaranteed to blow out an edge. Core shot at minimum.

I was ready to be that guy. I'd prefer more, but I'd take anything ... 2 inches, three, more. I’d gladly sacrifice my 724Pro’s for the cause. Hell, I was crushing rocks with them anyway – might as well be hiding under some snow!

It snowed Sunday night. I think the official tally for Monday morning was 7”? The closest I got to fresh tracks was driving down BCC to go to the airport. I’m still thinking about a few lines that would have ended the usefulness of my skis. I would have made the sacrifice and would’ve hate-loved every stinkin’ turn.

I got nuthin, but I managed to mangle my now new tele boards anyway. Yeah, ‘We’ got snow at least. It was awesome.

I’ll be back.
    Who cares how the crow flies

Roll call for tomorrow? It's gonna be siiiick.

JoshP and I will be there.

I wish I would of brought my skis down canyon with me......just relizing LCC may shut tomorrow and BCC would be a great option.

I'll be there, probably early. Eagle at 11 usually works.

BobMc

don't you dare forget "The Promise" made to you 1 week ago!!!
    when you least expect "it"; expect IT!!!
    "... she'll never need a doctor; 'cause I check her out all day"

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Haven't had a day away from Soli in 2 weeks. Was gonna tour with wife and dog, but shit if the pain trains gonna roll in I might just have to make it up for a solibonics lesson. Best of all the skating Rink is open & has got your name on it & Bring Stump with ya and leave your varsity jackets @ home.
    Damit Bob the meeting choices need to be 1st chair Phorn or rope drop summit. 11 @ eagle = so not where I wanna be on a pow day
    Edit if anyone wants to spin out for a Twin Lakes lap or Guild line shot bring your safety avvy gear and tourin rigs Not that inbounds will get tracked out
    Last edited by skifishbum; 12-16-2006 at 10:37 PM.
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Starting to come down steady this evening for brighton night ski.

I am in at Soli tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob
    No more internal power struggle;
    We come together to overcome the little trouble.
    Soon we'll find out who is the real revolutionary,
    'Cause I don't want my people to be contrary?

We'll be a chick in purple and a dude with some really ugly flourescent skis.
    Hoping to be at Powderhorn for first chair. See you punks tomorrow.

Today really sucked, .

I skied with the Lebowskis and friend all day. Where was everyone else?

BobMc

I was a long way away building a swing set.

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    Today really sucked, .

I skied with the Lebowskis and friend all day. Where was everyone else?

BobMc
    Park City. Shrug. It was good - riding with two 11 year old rippers. Waist deep freshies for them! (Knee deep for me, )
    This touchy-feely Kumbaya shit has got to go.

Sorry I missed you guys - I took a header in Honeycomb on my way to meet up at 11 and it took me a good 20 mins to dig myself out.
    JoshP stayed home sick.

How about some "distinguishing features" so I can keep an eye out in the future? Who knows...I may have seen you guys in the lift line....

Maybe next time!

YeeHaw! The Woodsy man will be in attendance tomorrow, the Lebowskis will be there. Anyone else?

BobMc

PS My distinguishing feature is a set of baby blue skis.

red bullit and my friend jonny
    yow

today was so money
    Bob rox
    macdaddy rox
    lebowskis rock
    today was happy happy joy joy
    pics to follow

When you going home, Slick?

Me and the kid roll in Thurs. nite, we got room to spare if you need it.

Sorry I missed you last Sunday Bob, our timing was for shit, we had a crowd (half kids) and it was like herding kittens. Doug was out though, he asked after you. He'll be back in Feb. w/o kids.

Today was a nice day indeed. A couple inches of new snow and a bit of wind did the trick. Good to have Woodsy in town and MacDaddy make it up.

I was lazy last weekend Ice, no new snow, tales of crowds. I'll be up this Sunday for sure, see you then.

Couple pics:

Woodsy

MacDaddy

BobMc

Nice pics.

Glad I didn't blow you off after all, we'll see you Sunday.

This past Soli Sunday was the best in a long time, Thanks to DDAY and the solid crew of Mags and non Maggs.
    I felt like a F'n Lil kid all day! I seriously thought I had died and gone to lil bit o Soli heaven when on my last run of the day around 3:15 I laid first tracks down one of my favorite bowls, thanks to Eagle chair baing closed all day!

FKNA!!!
    Points on their own sitting way up high

It was cold today at Snowbird, probably be cold tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing the man of Ice tomorrow. I'm sure we'll have the Lebowskis, and my buddy Doug from Michigan. Perhaps a surprise visit by BushwhackerPa?

Eagle at 11.

BobMc

sry sometime bob I will get over there. I pomised my housemates to be thier guide today at the bird:/

Wha'happen?

Me and the kid were at Eagle from about ten 'til until almost a quarter past, we didn't see any of you guys, oh well.

Next time.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Wha'happen?

Me and the kid were at Eagle from about ten 'til until almost a quarter past, we didn't see any of you guys, oh well.

Next time.
    Got stuck behind a bus putting up the canyon, musta just missed you. I looked for you all day to no avail. I really need to get your cell phone number in my phone. I never ended up finding the Lebowskis as well.

We ended up making two laps out to Crystal Point. Seeing the Silver Fork Meadows absolutely hammered while we skied untracked in the resort was a bit comical. I'm still trying to decide which day was colder, today or yesterday.

A couple pics:

BobMc

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    I really need to get your cell phone number in my phone.

Dude...you have a cell phone? I didn't know that.

I won't be back until Feb., but I'll make sure to get your number before that.

Sorry we missed you.

SoliMonday is tomorrow!

errrr... for me at least!!