Page 49 of 53 FirstFirst ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 1317

Thread: Solisunday?

at the bottom of the worst air in the USA
    Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    Today wasn't bad, tomorrow has the chance to be stellar.

These were all taken today, conditions aren't bad at all:

No smiles in any of the pics? Bad bacon for breakfast?
    Not soliciting business through casual internet associations

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy View Post
    No smiles in any of the pics? Bad bacon for breakfast?
    Skiing is serious business...

We're saving all the smiles for next weekend when Woodsy will be there, you should think about coming up as well.

Haven't hit one this season, been loving the weekday skiing.
    Hitting last day though with the fam.
    See ya tomorrow Road Trip.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Tomorrow is my second favorite holiday of the year, behind Christmas. It's going to be off the hook, I can hardly sleep tonight. My boy has some stuff up his sleeve, the Solisunday baton pass is strong with that one.

Yee-Haw.

It won't be long. Here are a few from the last day of the season last April:

My boy did indeed have something up his sleeve, he got to the top of the lift and busted off stripper pants and a coat to reveal duct tape shorts, he was pretty chilled by the time he hit bottom.

It snowed a bit the night before and was a pretty decent last day, a few from the camera of SFB:

Went up for opening day yesterday. Had fun. Need to get some new snow out there quick though. It's getting heavy.

Rode with some old guy (82 years old) named Will. Hope I can ski like him when I'm 82.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    dude freaks me out everytime I see him I flashback to the weird cher mask movie

I'll be up tomorrow morning. Any beta from yesterday?

I'll be on Blizzard Titan Pros (bright yellow ones) in a maroon Arc'teryx jacket, khaki pants, and grey helmet.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by thedrew55 View Post
    I'll be up tomorrow morning. Any beta from yesterday?

I'll be on Blizzard Titan Pros (bright yellow ones) in a maroon Arc'teryx jacket, khaki pants, and grey helmet.

It was fairly nice on Saturday, three inches of cream. There was more snow up on the Summit than down low. Today was pretty harsh, firm and breezy. 4-8 tonight should make for a good tomorrow.

Eagle has been down for the last few days and doesn't look anywhere close to being ready to spin.

Burke!!! Crazy George!!!! FOGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How strict are they on the 4x4 w/snow tires or chains restrictions? Heading up Tuesday and don't want to have to take UTA up the canyon. If so, what time does first bus leave?

I haven't seen that restriction before, and based on the forecast, I wouldn't be surprised if I see it Tuesday morning again.

Most times there is a cop at the mouth checking every car for chains or 4 wheel drive. Rightfully so, since there is always some dumb ass who thinks they don't need either on and are slid off the road backing up traffic for miles. Don't be that dumb ass.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

^^^This.

Cool. I've experienced the check for either/or, never both 4x4 and snow tires/chains. That's why I asked. I have 4x4 but not snow tires or chains. Will they let me pass?

just need one or the other.

Thanks everyone. I know these are total JONG questions, but better safe than sorry.

Hope to see some of you up there tomorrow. Same outfit as described before but rocking LINE Motherships tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    Most times there is a cop at the mouth checking every car for chains or 4 wheel drive. Rightfully so, since there is always some dumb ass who thinks they don't need either on and are slid off the road backing up traffic for miles. Don't be that dumb ass.
    What about Boston drivers with rental cars... especially mini-vans? Aren't we exempt from Utah laws?
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Yep, you guys are good.

Of course you are BigDaddy, how else would we know you are form Boston? You going to make it out this year?
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Ha, ha, yes Lee... We are coming out for a quick blast Jan. 10-14. The usual gang of dentists. Staying up in Soli land, so maybe we can get some turns together?
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

That would be awesome I will plan accordingly, I have some trips in January but with this much notice I should be able to make that happen.

yesterday was pretty darn nice. snagged 2nd chair up Eagle and a few laps on Paradise Lost without many folks around. Amazed at how long things went un-tracked. Really deep in some spots, but sure as hell wish I knew my way around west/left traverse in honeycomb, i have a feeling i wasted some time/energy traversing farther than i had to.

Anybody around for turns tomorrow. I'm solo and tend to get scared when I'm by myself. Can you leave the night light on for me?
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

I'm going to wake up tomorrow and not know what to do. This will be the first weekend since November that I won't be rolling out of bed and waking up my son to get moving and go skiing.

Even though Solitude only had a(nother) 350 inch season we still had a pretty good time. Most seasons we have some fairly large snowstorms that bolster the totals and add to the smile quotient. This season it seemed to the be the year of the six inch storm. I'd bitch about it, but it won't really do any good. I had fun and will next season as well. (But please oh please give us another bountiful haul)

Closing day yielded 5 inches decent snow, the crowd was large and the lot was full. The hill was empty as all the revelers seemed content to spend their time in the parking lot instead of the cream coated mountain. That was fine with me and my son as we took numerous lift rides accessing our favorite (still open thanks to a solid Soli ski patrol) paths.

I think my son enjoys closing day more than I do. I quit dressing up a few years ago but he's taken over the tradition with aplomb. This season he swore he'd wear a bikini, along with a banana and a few lemons he backed up his claim. I'm not sure if it's been done before, but if not, right now I'm claiming my kid did the first man wearing bikini/banana/lemons straightline of Postcard ever...

The only downer of the season was hearing of a Solitude local going down at Brighton today. The whole SoliSunday crew wishes Crazy George a quick recovery and is looking forward to seeing him in the liftline next season.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	soliapril2013.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	84.5 KB 
ID:	136838  

It was good joining the SoliSunday crew this year. Despite the meh snow totals, it was actually a pretty good quality year, with quality folks.

Looking forward to many more seasons with Team Green.

Missed closing weekend, unfortunately.

Seeya next season.

No more Custom passes available anymore, could be the end of an era...

On the bright side prices went down and a combined SoliBright pass is only $999. Count me in...