Page 51 of 53 FirstFirst ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1317

Thread: Solisunday?

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    dear op
    should you become homesick ,sick of waiting in your car or interlodged or tired of gates that rarely open

as sfb's guest and represenitive of the people that employ his goofy ass
    NO YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POINT OUT ANY PERCIEVED INEPTITUDES ON ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OUTLETS
    other than that keeps it in the trees and were goods 2 goes
    Iceman comith
    maybe ski you sillybros around
    fantasy open yet?
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

oh and that shit goes for woodsy my bro yeti man and any of you other fools cept
    roj
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Bump

For some half assed pics.

Solithursday and rollercoaster was a lot better than I figured it would be spun 3 laps there and never made it to summit like I planned.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11342955845_1795ec559b.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	157.3 KB 
ID:	146421

I love these trees so many story's they can tell

Name:	11342968005_4921bd30b4.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	185.2 KB 
ID:	146422

Sucked to head down into the inversion.

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    dear op
    should you become homesick ,sick of waiting in your car or interlodged or tired of gates that rarely open

as sfb's guest and represenitive of the people that employ his goofy ass
    NO YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POINT OUT ANY PERCIEVED INEPTITUDES ON ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OUTLETS
    other than that keeps it in the trees and were goods 2 goes
    Iceman comith
    maybe ski you sillybros around
    fantasy open yet?
    You need to snatch one of those for a solithursday and show me where the goods are buddy

#solithursday

10 inches of fresh frosted delights

love sleeper pow days

Name:	11475137294_ca1413a701_b.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	381.6 KB 
ID:	147045

Love Soli

Name:	11475271703_99ff013345_b.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	373.4 KB 
ID:	147046

"Exciting news about the lifts at Solitude, we have applied with the USFS to replace the Summit chairlift with a new detachable quad! The location of the new Summit Lift will allow access from either Sunrise, Apex, or Powderhorn chairlifts. The Apex Express route will provide access to Solitude and Honeycomb Canyons via high-speed detachable lifts the whole way, making the trek up to the summit much faster. Hopefully coming soon, we will keep you updated!"

Hmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    "Exciting news about the lifts at Solitude, we have applied with the USFS to replace the Summit chairlift with a new detachable quad! The location of the new Summit Lift will allow access from either Sunrise, Apex, or Powderhorn chairlifts. The Apex Express route will provide access to Solitude and Honeycomb Canyons via high-speed detachable lifts the whole way, making the trek up to the summit much faster. Hopefully coming soon, we will keep you updated!"

Hmmm...
    Summit sure doesn't need any more capacity, hope they at least keep the riders/hour similar to what it is now. And that they don't build any more cat tracks around that place.

I wonder where the base of it will be.

Glade, detachable quad vs. existing slow-ass double. Capacity will be way up for sure.

Not just slow-ass double, but circumventing an even slower-ass triple (Sunrise) to access another slow-ass double. Unless the back of PowHorn is open, but even then...

So HC will get tracked out even faster.

Probably planning in anticipation of snowjoke's wet dream of One Wasnatch.

Ah well, so it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post

Glade, detachable quad vs. existing slow-ass double. Capacity will be way up for sure.
    Other end of the canyon getting out of there. There is a summer road that cuts under Apex and goes into that canyon. They are going to want to make it accessible for all abilities.
    It's always good marketing to be able to say you have a HSDQ, but this isn't about #s. It's about
    Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    planning in anticipation of snowjoke's wet dream of One Wasnatch.
    Phase I bitches.

Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    It's about Phase I bitches.
    Summit Lift generally runs at about 10-15% capacity. Only had a line two or three times all season when circumstances were unique to jam people up there. It is absolutely nonsensical to put in a high-speed quad, unless it is part of a much bigger plan. Phase 1 bitches!
    Gravity Junkie

i couldn't decide tween
    sillytude is as sillytude does
    or
    sillytude does as sillytude is
    then i asked wwrp?

Quote Originally Posted by icelanticskier View Post
    many moons ago i was working and living at alta. one day out on a tour i decided to ski down to brighton and catch the bus down/around, and back up lcc for home. i'd never been in bcc and on my ride down on the bus i looked over my left shoulder and saw eden. wide open spaces with a couple of lifts and barely any skiers........on a powder day. right then and there i promised myself that if i ever spent another winter in foofyland, it would have to be working and skiing solitude. the day i left alta was the last time i skied alta 15 years ago. 5 years after leaving alta i made that promise reality and what a wonderful reality that was. a WHOLE different world there. a different sport really. looking forward to this winters visit.

rog

bummed my bro craigs hung up his tuneing apron and had enough of the silly tudes
    still a couple E kids workin so i hopes he makes a parched rodent appearance or 2
    icegrompowslaysindadsjeans

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post

Fair enough, it probably will, although 85% of the season it won't make much difference, as that lift is ski-on. I'm sure they'll do it eventually, but I would much rather see a Summit upgrade than an additional lift back in Honeycomb. Yes, greater capacity and faster laps will mean more tracks back in HC, but I don't mind a good sidestep.

Fewer people riding Sunrise to access Summit will mean fewer people in the low angle pillowland too. I can live with that.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Fair enough, it probably will, although 85% of the season it won't make much difference, as that lift is ski-on.
    Depends on the year. It has an equation: >2-3"=LCC closure=skittle crew on Summit
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudfoot View Post
    It is absolutely nonsensical to put in a high-speed quad
    Totally, now I'm gonna hafta find the time to consult the pocket safety adviser elsewhere. WTF!

Nice pic Dibbs

pour a sip outta of the waterbowl, pet your pooch or thank a troller for openin the goods and takin the time to train avvy dog
    for chaco
    one hell of a dog

Not much better than a well trained dog. Run In Peace Chaco.

RIP Chaco.
    Low post count because I'm too busy working and then skiing, but not neccessarily in that order.

Quote Originally Posted by Coño Frío View Post
    Run In Peace Chaco.
    mooched pooch pic from pintrest

i really shouda gone up yesterday to say goodbye cause insread of just dealing w/ work and a tears in my eyes
    i coulda been a blubberin mess.
    from a young pup to a grayfaced seasoned vet,
    That ole girl made me smile daily and soon figured out the ole grayfaced shop rat was a sucker for a wagin tail and was always holdin dogger treats.

Nothing will make me tear up faster than the passing of a good dog. Nothing.
    carpe diem vita brevis

not too bad for a couple hours (apex/moonbeam only) ... some might say it was a little deep in spots

I may take you up on that...

you should bring the crotchfruit and i'll burn a silverpass day
    i gotta work at 2ish
    and not sure i can hold a pole not that the busdriver really uses em

good to sillysee ya tuco

of an era
    will the op return
    where will iceman find green jeans
    will the rotund waddlin oompa loompas sing
    will there b a cake
    will someone huck shit bn
    free turkey chili and ski vallet day
    will i be the only mag atop ph 420?
    last season day

happy belated day of birth old op
    please return this season there is bars on all the lifts
    digi death dork dreams of a thread w/ 120k views
    you = the mag

super solisunday stoked on our solisummit chair