Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    We skied wind affected but soft snow on Jones last Saturday. It's not skiing great, but there's certainly enough coverage to go sledneck and skin around.

Looking for slow partner to do some easy touring and low risk stuff if its available.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    We skied wind affected but soft snow on Jones last Saturday. It's not skiing great, but there's certainly enough coverage to go sledneck and skin around.
    Had a friend blow out his front suspension on a boulder at Jones last week, careful up there!

http://www.earlyups.com/snow_report/?region_id=2 Figured some of you might care about this. Real Time Snow (berthoud included) - webcams - forecasts (working on that) - avy report - content etc. Figured you guys might like it.

^^^Nice, thanks. Too bad the fun meter is stuck on suck. Going up there anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Records View Post
    Had a friend blow out his front suspension on a boulder at Jones last week, careful up there!
    Thanks Mike. That's my concern. God, I may have to head to the groomed trails just to run the sled a bit. The horror...
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Hit no name>cc bench>z chute, but ended up backing off of z after our first ski cut. The thin layer of wind slab on top of full depth facets scared us off. Had to hump a good amount of sugar to get back out, but we felt it was the right call. Found variable wind fuck/sun crust/cream cheese up high. Wasn't real pretty but felt good to get up there.

You ski no name proper? Or the cirque?

Quote Originally Posted by georgio View Post
    You ski no name proper? Or the cirque?
    proper, more or less. We started about 30' before the summit and cut into the no name chute. just tried to avoid the convex and cornice on the top.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyJim View Post
    http://www.earlyups.com/snow_report/?region_id=2 Figured some of you might care about this. Real Time Snow (berthoud included) - webcams - forecasts (working on that) - avy report - content etc. Figured you guys might like it.

Question ... Not related to Berthoud, but todays snow totals seem off (this is the first time I've checked it after a storm.) Where are you getting the data? I rode at Monarch today and I am 100% positive monarch pass got more than 0.0 inches. And the fun meter was not, as they say, "stuck on suck".

Also... pretty sure Wolf Creek did better than 0.0 ... by about 17.0 inches.

Quote Originally Posted by georgio View Post
    Question ... Not related to Berthoud, but todays snow totals seem off (this is the first time I've checked it after a storm.) Where are you getting the data? I rode at Monarch today and I am 100% positive monarch pass got more than 0.0 inches. And the fun meter was not, as they say, "stuck on suck".

Also... pretty sure Wolf Creek did better than 0.0 ... by about 17.0 inches.

Good catch Georgio. We had parsing issues the last 24 hours. Laregly because we built this out when Colorado was seeing zero snow. Hence, this was our first test...I thought we had it but alas I was wrong.

Most plots will be fixed in the next 12 hours. All fixed within the next 36. Sorry folks!

Is it pulling Snotel data or what's the source?

Its pulling a combination of SNOTEL, wxstns, CDOT, MesoWest, CAIC and CSCUSA data.

Snotel is good but isn't sensitive enough when only monitoring SWE (plus I have to put in a ton of logic to filter out the noise)

This is very much a work in progress but will be pretty cool when its fully up and running. Jackson has been very strong through the last few storms (accuracy, timeliness and usability)

anyone been to jones/butler recently? How's coverage? Just trying to decide if I can break out the new board yet or keep to my rock board.

Skied Butler Sunday. Was not bad considering. With this refresh you should b fine on a new board.

How's the skiing around Broome right now?
    Friends are heading up tonight for the weekend, I'm considering meeting up early in the morning and getting some laps in - I imagine Current Creek and the 110s aren't optimal right now? Suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by BurnHard View Post
    How's the skiing around Broome right now?
    Friends are heading up tonight for the weekend, I'm considering meeting up early in the morning and getting some laps in - I imagine Current Creek and the 110s aren't optimal right now? Suggestions?

A lot of Current creek is pretty good right now the 110s included.
    Last edited by georgio; 02-01-2013 at 02:26 PM.

Just another pow day at the passClick image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1359749560.684869.jpg 
Views:	253 
Size:	45.0 KB 
ID:	131711

Trees still bony but good snow
    Last edited by smitchell333; 02-01-2013 at 02:54 PM.

Nice. I'm headed up in 20. Still coming down in Fraser right now.

Big improvement a week made huh?

Big time. It was still dicey out Wednesday afternoon in some places. But we've picked up another 2 full days of bonus snow since then. We've moved from November snowpack to early December snowpack.

As I was heading down the Pass this afternoon, I saw a bunch of Clear Creek County Sheriff's cars, a firetruck and what looked to be several SAR trucks heading up. Hope everyone is OK.

beautiful day out on the pass. never seen such unsupportive snow though. stuck to low angle stuff with the pup. be safe out there!
    F-R-O-double-G

The woman caught in the slide is fine. She triggered a slide about 50 feet above the choke of Rush Chute slid just about to the choke and somehow (fucking miraculously) wedged herself there and didn't get run through the bottom 20-30 feet. She was stuck for 4 hours until SAR could extract her. I need to calm down for a few and I'm going to have some pretty fucking choice words for some people about the whole situation...

Does anyone know the name of the group doing what appeared to be avy classes up on the west side of the pass today?
    Last edited by georgio; 02-02-2013 at 10:03 PM.

Parked at the first pull off on the right before the summit to ski the mellow field on the West side. We heard sirens going when we reached the top. Sheriff's office pulled my registration and called my family to see if they'd heard from me. Freaked them out quite a bit.

Glad everyone is ok but sounds like some bad decisions were made^