Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    "Interesting" way to get to Corner Pocket I guess?
    Everything is coming up Brady.

BTW, what is the preferred nomenclature for the low angle south facing meadows just immediately lookers right of that picture? E.g what is usually to the climbers left of the uptrack to get to upper 110s and/or over to Corner Pocket/2nd Creek?

Oh also, Highline Trees/skiers far left of Hanging Meadows was fun for ninny tree skiing a week or so ago. FWIW at this point. I'd think 7 mile is in, but haven't done it yet this season.

I would say 7 mile is in too. Bu I'm not going to be the one to test that theory, it'd be miserable if you got half way down and found out it wasn't.

Lol, you first.

Stanley Headwall and No Name Cirque | Jan. 5, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Knight View Post
    BTW, what is the preferred nomenclature for the low angle south facing meadows just immediately lookers right of that picture? E.g what is usually to the climbers left of the uptrack to get to upper 110s and/or over to Corner Pocket/2nd Creek?
    I think you're talking about Perfect Trees. If you're wondering, there are still some nice sharks up there despite how it looks. My board was not happy after that run last week...and neither was my face.

Anyone been up today? The Snotel site has gone from 22 to 29 inches in the last 24 hours...

C'mon bros somebody was up there today!!?? How was it?? worth heading up Sunday????

^cold. Bring yer hotronics.

Looks good

Not sure about the pass, Butler had about 2 inches fresh and nuclear winds. Meh. Last week 7 mile was skiable, but not quite in he right place. We need snow

7 mile was skiing out just fine a couple days ago. More snow at the bottom than at the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpentele View Post
    Not sure about the pass, Butler had about 2 inches fresh and nuclear winds. Meh. Last week 7 mile was skiable, but not quite in he right place. We need snow
    That makes my decision easy..... Thanks AT..

Quote Originally Posted by Alpentele View Post
    You think? Fuckin storm turned into another dud. It's been teasing us all week with big predictions, and then it delivers 1-2 inches and nucular winds and temps.

I thought Berthoud was totally worth it today. About 5" new, -10, and light to no wind. Not epic, but better than surfing the Internet.

Haven't been up in a while. Assuming the basic stuff is ski'ed in and getting almost-ok? Meadows, Flume? East side Floral Park around Powerline; and--on looker's left--trees down to first switch back (not all the way out to hanging meadow/fingers). Not looking for great snow, just don't want to totally waste gas. Not looking for any guarantees either, just trying to get an idea of where we're at... Thanks.

Couple runs this afternoon. Few inches of powder and some soft turning in spots fresh but boy still thin overall.
    Tree stuff is kinda bony.

Skied a little Saturday wanting to hit no name but was turned back by avi conditions.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1358727928.052691.jpg 
Views:	252 
Size:	209.6 KB 
ID:	130849

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1358728027.527023.jpg 
Views:	255 
Size:	127.2 KB 
ID:	130851

Made turns on south chutes instead.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1358727956.704822.jpg 
Views:	252 
Size:	236.0 KB 
ID:	130850

Some more photos from this year.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1358728200.094303.jpg 
Views:	263 
Size:	172.1 KB 
ID:	130853

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1358728270.089836.jpg 
Views:	241 
Size:	141.9 KB 
ID:	130856Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1358728323.757484.jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	138.3 KB 
ID:	130857Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1358728401.437604.jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	151.4 KB 
ID:	130860

Quote Originally Posted by snowcatCO View Post
    Skied a little Saturday wanting to hit no name but was turned back by avi conditions.
    What'd your pit say?

Dug east - south east facing and found it to be quite stable with many layers, none failing. We then passed a group who also was out to hit no name. They reported finding highly unstable conditions facing east above treeline and stayed off of it. So we dug higher directly east facing, first layer failed easily, taking lower layers with it. It would be easy to set of a shallower slab with chances releasing bigger and a lot more dangerous ones.

It's super variable above tree line. The wind has really made it difficult to find good snow with stable conditions FWIW

Got out a couple times in the last week. Wednesday afternoon was very surreal with a layer of clouds from 11500-12000 settling down into the valley as the sun set. Skied a few relatively untouched runs on the east side (shots here).

Thursday the visibility was better and I headed over to Vortex. The stability was better than what I've seen elsewhere around Bert recently, much less faceted and better bonding between layers. Q2 shear about 12 inches down went at CT11 and below that a Q3 shear at ~CT17 about 2 feet down. Looks like several other people have gotten on Vortex since, I'll throw some pics up from Thursday later this afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by snowcatCO View Post
    Dug east - south east facing and found it to be quite stable with many layers, none failing. We then passed a group who also was out to hit no name. They reported finding highly unstable conditions facing east above treeline and stayed off of it. So we dug higher directly east facing, first layer failed easily, taking lower layers with it. It would be easy to set of a shallower slab with chances releasing bigger and a lot more dangerous ones.
    Thanks for the info.

Anyone have a Jones Pass conditions report? I was hoping to get up there sometime soon to run my neglected sled a little and then maybe do some touring. Not really concerned about skiing the gnar since the snowpack is shit, mostly just wanting to get out to run the machine and get some exercise. That doable up there right now?
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.