Thread: Burton Realigns

Burton Realigns

Sucks to hear about Special Blend and Four Square. They made quality stuff for a long time, Forum, not so much.

Snowboard industry is in a slump, they blame the economy, but I'm guessing last year's snow totals and a slumping snowboard industry has more to do with it than the overall economy.

This is good news.. Viva la foursquare
    long live the jahrator

Burton needs to realign its basic philosophy cuz it sucks ass. Some companies, you know if you pay more you get more. Not Burton. The high-end stuff performs great out of the box but its still pathetic durability gear designed to soon fall apart and force you to buy more. 3 pairs of Driver Xs and not one lasted more than 50 days before the lacing systems failed. Burton knows its speed laces are a big durability fail but won't go to the expense of distributing repair kits to dealers. Took Burton 7 months! to relace my last pair and the boots came back with torn foam in one liner and it started disintegrating almost immediately. Got a whole 45-50 days out of that $300. Jake Burton laughs all the way to the bank while you and I sit at the base with broken gear on a powder day.
    Last edited by neckdeep; 10-24-2012 at 01:12 PM.

It makes sense, but it still sucks to see more brands go. I grew up with Backhill, which was such a sick brand as a young'n, I remember when they shut that down, I was pissed.

I agree they need to realign their philosophy. I learned long ago never to buy their soft goods. Had a pair of boots a few years ago, nothing but trouble with their lacing system. Sucks sitting at the car trying to get the boot off your foot without ripping the laces. As cool as I think their AK gear looks, I would never buy it with quality companies such as flylow offering better products at better prices.

Quote Originally Posted by neckdeep View Post
    Jake Burton laughs all the way to the bank while you and I sit at the base with broken gear on a powder day.
    Your experience with Warranty 48 sounds unusual. Have to step in here to defend the best large-scale warranty and service department in the business.

Also must mention that I have great luck with durability issues. However, I will only buy boots with traditional lacing, and sadly Burton is putting speed-zone lacing in all of their high-end boots now.

My Driver X's are going strong after 100 plus days. No issues. Held up better than any of my Salomons actually.

I dont think many tears are going to be shed for the loss of Forum and Foursquare. Seems to be the smart play here.
    Live Free or Die