Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Best touring boot?

Your opinion is everything. I want to know what you tech heads think is the most aggressive dynafit compatible boot on the market.
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

La Sportiva Stratos Evo
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

Most aggressive? Not exactly sure what that means. But in this jong's official opinion, the Cochise Pro 130 sure had the most "alpine boot" feel in terms of last and flex when I did the room temp, not-on-snow comparison at my local ski shop...

I like my Maestrales, but they're not the most aggressive boot on the market. Light warm and comfy with a little leakage issue when booting in the goo.

Maybe the Maestrale RS, the high end Dalbello Virus or the dynafit tlt5 performance? I haven't skied any of them though.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

the red boots are best for aggressive skiers.

I'm pretty happy with my quadrants now that I have power wraps in them - really stiffened them and also filled up that upper boot volume nicely. But if I had a grand lying around I would want to try those vulcans.
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

"How long can it last? For fuck sake this isn't heroin -
    suck it up princess" - XXX on getting off mj

“This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man

scarpa laser, it's been all downhill from there.

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    Listen to this man.... He's a bootfitter and knows what he's talking about.

Sent from my SGH-I717D using TGR Forums
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

yeah If I had a grand to throw down on boots I'd be looking at the Dynafit Vulcan. I kind of lust after the TLT5p but I have dedicated alpine boots and I don't think they'd be durable enough for you to rock as a one boot quiver.

Other less-than-a-grand considerations the Dynafit Mercury, the Titan UL, Maestrale RS, maybe the Technica Cochise.

Any of those should be better than the Radiums you've been on the last few years. Filling in the blanks for you but the OP needs a boot that can take a beating for 75% touring and 25% lifts, lots of 5k plus touring days.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

With or without man pants?

quadrants w/ powerwrap and boosters = awezome for dadown.

but i don't care much for the buckle setup.

In addition to those mentioned: The boot everyone loves to hate but has been great for me: BD Factor 130.

Another vote for the Vulcan or Mercury. If you're in the first generation Radium they'll probably even fit.

Scarpa Maestrales changed my life and are plenty stiff enough for my needs. Move on up to the RS if your concerned about stiffness. I haven't put my foot in a Vulcan, but even if it's a better boot, how much better for additional 400 bucks. All that being said, buy whatever the hell fits your foot and is beefy enough to keep you happy.

Maestrale RS, vulcan, cochise. Let your foot decide, you can't be wrong with any of those.

For a one-boot-quiver, I'd go with Mercury/Vulcan. FWIW, I sold my Titans and have been on the quest for a new pair of performance oriented touring boots; aka can take some mild resort use and abuse.

I think the jury is still out as the Vulcans don't seem to have made it across the pond yet? Who knows, the production Vulcan is supposed to be 20% stiffer from what was described as a "brick wall" pre-production Vulcan.

Go and try on the Mercury @ Evo. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised...if it fits your foot.

Others have said it but also check Mestrale RS, Cochise 120/130/Light, maybe the new Garmont?

If you are touring 100% of the time and want one boot - TLT5P.

But red clashes with my skis and douche outter waer.
    watch out for snakes

Pro Guiding in N. Bend has a good selection and it's relatively quiet place. Good people too.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Z - what size foot?

You're welcome to try my Mercurys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by foreal View Post
    Go and try on the Mercury @ Evo.
    Only 26.5 and 28.5 are in the store at the moment, with one pair of 27.5 in the distribution center.
    Last edited by gregL; 10-22-2012 at 10:58 AM.

Titans, and Cochise 130 get my vote because I think 3 piece boots ski like shit.
    If we open it up to 3 piece boots the Vulcan and Mercury are stiffer than either of the above, with the Mastrale RS right behind.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Titans, and Cochise 130 get my vote because I think 3 piece boots ski like shit.
    If we open it up to 3 piece boots the Vulcan and Mercury are stiffer than either of the above, with the Mastrale RS right behind.
    Maestrale is not a classic 3 piece cabrio. Look at it, the "tx pro-like" tongue works more like an overlap. This is imho why maestrale rs skis so well.

stiffest - vulcan w/ 2nd tongue
    most alpine flex - cochise pro 130
    most progressive/like a flexon - maestrale rs

different strokes for different folks.
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

Priority up and fast transitions-TLT5 Performance

Otherwise, what Marshall said.

Thanks. I'll try the maestrale, Vulcan, mercury, and the cochise. Sounds like i would ruin the tlt.

Looks like rei only carries the maestrale and the cochise. Which sucks since they take back everything i break. Any place besides evo that carries the mercury?
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel