Page 3 of 163 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    i have long arms. can i has the mountain hardwear?
    Mine are longer

Sent from my DROID4 using TGR Forums
    Snow Flake Killer

Quote Originally Posted by jfost View Post
    Hiroba is tasty, Sushi Pier was economical on Tuesdays with the Rose pass deal (not sure this year?), have not done Atlantis or ijji. I thought ijji was a Benihana-style joint?
    Ijji 2 does both sushi and the Benihana-style stuff. And I didn't take advantage of the Mt. Rose discount at Sushi Pier last year. They don't have any sushi deals listed under this year's pass perks.

While out hiking today, I could not help but think this might be the place to be next week.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1856.JPG 
Views:	863 
Size:	279.2 KB 
ID:	123188  

My sister arrive late Wednesday night, so if Friday is the day, I can be there. I know a spot that has easier access and you won't have to worry about the pesky RVers anymore.

Found it!
    Was hanging out in 11/12, wondering where everyone went...

WAY TO GO RFACE!
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

[QUOTE=AKbruin;3774236]They were prime this last weekend. May be a little past due next weekend.[/QUOTE

Thanks for reply AKB. Any real time updates from Tahoe people? Looking for beta on Aspens off 267.......want family photoshoot this weekend.
    Donjoy to the World!

Prime last weekend and past prime now. Easy to find other spots.
    Fuck those fucking motherfuckers!

http://www.unofficialalpine.com

I'm here to post in this important thread for 2012. Hope everyone had a great summer. BA is calling for a potentially big week ahead?!

I'm thinking its a lock as I have to go to Dallas nxt week for work. Sucks for me, good for the base. See you all soon.

Quote Originally Posted by lepistoir View Post
    Found it!
    Was hanging out in 11/12, wondering where everyone went...

WAY TO GO RFACE!
    Same here. Gonna go back there one last time to add a link to this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinecure View Post
    Best sous-vide? TheDad's house!
    Naah, I'm a pure neophyte. Probably PlumpJack.

Anyway, loved seeing this this morning:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012.10.20 forecast.PNG 
Views:	688 
Size:	89.5 KB 
ID:	123250  
    not counting days 2016-17

Quote Originally Posted by jfost View Post
    Hiroba is tasty, Sushi Pier was economical on Tuesdays with the Rose pass deal (not sure this year?), have not done Atlantis or ijji. I thought ijji was a Benihana-style joint?
    We do Atlantis and Ijji2 mostly. Atlantis mostly at lunch but Ijji for dinner. Ijji's dinner menus is better and more extensive plus it is a little less expensive and you can mussels included for an app. Ijji is better for a "group"
    Click. Point. Chute.

Still waiting for this morning's model runs to load, but I agree with BA on next week. Even the GFS, which has been the least bullish has a pretty good bulls eye coming down on us. No lobster claw that jump started 2010, but now I am finally stoked for snow season, and might just need to dig some gear out and get things ready.

Given the forecast I have a ton of stuff I finally have to take care of, like getting skis, boots, tires, goggles, damn!

Reno Residents: First things first, wheres the best (aka most economical) place to buy snow tires in Reno? I need shocks, too.

Also, any snow tire recommendations for a Tacoma? (I've been on Mastercraft Courser MSR, which seemed okay).
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    Given the forecast I have a ton of stuff I finally have to take care of, like getting skis, boots, tires, goggles, damn!

Reno Residents: First things first, wheres the best (aka most economical) place to buy snow tires in Reno? I need shocks, too.

Also, any snow tire recommendations for a Tacoma? (I've been on Mastercraft Courser MSR, which seemed okay).
    Couldn't be happier with the Blizzaks I picked up for my Tundra.

Firestone tire in Reno will match tirerack.com prices and even pick up the tires from the tirerack warehouse for you.
    If you french fry when you pizza you're going to have a bad time.

Quote Originally Posted by AKbruin View Post
    Yo, RF, when you get a chance, could you add IV Coffee Lab to the Incline list of places to eat/drink?
    Heh, a little slice of SF in Incline.

I'm currently drinking a damn fine espresso here right now - on par with the best I've had in SF/Berkeley.

And I also just paid $3.25 for a pathetic little spinach croissant the size of my thumb. Ouch, just like what it costs in Union Square. Like I said, a little slice of SF up here.

If Keys Cafe in SLT had espresso this good, I think I'd have my dream fantasy mountain cafe. That place is a nice little hippie outdoorsy cafe with great food, awesome smoothies, and the espresso is just decent but not kickass like IV Coffee Lab.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

I put Blizzaks on my Tacoma ('98/5-speed/single-cab) last year for ~$600 at Costco. I might have been able to do it more cost-effectively elsewhere (I don't know, I didn't shop it around), but I've been thrilled with their performance.

Also, Bobo's is doing a ski swap this weekend if anyone is looking to score cheap gear.

Washed my car this morning, bring it!

I'm in Hawaii so expect nuclear blizzard...

So Thursday may be the day. Let's see. Sister arrives 9PM in San Jose the night before. Maybe I will leave her a note, and my baby and be putting skins on early Thursday. I'll need to watch closely and be ready to use some credits.

Who's around?

Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post
    I'm in Hawaii so expect nuclear blizzard...
    I'm out for the season (acl/meniscus), so it should be epic. Get some, boys!

Also, re: tires. Check CL for used ones. I buy all of our tires used now--pennies on the dollar with just a little legwork.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

man I hope that Huckwheat got his photo shoot done today is cuz tomorrow is probably going to be kind of windy and bleak.

on another note a friend of mine was saying that every year he's been in Tahoe in the last 30 years when the cross and Pyramid Peak went bone dry during the summer the next winter was completely off the hook. The prerequisites were obtained, therefore it is likely that the prediction will verify.
    Last edited by lepistoir; 10-21-2012 at 12:43 AM.
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

It's on yall...

Sheeyit. Just read BA and trying to resist his hype, but up to 3 feet on top of the crest by Thu sounds fucking awesome. Boreal wouldn't even need to make snow to get open. I'm trying to be cautiously optimistic, and still, I sure would love it to happen. GFS shows some serious dumpage on Lassen too. I have to work Thu-Sat so no weekend fun for me, but if there's really three honest feet, I'll break out the skis Wed. Anyone else available for mid-week?

Tire Rack has a gigantic warehouse just east of Reno. It's like The Matrix, only instead of bodies as far as the eye can see, it's tires as far as the eye can see.

http://www.tirerack.com/about/nevadamap.jsp
    Customer pick-up is available at this location only on orders placed via telephone. The option is not available on orders placed via our website. To place an order via telephone, call 888-353-5082 and a member of our sales team will assist you with your purchase and finalize your order for pick-up.

It's pick up only. But conceivably you could get the tires put on the same place that you get your shocks.

Their site has articles about, and customer reviews of snow tires. The phone salespeople are actually knowledgeable.

Dooky, the firestone at the meadowwood mall always treats me great. I'll be there getting my winterforces (which have a much better snow tread vs blizzaks imho...the only 2 tires I could find in my sizes) put back on the truck Monday or Tuesday. Let's do lunch/dinner!

I'm thinking early Thursday morning for some Rose laps before work!!