Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1282
    Meadows Rolls Back Season Pass Pricing

http://www.skihood.com/Community-and-News/Meadows-Blog

The Unlimited Pass offers daily lift access from opening day through the announced closing date of April 27, 2014, one of the longest ski seasons in the country. And if the resort extends operations into the May or June time frames, the passes will continue to be honored.

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    And if the resort extends operations into the May or June time frames, the passes will continue to be honored.
    then, I rescind my "weasely" comment and look forward to buying my family's passes this year

thx for pointing that out, k2skier112

Quote Originally Posted by MadPatSki View Post
    get a flight on points for the last weekend of August/First of September to make some August and September turns. Ski Streak turns on the brink this year. Right now, that is the most reasonable option in my current situation. Any maggots going to be around?

Noticed the Breeders are playing in PDX also that weekend, so I might try to see the show also.
    Got the plane ticket on points : Ottawa-Toronto-Calgary-Portland. I could have done Ottawa-Vancouver-Portland, but I would have been cutting it too close for my liking with ski gear. Last thing I want if for the ski bag (especially that it might be my only bag) not to make it on a 4 days weekend.

Next is to find a good deal one ticket to the sold out Breeders show.

Place to sleep and maybe a car will be last.
    Ski Mad World
    A blog of MadPat's World: A History of Skiing Geography
    http://madpatski.wordpress.com

YW. I was hoping Meadows wouldn't stoop that low, like the laughable $89 day tix.

YW. I was hoping Meadows wouldn't stoop that low, like the laughable $89 day tix.
    it's not laughable when people are willing to pay that much. it was meadows way of trying to thin crowds out and it worked. there was only 2-3 days all of last season that they filled every lot, compare that to the previous year.

Quote Originally Posted by noparking View Post
    it's not laughable when people are willing to pay that much. it was meadows way of trying to thin crowds out and it worked. there was only 2-3 days all of last season that they filled every lot, compare that to the previous year.
    Guarantee we will see the return of full lots, and passholders who want to sleep in crying that they got turned around. Basically Meadows is in a lose/lose situation with all the PDX fuckheads who won't be happy no matter what they do.
    Training for Alpental

Quote Originally Posted by PhiberAwptik View Post
    Guarantee we will see the return of full lots, and passholders who want to sleep in crying that they got turned around. Basically Meadows is in a lose/lose situation with all the PDX fuckheads who won't be happy no matter what they do.
    At just 7 visits to break even for an unlimited season pass with a ~6month season, I'm not sure how MHM decides pass prices. Sure as shit they couldn't care less about how much bitching there is, parking or prices. xtal/jackson/bird and others are almost always over 10. I don't plan to fight weekend parking there but I'm sure I'll hear about it around 11am Saturdays at the bowl.
    Last edited by The SMP; 08-13-2013 at 08:59 PM.
    Your jambox is now his...by way of our actions

Quote Originally Posted by The SMP View Post
    I don't plan to fight weekend parking there but I'm sure I'll hear about it around 11am Saturdays at the bowl.
    True

Think there were only a handful of legit powder days that fell on the weekends last year as opposed to the previous year, seems like was when parking was absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by Patarero View Post
    True

Think there were only a handful of legit powder days that fell on the weekends last year as opposed to the previous years
    I think this had more to do with it than $89 tix.

IMO $89 for a MHM tix is laughable...

I already bought our passes at the end of last year, same price as this years lower price.

I will be bringing my bike with me for the Aug/Sept Palmer trip. Looking for advice on good trails in the area.
    Really want to find some that Bella can run with me.
    Thanks a lot.

Heading to Hood the day after Labor Day, then spending 2 weeks exploring the Bend area. Worth bringing skis for a climb up hood or bachelor?

Anyone know of a cheap place where to crash in Portland? Landing on Thursday evening. Leaving back to Eastern Canada on Labour Day.

I also have a friend with family (the kid has skins and she knows how to use them - she's been to Shames a few times or other places too) that will be around and leaving as I arrive. He was wondering about touring on the South side of Hood from Timberline. Any Beta for the last week of August?
    Ski Mad World
    A blog of MadPat's World: A History of Skiing Geography
    http://madpatski.wordpress.com

Any Portland mags going to McConkey?

http://www.portland5.com/newmark-the...vents/mcconkey

link shows $23.25/ticket, but it looks like 2 tickets is $50 online thru tickets west, but the ticket itself is listed at $17.25 + fees

any idea if we can avoid the tickets west charges by going to the box office directly?

spook Guest
    looks like we're checking out the timberline family pass this year. a swappable pass for $565 or a weekday only pass for $250 at timberline compared to no family pass and a $400 weekday only pass at meadows and i guess this year will manifest my long-held distaste for MHM's shitty service and overt profit first attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    link shows $23.25/ticket, but it looks like 2 tickets is $50 online thru tickets west, but the ticket itself is listed at $17.25 + fees

any idea if we can avoid the tickets west charges by going to the box office directly?
    No, just called them, Portland5 charges the 6.70 fee, only thing you'll save is the 3.00 order fee...

Quote Originally Posted by spook View Post
    looks like we're checking out the timberline family pass this year. a swappable pass for $565 or a weekday only pass for $250 at timberline compared to no family pass and a $400 weekday only pass at meadows and i guess this year will manifest my long-held distaste for MHM's shitty service and overt profit first attitude.
    My 12 year old with 3 months of skiing under her belt knows that T-line is flat and boring.
    Training for Alpental

spook Guest
    yeah, i know that much, too. if it was completely up to my interests, i'd be back at meadows, but a 2 year old is not a 12 year old and a doctoral program and full-time work complicates things further. new flat and boring is better than nothing at all and we'll still hit either whistler, bachelor or anthony lakes at some point.

Maybe old news but just discovered the potential for a tram connecting Govy and Tline:
    http://www.turns-all-year.com/skiing...?topic=29089.0

Discuss amongst your selves...

Quote Originally Posted by Patarero View Post
    Maybe old news but just discovered the potential for a tram connecting Govy and Tline:
    http://www.turns-all-year.com/skiing...?topic=29089.0

Discuss amongst your selves...
    i like the idea of this, but when you get down to thinking about it, who is it really able to serve? ...probably only folks who are already parked at a condo development in govy
    so, can it pay for itself in a reasonable amount of time? prolly not with current development

for instance, at peak loading times (beginning/ending the day), the best (implied) idea is that the tram reduces car traffic up to T-line
    but where will all those people park at the tram base?
    or, if they take public transport to Govy, how many people can a tram reasonably take up in an hour? [and with all their gear for the day?] it seems like it might be a bottleneck in actuality]

the tram brings up a lot more issues if it's promoted as a way to improve public transport

if it's just a local connection, and folks still park up at T-line, then it's much less problematic, but probably more expensive to the ticket holders

There was a public "voting" survey for these projects that closed last week. I think there were around 40 projects for mt hood that could get some federal money. I don't see how the tram would meet any of the goals of the project and I didn't vote for it.

I thought better uses of the money were setting up a ski bus loop from rhododendron to ski bowl and meadows. Also moving the mirror lake trail head to avoid the highway hike in the winter and redoing the rt26 intersections of the govy loop, ski bowl east, and tline roads. I'm not sure if the results of what would get funding have been posted yet.
    Your jambox is now his...by way of our actions

spook Guest
    a tram seems about the stupidest idea i can think of up there.

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post

No, just called them, Portland5 charges the 6.70 fee, only thing you'll save is the 3.00 order fee...
    Don't think I'll be taking the boy to see the Shane one on the big screen at that price.

But the TGR Way of Life is pretty good bang for the buck over at Wonder Ballroom. I just ordered tix for me and my son to the early show. (There will probably be better swag at the late show, but the boy can't fake being 21 for another 10 yrs or so)

What's the deal with the new expansion on east side at Bachelor? Just got an e-mail spam from Bachelor that they are adding a new lift and 600 acres?
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch