Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    that video was great. loved the editing.
    Perhaps you'd be more comfortable on epicski or Paula's Ski Lovers, AltaNancy.

That was fun....thanks. So, did you ever go back for seconds? No disrespect if not, I have some stuff that once was enough (and it probably wasn't that scary).
    Donjoy to the World!

funny as hell
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinalTap View Post
    I'm really troubled by whatever pictures the Don had to search through to arrive at that one...

but its so pretty up here....

bwahahahah
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

niceness!
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

SENT!!!!!
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Awesome due to recognition (not that I do that kind of insanity). And awesome for daring to be human on here.

Love it. Even if that wasn't certifiably gnarly, any video were I get to see the person work themselves up first is way more compelling.

Wow, pretty impressive that you were able to sack up after all the chatter from the camera guy. That jump is huge. " But it's so pretty up here". Hats off to you sir, that video is full of win.

you needed to pole slap your obnoxious camera boy
    way to send it beeeeeg

Hilarious. Thanks.

YES that was awesome.

One of the best posts on here in a while.

Way to conquer the inner voice!!!

To be totally honest... I have not gone back to hit Pyramid again. Not for any real reason. After actually committing and dropping in, I felt great. However, this video was later in the season and I just never made it up again that year.

The next year we spent over a week working with Chris Ostness, Brent Benson and others building Chad's gap for the Teddy Bear Crisis movie and the infamous T-Hall crash. ...which, btw, was totally brutal to see in person. After watching Hall splat I kind of lost interest in the Gap jumps up Grizzly Gulch. I was married had a 9-5 etc etc.

I officially made up my mind that I have nothing to gain by hitting Chad's; but, I would definitely hit Pyramid again. We'll see how this season turns out. Maybe this is the year I get my rebate.

Isnt pyramid gnarlier than chads? Doesnt it require more speed and have a smaller landing zone?

Are you just more confident with pyramid cus youve hit it before?
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Isnt pyramid gnarlier than chads? Doesnt it require more speed and have a smaller landing zone?

Are you just more confident with pyramid cus youve hit it before?
    No way... Chad's is crazy IMO. Chad's is almost 30' longer depending on where you build the kicker. We measured it around 125' during different years and builds. The LZ is very big; but, so is the actual gap. The other issue with Chad's is the in-run. It can be built from one of two main lines. Either way, it has a decent spot that always forces major compression. The in-run and direction are what make it so hard for Boarders. When Rice and the Linus brothers hit it in consecutive years, the in-run was solid. Solid as in the jump took more than a week to build. The Linus Bros hit the jump during the same session as T-Hall and Jon Olsen. We spent a week or two working on the jump and eliminating the compression on the in-run. BTW, when I say "we"... I was just a pair of hands, not the main builder.

Clearing Pyramid is not the question. You have all the space for in-run in the world. I was worried about how I was going to land. With Chad's, You actually worry about clearing it. If you do clear it, you've flown 30' - 50' further and landing wrong has got to have worse consequences. All day Friday before T-Hall crashed we kept saying he is way too close. Sure enough, buttered too hard or whatever and came up just short enough to knuckle it. Meanwhile, Jon was clearing it by 30' easy. Now days things are so big everywhere... Chad's could prolly get hit by anyone crazy enough to sack up. I flat out have nothing to gain. When pros are hitting it switch at over 50mph and throwing 9's... A father of two with a 9-5 will get nothing out of it that would outweigh the penalty of screwing it up.

Here's another vid from back in the day of one or our young friends not clearing Chad's. This is what goes through your head at the top of these in-runs... what if I don't land clean?

Thats an interesting take. I haven't hit either, but just from looking Chads looked big and scary but seemed well shaped if you cleared it, if you get the speed right it didn't seem that bad. Something about pyramid just scared the shit out of me cus it just looked shaped a bit off. One of those were the difference between not enough and too much wasn't much.

The footage of Candide's multiple failed attempts at a d spin 7 which keep ending with him slamming into the wall of the landing, followed by his final success, is legendary. Would be a good addition to this thread, I searched but didn't find it. Oh well, I'm sure you've all seen it.

Just for fun... another vid from the same season I believe. This is our buddy Kip. This shows the speed and distance of Pyramid a little better. There has been enough footage of stomped landings on these gaps over the past 10 years. So, I present another wreck for your enjoyment:

We've been digging up a lot of entertaining footage from a decade ago.

Quote Originally Posted by DeathVan View Post
    The head knocks and chest bump are classic.

Balls!
    That's what I'm thinking!

Balls Delux!

Chads looked like the hurt.
    Johnny's only sin was dispair

Funniest shit i may have ever seen on tgr!
    Reminds me of skiing with my old college crew and everyone just talking mad shit all day to each other.

AWESOME!

BiG BallS...the head slapping was classic,who hasn't done that before a sick run!
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

spook Guest
    nothing like friends like that

Way to fuckin send it man! Damn, I woulda needed another 30 days before I sent that...
    パウダーバカ!!