Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    It's a weak one.

Is there a code for the one now?

I'm hoping to find a discount code for SWA... need to get to Reno/Tahoe.
    “Money has never been my god — never.” - The Chief

Anyone have any idea if and when SW might have a similar sale for this year?

usually it goes down the same time each year, or thereabouts.

I recommend checking prices at southwest.com on a regular basis, don't count strictly on advertised sales. I find that cheap flights can often be had outside of their sales....this was the case last year for east coast to SLC. Some cheap stuff to be had right now early season east coast to Seattle

Quote Originally Posted by K2ski View Post
    Anyone have any idea if and when SW might have a similar sale for this year?
    October for sure, last year it was a bit early, previous years it was closer to Halloween.

Great. I'll post the promo if I see it.

Hopefully this goes down and is widespread. The mileage-based sales are where it is at and they infrequently happen. A sale isn't much of a sale if nothing you want is on sale or the times/dates are no good.

Took advantage of the SWA Halloween sale a couple years back and stocked up on tix to get in on some early season skiing. Sure, the condition's weren't so hot, but for the insanely cheap prices of the tickets, who cares? I had fun!

Dangit, I miss Southwest. Hands down my favorite domestic airline company. That has got to be the biggest downside of living in Montana. My airline options are VERY limited...and expensive. FML.

When the sale hits, buy tix to all sorts of random places and just make some fun weekend trips happen.

They are doing a huge sale until Thursday. Don't sit around on this one.

... and its here. Distance based this year like they used to do before last year's 40% off. Prices have gone up from the last time they ran it in October 2011, and it excludes Friday flights this time..

Travel is valid between December 4 and December 18 and between January 7 and February 12 with Friday and Sunday flights excluded.

All of that being said, still a good sale.

Quote Originally Posted by tripice351 View Post
    ... and its here. Distance based this year like they used to do before last year's 40% off. Prices have gone up from the last time they ran it in October 2011, and it excludes Friday flights this time..

Travel is valid between December 4 and December 18 and between January 7 and February 12 with Friday and Sunday flights excluded.

All of that being said, still a good sale.
    Are you implying the sale is still forthcoming? I'm seeing $330 RT from BOS to SLC and $310 from BOS to DEN...but that is nowhere near as good as last year's deals ($240 BOS to SLC, $206 BOS to SEA)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfelot View Post
    They are doing a huge sale until Thursday. Don't sit around on this one.

Hardly huge, this one's no better than the one they had last week.

Quote Originally Posted by BP Pow View Post
    Are you implying the sale is still forthcoming? I'm seeing $330 RT from BOS to SLC and $310 from BOS to DEN...but that is nowhere near as good as last year's deals ($240 BOS to SLC, $206 BOS to SEA)
    The current sale is not that great. Many prices are only $5-$10 cheaper than they were yesterday, and some are unchanged. I would not consider this to be the fire-sale people in this thread are looking for. I would look for something better in the coming weeks........and as always the current sale prices could be the "new normal" and we don't get anything better.

Don't forget, with SWA you can always get a credit or points refunded if the fare pops up for less in the future. Or if you cancel all together you get a full credit or all your points credited back. You don't even have to lie about it, and it can be done online in about 5 minutes. When sales go down I usually book two return flights.........just in case it is nuking and I can't leave. Came in very handy last year, twice.

If you really want to take advantage of Southwest. The Southwest 50k bonus credit cards offer serious free travel. and the Companion Pass is the ultimate.

http://millionmilesecrets.com/2013/0...ompanion-pass/

Looks like SW just announced it today. Super weak sale though compared to years past. You don't get the deal if you fly out on a Friday or Sunday and it's tiered by how far you fly (e.g. 0-500mi $49/one way, 500-1000 $100/one way, etc)

$150 one way from nyc or boston to denver

Is there a code? Prices from SLC to CHI seem to be about the same as always.

October is getting pretty skinny...still no sign of the big sale. Maybe the are waiting until late in the month this year....fingers crossed

I believe the sale is on. "Snow My Goodness" is what they are calling it. It's not very impressive (in my case anyway), but I can't imagine that this isn't the sale that has been previously mentioned.

Yep. Spoke too soon. I'm guessing this is it. Not bad but not life altering either....

Vets is offline Orange Mocha Frappuccino!
    Booked a flight for a January Utah trip.
    Let it snow!