Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New to SLC

New to SLC

Moved to SLC in May from Indianapolis...Took a job in Indy for a few years, finally got permission to telecommute and came back to the mountains...Looking for friends to ski and climb with...contact me for an outing or advice on how to plug into the community. Thanks.

I too am new to SLC. Been in Utah last two seasons at Powder Mountain, but now live in Salt Lake and looking to tour the Wasatch this winter. Ive done a fair amount of touring in LCC and BCC, but havent always had partners. Would love to get out and ski. Hit me up...

--Andy

PM Rontele. He's a bc skier and a great mentor in the SLC area.

Thanks concretejungle.....will do.

I'm also new to Utah, and looking for skiing and climbing partners. Unfortunately, I also don't even live in SLC, but out in the Uintah Basin. But I'll drive in for the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    PM Rontele. He's a bc skier and a great mentor in the SLC area.
    Ya dood Rontele rips, I PM him all the time for tours. Solid mag. Hit him up, he'll show you the ropes...
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinalTap View Post
    I'm really troubled by whatever pictures the Don had to search through to arrive at that one...

Spiderzak...I will be in touch or pm me if you're planning on an slc weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    Ya dood Rontele rips, I PM him all the time for tours. Solid mag. Hit him up, he'll show you the ropes...
    He also owns a couple sleds and rides over in the Uintas all the time. Get it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Be careful. UTARDS are better than everyone. ...or at least many think they are...
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Hey everyone, I've recently moved back to SLC and am looking for skiing and climbing partners also. Anyone want to go ski something tomorrow?

I'm a little gimpy right now and probably won't be skiing for a little while but I plan on touring a lot this year and would be stoked to meet some new people to wander around the mountains with. I am a semi normal. PM if you want to ski anyone.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

thanks to pvars for digging me out of the 60 inches of quicksand/I went for a big 1st turn and got eaten by the snow god......hail Ullr
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

I've been in SLC a few years, but just getting into touring. Started a Level 1 course, and I've probably been out about a dozen times. I can go today if anyone is available. PM me anytime.

Anybody up for a Sunday (01/13/2013) tour? Should be sweet with the Thur-Sat 10-20 inch fresh.

I'm going to be in SLC this weekend- would love to have someone to do some touring with, and/or resort laps. 518-817-8884.

I'm up at the bird almost ever weekend (sit at a damn desk during the week). Feel free to PM me if anyone ever wants to take some laps

Will be in SLC for skiing from Sun-Thurs with option for Fri/Sat if there is snow. I have touring gear/experience since its looking like a nice high pressure system I'd love to get out of the resorts a bit since and I'm guessing the snow is going to stabilize in the next few days.
    I wear crocs for the style, not the comfort.

I'll be at Alta from Fri 1/25 - Sun 1/27. Looking to trade Apres beers for a quick tour around the not so obvious sections of the resort.. This is my first time in Utah, so any help is appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I'm a little gimpy right now and probably won't be skiing for a little while but I plan on touring a lot this year and would be stoked to meet some new people to wander around the mountains with. I am a semi normal. PM if you want to ski anyone.
    Leroy, douche your box!

Just moved to SLC on Saturday. No pass yet. Anyone wanna go for a mellow your tomorrow morning?

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Leroy, douche your box!
    Also new to SLC. Just moved out saturday. Looking to go for a tour tomorrow if anyone wants to stroll around in the mountains with an ECJong.

Quote Originally Posted by chatton18 View Post
    Will be in SLC for skiing from Sun-Thurs with option for Fri/Sat if there is snow. I have touring gear/experience since its looking like a nice high pressure system I'd love to get out of the resorts a bit since and I'm guessing the snow is going to stabilize in the next few days.
    Colin was a solid mag. Made some turns at the bird. Another missed storm cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchool1080s View Post
    Colin was a solid mag. Made some turns at the bird. Another missed storm cycle.
    Thanks to Andrew and Z for making some turns with me at alta and snowbird. Both are good guys and skiers, although andrew's gf seems to have a skewed perception of what big is.

props to her for stepping up and hitting her first drop into some super variable terrain
    I wear crocs for the style, not the comfort.

I just moved to SLC as well. Have a bird pass if anyone wants to head up there sometime or Alta. Also looking for folks to BC with.

Quote Originally Posted by tBatt View Post
    Leroy, douche your box!
    Also new to SLC. Just moved out saturday. Looking to go for a tour tomorrow if anyone wants to stroll around in the mountains with an ECJong.
    Box douched, I'll send ya a pm, and bump this thread.

I'm still a bit gimpy, but am back on skis. All I've done so far is skin up alta's summer road and rip the groomers but I ripped the shit out of them so far. I'm progressing quickly now. Probably within a week I'll be doing some actually touring, albiet mellow at first. Anyone feels like just strolling around the mountains hit me up.

Oh, it looks like by the end of the month we should have a full moon and rise/set times that will be conducive to moonlit night tours if there isn't cloud cover. I plan on getting out for a few nights if anyone is interested.
    Last edited by leroy jenkins; 02-06-2013 at 10:37 AM.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Quote Originally Posted by chatton18 View Post
    although andrew's gf seems to have a skewed perception of what big is.

props to her for stepping up and hitting her first drop into some super variable terrain
    This tends to work out well for me lol