Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New to SLC

I'm jealous of you all and miss SLC. That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Box douched, I'll send ya a pm, and bump this thread.

I'm still a bit gimpy, but am back on skis. All I've done so far is skin up alta's summer road and rip the groomers but I ripped the shit out of them so far. I'm progressing quickly now. Probably within a week I'll be doing some actually touring, albiet mellow at first. Anyone feels like just strolling around the mountains hit me up.

Oh, it looks like by the end of the month we should have a full moon and rise/set times that will be conducive to moonlit night tours if there isn't cloud cover. I plan on getting out for a few nights if anyone is interested.
    Mellow enough for a jong? I can decently ski; I have all the gear but no experience in the backcountry. Just moved into town and was hoping to make a slow start into the bc. I was told I should start skinning around summer road.

Gonna be stupid sunny Saturday at the bird... If anyone will be sippin suds on the tram deck, let me know...

Would love to get to snowbird tomorrow, I'm currently up in park city without a car. I'll be at the canyons tomorrow if I don't end up finding a ride. Ht me up with a PM if you're interested in meeting up. Cheers

Bumping an old thread.

I've recently moved from the PNW area to SLC, (W Jordan at the moment). A bit overwhelmed by all the touring options here! I'm in my 30's and have beacon/av1 and lots of touring experience. Already hit Reynolds Peak solo last week and could see there's tons of great stuff.

Looking to hit something in BCC on Sat, and maybe something this Thursday as well. Interested?

Thanks,

Ben N.

Quote Originally Posted by Plinko View Post
    Bumping an old thread.

I've recently moved from the PNW area to SLC, (W Jordan at the moment). A bit overwhelmed by all the touring options here! I'm in my 30's and have beacon/av1 and lots of touring experience. Already hit Reynolds Peak solo last week and could see there's tons of great stuff.

Looking to hit something in BCC on Sat, and maybe something this Thursday as well. Interested?

Thanks,

Ben N.
    well I'll try a third time in two days since two threads were started yesterday about this same thing. I'll be touring this weekend. I'd like to meet some more people to tour with. Wouldn't mind a dawn patrol this week too. Let me know if you're interested. Been here for 4 years, this is my 3rd season splitboarding; been snowboarding since '99.

Ryan, pm sent.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan14410 View Post
    well I'll try a third time in two days since two threads were started yesterday about this same thing. I'll be touring this weekend. I'd like to meet some more people to tour with. Wouldn't mind a dawn patrol this week too. Let me know if you're interested. Been here for 4 years, this is my 3rd season splitboarding; been snowboarding since '99.

Hey Ryan....I'll be out in SLC from next mon evening through thursday afternoon. Any chance you'd be down for a dawn patrol any of those mornings? Unfortunately Im only in town for basically 3 days and have class all three days before my GF flys in and we head to Park City for some inbounds fun for her. Need to try and hit up some BC. Dont feel like going alone as I've never been to the area.

Or anyone thats down for a dawn patrol between the 17th- 20th hit me up.