Page 54 of 58 FirstFirst ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 1447
    Quote Originally Posted by icelanticskier View Post
    hey bobby and nph, where you taking rog?

rog
    I will be caboosing with whomever will tour with me - these folks can climb...you will fit right in the steep ass skin/boot/track. Just hoping to hold the back together for couple weeks on snow. T line will be nice re entry to world we lost on EC a month+ ago...
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

"How long can it last? For fuck sake this isn't heroin -
    suck it up princess" - XXX on getting off mj

“This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man

so long as yous guys promise me good snow. none of this frozen to good to mank shit.

any good road side skiing? i sometimes get very nervous in a car when i see unskied snow. pivotskidfishbum thinks i couldn't hang in lcc or bcc. little did he know all of the 1st descents were in the valley.

skiing. folks take it WAY too cerealously http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s79iDKCiG_w

rog

Clan Tartsnatcher will be there Saturday for lift serve close. Was considering Sunday, but it looks lie T-storms likely which would nix the gondy.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

The maiden and I will be at the hill tomorrow and maybe Sunday.

I'm in shock after just cutting my 3-years-in-the-making viking locks into a gigantic 2-foot mohawk. Hope the elmer's holds! Hoo!

-S

6/15/13 – Another DAMN Fine spring day riding Green Valley at Crystal. Morning line up was not too heavy, and the GV chair was a mere 5-10 minute waits. Snow was nicely carvable with only a handful of suck spots. Getting thin out there though – Elk to Huckleberry high line ended with a mandatory 30 step dance across the dirt to finish getting out. Definitely going to be the final days this weekend with even the GV bowl traverse rockin’ out by midday. Great showing of HI shirts today made for fun people watching.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HI Shirts.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	132.6 KB 
ID:	138802

The single most popular ski was PMGear Bros as evidenced here:

Name:	Bros.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	133.5 KB 
ID:	138803
    Last edited by TomK; 06-15-2013 at 05:47 PM.
    Good runs when you get them.

Big fun smooshing around in the sunny guanch with my boy off limited Groin Valley. Good laps with oftpiste, -h-, M@, FlowingAlpie, JT and even ran into Scotsman and his loinfruit as well as Norseman and Jen. Snorting Elk was patchy extending the definition of 'off piste' into 'on mud'. But bumps were slayed and sun absorbed. The old 120 Lotae still deliver the fun launches from turn to turn.

Sorry to see lift served go but we did get 7 months and there's a ton more touring to be had and even Hood if the lift is required.

All the love and madness until next year peeps.

Yurp:incoming.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Took my new split out to mine the last of the goods on Silver. Weather was nice, summit beers were nicer

It's gonna be tough for Solstice though

Vesper went great yesterday. The ski down Headlee Pass was exhilarating, as usual. Saw three other groups of skiers. Snow down to bottom of Wirtz Basin. Stream crossings are not too bad.

Overdosed on fun yesterday and slept through this morning's services at the southern resort

Guess I'll see some of you on Friday for some solstice turns, as for the rest of you, have a good summer and we'll meet again to re-occupy the chairlifts when the snow falls

the halo

tracks.

god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

Name:	P1090715.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	1.59 MB 
ID:	138817

Gullies off Snort was good yesterday. Where to now? Quick hits on Ranier and the other valcanos me thinks now.

The Roman Wall held quality today. 1K below that on the Squak was, you know, summery.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1371452089.282797.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	233.9 KB 
ID:	138821

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    The maiden and I will be at the hill tomorrow and maybe Sunday.

I'm in shock after just cutting my 3-years-in-the-making viking locks into a gigantic 2-foot mohawk. Hope the elmer's holds! Hoo!

-S
    Well, it is summer and all.

Thanks returned for the turns; no probs on dish duty... glad to have made at least a small contribution to the excellent evening. Treats in the works for the solstice.

Sorry to report that the plake-'do has been shorn! I don't have the patience for styling that shit all the time. It was worth a shot.

saw you shredding grubstake bumps saturday norseman, but you were to fast for me.

Thanks returned for the turns; no probs on dish duty... glad to have made at least a small contribution to the excellent evening. Treats in the works for the solstice.

Sorry to report that the plake-'do has been shorn! I don't have the patience for styling that shit all the time. It was worth a shot.

Good times rolling with you and the gal, hit me with a PM regarding end of week.

Let's get a PNW summit at Stevens for some lift-served DH bike action. Not getting much traction elsewhere (ahem).

6/28-30 or 7/6-7?

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    Let's get a PNW summit at Stevens for some lift-served DH bike action. Not getting much traction elsewhere (ahem).

6/28-30 or 7/6-7?
    Who are you, and what is this DH bike you speak of?

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    6/28-30
    Sunrise road opening clash.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Hello PNW mags! I'm in Bend right now, waiting for bad weather to pass over. I'm in the PNW through Saturday and considering heading north. I am partnerless (ski partner had to go home) and looking for someone to ski with! Anyone skiing? Can I tag along?
    -
    14erskiers.com

"Don't be afraid of the spaces between your dreams and reality. If you can dream it, you can make it so." - Belva Davis

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle"--Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbikerskierchick View Post
    Hello PNW mags! I'm in Bend right now, waiting for bad weather to pass over. I'm in the PNW through Saturday and considering heading north. I am partnerless (ski partner had to go home) and looking for someone to ski with! Anyone skiing? Can I tag along?
    I’m not skiing this weekend and I’m not sure it is worth the six hour drive. After an unseasonably sunny June, it appears that the gloom has returned, with Saturday being the only decent day this weekend (partly sunny). The Solstice party was a gas last year.
    The trumpet scatters its awful sound Over the graves of all lands Summoning all before the throne

Death and mankind shall be stunned When Nature arises To give account before the Judge

Hey guys proud to say that Hummel and I pulled off The American Alps Traverse from Highway 20 to Glacier Peak over 16 days.

Writing up a proper TR will take some time but here is a brief writeup.

Shameless spam: Trip reports and Gear reviews and if you want to support what I do follow me on Instagram @KyleMiller411

That is a big-ass traverse, indeed. Well done!

You guys are Killin it with a Kapital K.

Yo, somebody ski something with me this weekend. Baker? Rain-dog? Cascade Pass? Anyone? Bueller?

Heading to Baker tonight or early tomorrow for a leasurely slog via Easton if you're interested. PM me for deets