Dalbello Boss Boot

Anyone ski it? I have a feeling it's more of an intermediate boot, but the width looks great for my foot (103mm). Dalbello site says you can stiffen to a 110 flex. I'm in Solly Impact 110's right now and they do the trick, but have always liked the 3 buckle Full Tilt/Dalbello design but they have never fit my feet (too narrow with too low of an instep)....
    Martha's just polishing the brass on the Titanic....

This the cheap-intermediate step down from the Krypton Rampage. Different mold, made softer and wider.

If you have a fatty foot that doesn't fit in FT or Krytpon, you might find that adding intuition liners and booster straps will finally allow you to fit into a 3-buckle boot.

I have a foot that's that wide in front, 98 mm last Dalbello's can be made to work by a good fitter. But new K's have Scorpion last, far more anatomical, so may require fewer mods. Think Il Moro has the new last also.

Il Moro has the old last, aka a tube.

The boss is a great boot for many of your giant footed guys who want a stiffer boot than most of the other 103mm+ boots out there. It is by no means a high performance boot however. The plastic is significantly softer, and the boot looses the precision energy transfer that some skiers will want. If all you ski is park, powder or just cruise around you will be fine, otherwise you will find that it skis 'sluggish.' There is a reason it is a $500 boot with an intuition liner.

If you really want performance out of your boot, you are likely to be more rewarded by going to your local guy with a nice bottle of wine (or QUALITY six pack (pbr really won't cut it) and ask them to work a pair of higher quality 100mm or 98mm boots around your foot.

Just my 2¢.

Thx. There's really nothing wrong with my Solly's but I just miss the Flexon middle buckle heel lock. I had some old Flexon Slalom boots many years ago (a lower cuff bastard child of the original) that fit me just right. I tried Full Tilts for a half a season a few years back but just couldn't get them to feel good. I always ended the day in pain even after numerous trips to a bootfitter....I might give the Kr2's a shot as I can get a pretty good deal on 'em.
    Martha's just polishing the brass on the Titanic....

I've only tried these on in a shop. This is a really high volume boot, Very comfy and easy to get on, too wide for my foot. If you have a MONSTER foot and don't want to pay a boot fitter, and don't mind a little less performance out of you boots. They would be great. Dalbello's are always a good value.

How is the fit of the Boss compared to the Axion? I liked the Axion because of its high instep.