Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    As for the origin of the name, that really isn't terribly relevant
    if you want to be offended by something the origin isn't relevant? jesus you excel at being the lawyer on the internet typing out paragraphs of stupid bullshit. Only some little shitstain could parse why "redskin" is more offensive than "chief" or "brave" or any another racist caricature. Stanford ditched Indians as their mascot 40+ years ago, this isn't "new", just more blah blah blah blah blah

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    yankee/yanqui certainly does. but carry on jeopardy
    I've never heard it in a racial context, but since you're the expert on everything I should defer to you.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I've never heard it in a racial context, but since you're the expert on everything I should defer to you.
    well, if you've never heard it than it must not be so. sorry to be treading on your "official master of trivia" toes jeopardy.

you don't call black dudes, or asian dudes, or latinos, or anyone but white people "yankees"

I know it's been asked before, but why do insist on being such a jack ass every fucking day, Hugh?

you don't call black dudes, or asian dudes, or latinos, or anyone but white people "yankees"
    You do if you're from Essex

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by commonlaw View Post
    if you are basing your worldview on the pillow talk of essex girls, much is explained.

funny AD, I think of jackass often to describe your comments.

much is explained.
    Horseshit. You had me pegged from day 1.

well, if you've never heard it than it must not be so. sorry to be treading on your "official master of trivia" toes jeopardy.

Actually,if you are in a terd world country and dont like americans, you do call niggers,slope heads,and spics "yankees"
    picador

I'll go with the Atlanta Coloreds, Seattle Yellow Devils or San Diego Wetbacks for $1000 please, Alex.

I'm a life-long Skins fan and I say change the fucking name already. If they changed it to the Warriors they could keep the logo.

Quote Originally Posted by commonlaw View Post
    Hey..... that's uncalled for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

If you're in New England, "Yankee" has a very specific connotation (not talking about the baseball team). The people we call "yankees" are white but certainly they are a subgroup except in parts of the hinterlands.

Sort of the anti Redskin.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Sort of the anti Redskin.
    Well they weren't in favor of them back in the day, no.

Hugh Conway Guest
    well, we'll need to call in the other tgr experts to get an opinion on whether that level of offensiveness rises to the level of actually offensive and whether the "socalled" terms are actually correct.

imo they just call blacks, asians, etc. whatever particular racial slur they have for blacks, asians or etc. not "yankee". but I'm not in the top-100 of skiers here nor do I carefully think through all these posts for 15 minutes so they'll reflect properly on my personal brand, ergo my opinion is worth jack shit, just the way I fucking like it.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Well they weren't in favor of them back in the day, no.
    They sure liked their food tho - Turkeys, Potatoes, Cranberries, and corn, ayuh?

well, we'll need to call in the other tgr experts to get an opinion on whether that level of offensiveness rises to the level of actually offensive and whether the "socalled" terms are actually correct.

imo they just call blacks, asians, etc. whatever particular racial slur they have for blacks, asians or etc. not "yankee". but I'm not in the top-100 of skiers here nor do I carefully think through all these posts for 15 minutes so they'll reflect properly on my personal brand, ergo my opinion is worth jack shit, just the way I fucking like it.
    You are so never going to be bro-brah core with that attitude. Way to ruin your brand.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    I'll go with the Atlanta Coloreds, Seattle Yellow Devils or San Diego Wetbacks for $1000 please, Alex.

I'm a life-long Skins fan and I say change the fucking name already. If they changed it to the Warriors they could keep the logo.
    Marquette was pressured years ago by the tribes and changed their name from Warriors to the Golden Eagles.

Originally they were honoring the Indians that bravely guided Father Marquette who settled the area. Somehow over the years the HONOR got lost and offensive.

The Redskins were originally from Boston (as were the now-Atlanta Braves). A story I heard a long time ago is that both teams were actually named in honor of the Boston Tea Party participants, who dressed as Indians for the Tea Party (they did). So the names were actually an homage to the first generation of True American Patriots, and had basically nothing to do with Indians at all. Who can be against True American Patriots???

HEY YOU FREAKING IDIOTS !

Not sure if someone else brought up the point in this thread by the govt. just put the country on notice that they can cancel patents at will.

For all you aspiring next facebook inventors and all those seeking to employed by innovative, your future just got a lot tougher if the govt seems fit to do it.

Glad we made the 10% of the indian population feel better about it that wanted it changed at the potential costs of a lots of job development, but this is the country we live in now.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

yeah we're the idiots. how can you bitch about patents when you obviously don't even know what the fuck one is?
    Last edited by iceman; 06-19-2014 at 09:37 PM.

Hugh Conway Guest
    wow, the government can strong arm people with patents? better talk to the Wright Brothers.

Richard Pryor and Chevy Chase, Word association

That's a patently silly statement Skicougar.

The government is a benevolent entity.

You copy that, right?

Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    HEY YOU FREAKING IDIOTS !

Not sure if someone else brought up the point in this thread by the govt. just put the country on notice that they can cancel patents at will.

For all you aspiring next facebook inventors and all those seeking to employed by innovative, your future just got a lot tougher if the govt seems fit to do it.

Glad we made the 10% of the indian population feel better about it that wanted it changed at the potential costs of a lots of job development, but this is the country we live in now.
    Hey, he heard it on Breitbart it must be true.

Sent from my VS980 4G using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Hey, some white chick from Wellesley posted a blog on how you're all racists on Huffpo, it must be true.

Sent from my VS980 4G using TGR Forums