Page 159 of 419 FirstFirst ... 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 ... LastLast
Results 3,951 to 3,975 of 10468
    So yeah, plattekill is fkn awesome! Really fun place, totally glad I went. Just like everybody has told me- legit pitch and great fall line without all the people. Met Harvey too, fun guy. Going to have to start takin' saltpeter now though with the Worth Day at MSB next weekend and all. I hear I may get to molest the shit out of my new magics and it's got me a little moist, not gonna lie!

Check these bad Larrys out fer cryin' out loud!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1357524552.232332.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	112.9 KB 
ID:	129695

:drool:
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Great weekend in south central VT. GetAmped, nice to meet ya, and sorry I'm only just making the connection as to who you are and what you've been through. Psyched to see you out there and look forward to buying you a beer the next time I see the Worths on the deck.

Fun time getting some xc miles in the Ludlow valley today. Anyone have an opinion regarding Viking Nordic? Figure a couple hours there after a morning at Magic might be the perfect day...

As far as snow goes, cover in the woods, would conditions be better at Plattekill or Berkshire East?
    Ski The East

Quote Originally Posted by Bottleman View Post
    Amazing how the simple action of putting one foot in front of the other (again and again...)

It's really just that simple

...Felt like I was transported to another world
    Sure that wasn't the rye? But yea, that's what we're going for

Another great day tromping about, snow really doesn't get much better than it is now.

I hear mouse traps, especially of the french variety, are good for breaking trail.

Earn it, boys and girls. That's what makes it worth it.

Getting high

Non mag buddy Jorge

GIT SUM!!!!!

Weasel-sis. Love me some pink.

We keep finding ourselves in places that are just too tight to ski

Non mag K lovin it.

Bottles, doin their thang. And yes, she skis harder than him hahaha.

We ain't the only ones out here

Addit:
    BD, the lack of page toppers disturbs me.
    Last edited by akokskis; 01-06-2013 at 09:00 PM.
    go Go GO!

23-24: 36. 22-23: 56. 21-22: ?. 20-21: 10+?. 19-20: 79. 18-19: 86! 17-18: 80. 16-17: 56. 15-16: 40. 14-15: 33. 13-14: 56ish. 12-13: 51. 11-12: 65. 10-11: 69. 09-10: 65.

Here's the photo's from Jay on Sat, one of the better days for me this season thus far.

I think my brother just JIHP it's so good.

Are those hardwoods? GROSS.

Here a slash,

There a slash,

Everywhere a slash!

High Fives to all, so much stoke the few pages!

Weasel, drew, bottle, akok, swede.... stokin pics all, thanks! Looks like we are in a good wintry moment now.

sent by electrons

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    You might want to throw some snow in the u-haul... going on two weeks with nothing new.

Of course that means it's due for a storm soon... Better hurry up.
    Uhaul? I'm in a two door civic haha.
    I think the patterns are supposed to change shortly after I get there.

Quote Originally Posted by biggins View Post

Fun time getting some xc miles in the Ludlow valley today. Anyone have an opinion regarding Viking Nordic? Figure a couple hours there after a morning at Magic might be the perfect day...
    i love that place, old school awesomness.
    it's a little tight for full on skate lanes, but for classic, it rawks.
    not that they don't groom for skate, they do, it's just much tighter.
    the old lodge alone, is worth making the drive back there.
    cool place.

excellent TOP, akok.
    i was at that show, as were many other Mags, killer second set opener
    everyone was screaming when they saw the lump!
    crab in my shoe mouth

damn....

How does this week's weather look for the Stowe/Smuggs area?

Thinking of taking next Monday/tuesday off from work and heading out there Late Friday.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    We can tell you think you're awesome- it's pretty obvious. I love it when you try to convince us all too, It's like a tripped out Willy Wonka boat trip across the galaxy of fail you call an existence and it is indeed awesome to watch. I mean, your fail is so dense it has become a "black hole of fail" that has a gravitational pull strong enough to attract the fail of others, hence the "dating sucks" thread scenario.

Happy Birthday Rog. What are you going to do now that you are old?

10 more morans lost at killy over the weekend.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by krp8128 View Post

Thinking of taking next Monday/tuesday off from work and heading out there Late Friday.
    Link to 7 day, could change.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Multiglisse is emerging from a long hibernation. All this stoke is setting my expectations very high, especially Swede's pics. I'll be skiing inbounds on the leftovers at Jay tomorrow, Wednesday and Thursday, whatever the weather is. Look for the greybeard, bright red jacket, grey pants, helmet stickers that advise you to "use your head."
    "... Enjoy yourselves, keep your brain in your head and your head firmly attached to your body, the body active and alive, and I promise you this much: I promise you this one sweet victory over our enemies, over those deskbound people with their hearts in a safe deposit box and their eyes hypnotized by desk calculators. I promise you this: you will outlive the bastards." – Edward Abbey

Support Hinterlandian backcountry skiing: wwhsta.org

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Happy Birthday Rog. What are you going to do now that you are old?
    thanx! b-day is actually tomorrow. hmmm, what to do now that i'm old.......well for starters i let austin break trail up the whole upper half of lobstah claw in tux yesterday. woke up sore today. too sore to go back up. doesn't help that yesterday was my 1st time skinning/climbing this season and with close to 6k climbing in a less than 6 hr tour in sometimes spirit breaking weather conditions, i probably should be sore.......at 40

will go schralp pow pow local on da skinnies today.

so stoked on george tho. will return in the coming days. cold windy winter steeps are addicting

rog

Quote Originally Posted by krp8128 View Post

Keep checking this link, mountain activity is different than the valleys most times.

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/btv/mountain.../MANSFIELD.txt

Nice work all on the stoke. and great score ak and crew!

Looks like a few inches overnight should spice up the BC a bit.

Great weekend in south central VT. GetAmped, nice to meet ya, and sorry I'm only just making the connection as to who you are and what you've been through. Psyched to see you out there and look forward to buying you a beer the next time I see the Worths on the deck.

Nice to meet you too. Have to put a hold on that beer for a couple of years though; with any luck I'll be able to have one now and then for the 2015-2016 season.

My ladyfriend really likes Viking. It's been one way to get her to come up into the mountains with me a couple of times during the winter. I'm hoping that her recent plantar fasciitis flare-up subsides and she can get out more.

Apparently no one is interested in skiing at Plattekill for $10 this Friday. Looking forward to it myself...
    If it's too loud, you're too old

fucking drew

post tour moat fest for beers/burgers. the boyz were nice nuff to take care of the bill while the waitress took care of me with a nice lil b-day treat. i still got it!!!

love all the pow stoke vt style coming through!!!

rog

Anyone have an opinion regarding Viking Nordic? Figure a couple hours there after a morning at Magic might be the perfect day...
    Malcolm and Dana are great. As buttah said, the trails are mostly in woods so it's not groomed to FIS standards, but we mostly skate there. The trails should get firmed up with a little warmth this week and then when they refreeze - yummy for skating! For classic, I prefer Wild Wings in Peru.

Oh and there aren't too many touring centers that don't have that 'old school' feeling (aside from those at golf courses) - see discussions regarding the October storm chasers in WV.

Quote Originally Posted by icelanticskier View Post
    fucking drew

post tour moat fest for beers/burgers. the boyz were nice nuff to take care of the bill while the waitress took care of me with a nice lil b-day treat. i still got it!!!

rog
    Happy Bday Rog! You old fart. All down hill from here. Haha. Enjoy!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using TGR Forums
    The Passion is in the Risk

Quote Originally Posted by akokskis View Post
    It's really just that simple

Sure that wasn't the rye? But yea, that's what we're going for

Another great day tromping about, snow really doesn't get much better than it is now.

I hear mouse traps, especially of the french variety, are good for breaking trail.

Earn it, boys and girls. That's what makes it worth it.

Getting high

Non mag buddy Jorge

GIT SUM!!!!!

Weasel-sis. Love me some pink.

We keep finding ourselves in places that are just too tight to ski

Non mag K lovin it.

Bottles, doin their thang. And yes, she skis harder than him hahaha.

We ain't the only ones out here

Reliving it in the old brain once again this morning. Too good for words!!!!

Reliving it in the old brain once again this morning. Too good for words!!!!
    And in the legs too, I hope
    Last edited by akokskis; 01-07-2013 at 07:29 AM.
    go Go GO!

23-24: 36. 22-23: 56. 21-22: ?. 20-21: 10+?. 19-20: 79. 18-19: 86! 17-18: 80. 16-17: 56. 15-16: 40. 14-15: 33. 13-14: 56ish. 12-13: 51. 11-12: 65. 10-11: 69. 09-10: 65.

Shot of the dude with the steeziest helmet on the Hill.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Granville2013I.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	182.5 KB 
ID:	129715

First time at Big Jay yesterday. Drove from Boston around 5, started skinning from Long Trail lot at 9:30. Longer skin than expected - very enjoyable though. The goods were gotten but as soon as we got on the cat track back to 242 we realized if we dropped in further skier's right at the top we would have gotten into some serious goods. Great experience, lesson learned though! Definitely going back this year.

Quote Originally Posted by BP Pow View Post
    Love this shot, nice stoke, BP!
    "I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."- Alan Greenspan

spam alert

any NYC mags interested in seeing Dirty Projectors at Carnegie Hall this Friday? its looking like i cannot go. i got prime seats. not the cheapest but not outrageous either. i will swallow the fees, just trying to get face value back. PM me, it will be a memorable show.