Page 291 of 419 FirstFirst ... 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 ... LastLast
Results 7,251 to 7,275 of 10468
    played in some slush after work.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1362793712.845536.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	178.3 KB 
ID:	134304

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1362793796.148410.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	110.3 KB 
ID:	134305

Platty was great Woods skied so well. Deep drifts best day at platty in awhile. Thanks to ml and the boys for the trail work .

Quote Originally Posted by crank54 View Post
    OK, abandoning ideas of BC tomorrow - how about some spring resort skiing somewhere (closer than Jay)?
    your pm box was full.

yeah we are doing Jay with a quick tour in the pm after the crowds go nuts.
    A woman reported to police at 6:30 p.m. that she was being "smart-mouthed."

Weekend is full of greatness. Watching my buddy get married tomorrow then two-stepping my way on the dance floor to victory all night.

Cannon in the AM on Sunday. I'll bring a camera and take some shots of things across the street for interested parties.

Night skiing the local hill FTW. Plenty of boot top leftovers and cut up pow in 650' ft doses.

as has been discussed in previous paqes here. lots of fucked up layers as i mentioned from tuesday, thin up high for this time of year (short spring). cold to hot warnings for tomorrow.

read:

http://www.mountwashingtonavalanchec...arch-9th-10th/

bring yer sunscreen and shades. and stay off sunny aspects and save the canvas for sundays smooth quasi corn farming

night

rog

Fack I can't get to Platty till Sunday.

I am glad to hear people are enjoying the lines though. It's not magic yet, but maybe one day. There are definitely some steep cliffy zones that could use some attention first.

Also fwiw, no one has spent more time cleaning up there than this NS'er named jtl. Super nice kid. His girlfriend rocks too. She should post here.

Great looking zone today, TC.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Man, I have spent too much time shoveling 10 inches of wet snow my arms are tired. Hockey time and then watch SU beat Georgetown.

Let's Go Orange.

Who's He.

So What.

Big Deal.

Go Home.

Big SHIT....
    Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.

Quote Originally Posted by icelanticskier View Post
    as has been discussed in previous paqes here. lots of fucked up layers as i mentioned from tuesday, thin up high for this time of year (short spring). cold to hot warnings for tomorrow.

read:

http://www.mountwashingtonavalanchec...arch-9th-10th/

bring yer sunscreen and shades. and stay off sunny aspects and save the canvas for sundays smooth quasi corn farming

night

rog
    Thanks, I was looking for that. Eagerly awaiting what they'll say in tomorrow's report, trying to figure out a game plan for sunday.
    No kick turns
    No mercy

sunday? hopefully the sun is back out in full force after this evenings cold crispy town.

here:

http://www.mountwashingtonavalanchec...ngton-ravines/

maybe high north will stay cool nuff to not matter, but with the ambient air temps being as warm as they already are, i wouldn't bet on it............maybe

rog

Jeebus it's gorgeous. Out at Platty teaching the gf's kids to ski and it's more like being on the beach

Forgot how much I enjoy spring skiing! (I always do).
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

I knew I should have went up today. Took a lil CC tour yesterday, glad i did its all gone now. I hope tomm is just as good, Ill be at platty, DW you sticking around for another learning day? Minus the storms this is the best part of ski season.

I'll be at Platty tomorrow if anyone wants to meet up - Bright green Patagonia. PM me if you're heading that way.

Thanks to buttahflake the the doods at the totem pole! Wicked stoked on mah new f12s. Fun day in the sun slinging demos at Slokemo... We'll be at MRG next saturday, if ya'll are interested.

Back at it for some real skiing tomorrow at the bowl. Stoked for more fun in the sun. Gotta make sure to hit the beer store tonight though, it's gonna be that kind of day without question.
    go Go GO!

23-24: 63. 22-23: 56. 21-22: ?. 20-21: 10+?. 19-20: 79. 18-19: 86! 17-18: 80. 16-17: 56. 15-16: 40. 14-15: 33. 13-14: 56ish. 12-13: 51. 11-12: 65. 10-11: 69. 09-10: 65.

Quote Originally Posted by NmbrdDays View Post
    I knew I should have went up today. Took a lil CC tour yesterday, glad i did its all gone now. I hope tomm is just as good, Ill be at platty, DW you sticking around for another learning day? Minus the storms this is the best part of ski season.

We were talking about it, and I'd like to. No kids tomorrow though so might be able to let my hair down too. Hit me with a PM and let me know your number and we can keep in touch
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Mr Worldwide - like Pitbull with a better vocabulary
    I have 3 SkiVt passes left and I don't think I am going to get to use them. Killington is the only resort checked off. Still valid for:
    Bolton Valley
    Bromley
    Burke
    Jay Peak
    MRG
    Magic
    Middlebury
    Mount Snow
    Okemo
    Pico
    Smuggler's Notch
    Stowe
    Stratton
    Sugarbush
    Suicide Six

$125 and they will be sent with overnight delivery.
    PM me.
    "Yeah, yeah. you buy Playboy for the articles just like I watch Brokeback Mountain for the scenery... wait, that doesnt work."

Lots of people at MW today. Climbed to the top of Left Gully. It was very firm 1/2 way down to the choke and then it loosened up and skied well. Hillmans was nice, Sherburne-meh.

Surprised to see so many people going up RG. Canvas looked nice, but all that sun on top of what has gone on the last couple of weeks gave me pause. Duchess looked tempting and I think it could ski well tomorrow if it corns up a bit. Lots of hang fire in the bowl, but I did not see anything cut loose.

Looking at Wildcat's season total and the RMC total seems we are have a slightly above average snow year, but it sure does not look like it up high.

Beautiful day with just a bit of wind after topping out, no clouds and warm temperatures. Warm today, never put gloves on. Forecast sounds good for more corn by tomorrow.

will be at the loaf tomorrow. conditions/cover are silly good and the snowfields are OPEN.

we have a twofer voucher to split with anyone interested.

king of spring: http://www.sugarloaf.com/TheMountain...ort/index.html

snow stayed wintery today. tomorrow's weather should be unreal.

rog

Today was a good good day.
    Bagged the summit of George shortly after dawn with Tuckerman pup.
    Waited a bit for it to warm got three laps in the Easties and then scoped out the GG and checked in on non-mag friends contemplating pipeline. Bagged that idea when they saw the crux at the bottom - 40 foot plus icefall! Did not soften much on west/north side today with stiff wind.
    Things are thin for sure. Will not last long without a big wet storm or too. Those skiing tomorrow get it early and stay out of the sun late.
    Fingers crossed for more winter up high.
    Gorgeous day. Round trip 12.5 hrs from seacoast NH. Nap and rally for date nite.
    Life is good. Enjoy all.
    The Passion is in the Risk

Ummmm Snowfields

Nice get lynchy and cat. Sounds like you guys hit it right!

I'm teaching the boy tomorrow and maybe a late afternoon tour at a southern nh tree spot...

Beautiful day at Magic today

Things started off powdery in the morning, but that lasted until 11 or so - spring time afterwards

Best coverage that I remember from the past few years

There was also the occasional slightly intoxicated wizard ripping it up

Good times

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Hillmans was nice,
    Hillmans is in? After the slushalance?

Quote Originally Posted by BGSTi_403 View Post
    Beautiful day at Magic today

Things started off powdery in the morning, but that lasted until 11 or so - spring time afterwards

Best coverage that I remember from the past few years

Good times
    Here here!

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1362878312.426295.jpg 
Views:	266 
Size:	280.7 KB 
ID:	134363Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1362878339.838145.jpg 
Views:	279 
Size:	283.0 KB 
ID:	134364
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Seriously...I love magic...hahahahhha