Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Overpriced.

It's incredible that a I can get a polypro t-shirt to ride in for $15. Take that same poly pro t-shirt, make it tighter, add elastic and a zipper, call it a bike jersey, charge $75 for it.
    Exactly. Print a Radio Shack ad on it and you can bump that up to $150. Joke.

Freaking cable tv bill. $130 a month last time I looked.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by soups818 View Post
    Yes, but the $450 shell ten years ago is now almost $700. Not to mention made in China.
    good point, I'll be fucked if I pay $700 for a ski jacket made in china. Hell, I'll purchase some goretex and sew it myself first I will look like hell but think of the money I'm saving!

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mobygrape View Post
    good point, I'll be fucked if I pay $700 for a ski jacket made in china. Hell, I'll purchase some goretex and sew it myself first I will look like hell but think of the money I'm saving!
    yeah man, goretex is like unobtanium, and sewing is one of those skills that's like worth thousands an hour. Fer fux sake you pay for the little logo sewn on.

Just saw a replacement roller for a plastic card printer today going for $185. Normal is about $3.

AT and Pat are like Apple. Somewhat better design. Same materials as everyone else. 2X the price.

However, I'll bet that the better designed outdoor wear might come in handy if you were really using it for what it was intended. The Apple stuff doesn't really work any better (sound quality, durability, etc.) but it's speshul. Just like wearing AT to the office.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by stfu&gbtw View Post
    AT and Pat are like Apple. Somewhat better design. Same materials as everyone else. 2X the price.
    Where's the Apple outlet to get last seasons computers at 10-50% of, not off, retail? Patagucci has killer outlet deals.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Where's the Apple outlet to get last seasons computers at 10-50% of, not off, retail? Patagucci has killer outlet deals.
    Let me google that for you.

Light rail tickets. $8 to Denver and back.
    Parking downtown (why I take the LR)

Quote Originally Posted by EVC_CO View Post
    Light rail tickets. $8 to Denver and back.
    Parking downtown (why I take the LR)
    Nah. Parking on a regular weekend night is cheap. Just need to know where to go. Tabor Center in Lodo is only $6.

Sent from my ADR6350 using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by soups818 View Post
    Nah. Parking on a regular weekend night is cheap. Just need to know where to go. Tabor Center in Lodo is only $6.
    15th and Delgany is only $3.

Or you could poach the spot NPG showed me for $free.

Anything mountain bike.

An old adage goes, If something is labelled marine grade, it costs double. If it's aviation grade, add a zero.

Beef jerkey
    Organics

lawyers.
    I resolve PC issues remotely. Need to get rid of all that pr0n you downloaded on your work laptop? Or did you just get a ton of viruses from searching for "geriatic midget sex"? Either way I can fix them. PM Me for maggot prices.

Follow me on Twitter
    Facebook - Become a Fan

Stand Up Paddleboards. Was thinking about getting into the sport, day-um they are expensive.

Marker Jesters/Pros. $359/399 when you can get a comparable (and better) Sth16 or Tyrolia15 or even a Look Pivot14 for $299

Sushi, unless it is all you can eat.

I thought Apple was over priced until I started using them. They last longer and have higher resale so actual cost ends up less.

Cable @130/mo. cut it out and got a digital antenna.
    Click. Point. Chute.

My wife just decided she needed everything Apple. So I guess having a wife is pretty expensive. I still think I got a good deal though 'cause she's worth every penny.

As far as all the bitching about gold, watches and real estate, folks are missing the point. Those things are commodities. A Rolex might be expensive on the front end, but down the road you can sell it for what you paid or more. Same with real estate in most circumstances and definitely the same with gold.

Skis, cars, bikes on the other hand are disposable goods. Much more foolish to pay top dollar for a fancy mountain bike (or road bike if you love the cock) which will seem obsolete in three years than to have a stable of Rolex watches.

Aaand; twenty years ago if someone predicted that my phone bill would be $130/mo I would have laughed.

Managed to beat the system, but only a tiny bit. $300 for a very lightly used Winston rod that just arrived today. $750 retail, new. The trouts are gonna hate this thing.

Flower arrangements. Happy anniversary, babe!

Weed/Hash
    Did the last unsatisfied fat soccer mom you took to your mom's basement call you a fascist? -irul&ublo
    Don't Taze me bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven S. Dallas View Post
    Flower arrangements. Happy anniversary, babe!
    You could watch Maria Full of Grace with the wife. That should take care of the flower problem, but then you'll have to come up with an alternative.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Stratton.

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    You could watch Maria Full of Grace with the wife.
    Watch it? I'm living it, brother.