Roommate/place to live in Crested Butte? Dog friendly. X-post

Just got a job in CB, now I need to find a place to live. I would prefer to be in town, but that might be cost prohibitive. Must be dog friendly for my ~40lb mutt. I'm laid back as long as the place is clean. Looking for one mature roommate, could do two if the situation were right. I'm a snowboarder/splitboarder (probably gonna try skiing again this winter) and mountain biker. Non-smoker. I'm 29, so not looking for a raging party house.

Anybody else headed to the Butte this winter?

So stoked!

So you didn't really enjoy life in Breck I read? Why not?

CB will be a different scene and much more remote feel. It's a sick town. Hope you like it.

Breck didn't have the ski terrain I wanted, people focused on park scene, not backcountry. I lived in CB for a while, so I know sort of what I'm getting into. CB is basically my favorite place ever. Plus I got a job that should be fun and challenging, pays decent (for a ski town).

Perhaps Gunnison? Heard its a nice spot, + more girls than CB....?

Buy a sled, then look for a place to live

welcome (back)

Quote Originally Posted by Alkares View Post
    Perhaps Gunnison? Heard its a nice spot, + more girls than CB....?
    Yeah, but then I've gotta drive down valley all the time, and that would suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Gone Skiing View Post
    Buy a sled, then look for a place to live

welcome (back)
    thanks! If I can find a cheap sled, I just might buy one.

CB?! What kind of job? Dibs on couch space. Gunnison:CB is like Eagle:Vail. Great biking, good climbing nearby, river runs through it, red neck locals, active young locals, close enough and great place to be, but no chairlift or after work skin without a drive.

Trying skiing again? Bout damn time. Splitboarders are just lying to themselves. It's not the 90s, skiing is acceptable and even superior in every single way!

FYI- I lived with Ed in Breck. DO NOT LIVE WITH THIS MAN!!!! (jk)

Quote Originally Posted by Tips^Up View Post
    FYI- I lived with Ed in Breck. DO NOT LIVE WITH THIS MAN!!!! (jk)
    Says the guy who still has one of my knives!

Quote Originally Posted by Edgnar View Post
    Says the guy who still has one of my knives!
    Minced and diced carrots, green pepper, potatoes and garlic with that thing tonight. Since leaving Breck, I've added a delicious casserole to my cooking repertoire, be jealous!

Saw Jonny in Gunni 2 weekends back. Climbed at Hartman Rocks, ate at Mario's. Traditional ratings on the routes (ie- more Eldo ratings than Clear Creek), good Italian for cheap at Mario's. Drove over Kebler but regretfully didn't get any time in CB. Good luck on the next adventure, and seriously, dibs on couch.

Gotta mention OP is highly allergic to pickles, if anyone likes to eat those avoid this guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    Does he always hold his balls when walking? This matters to me.

Shit 300 a month? I might steal this one
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    Does he always hold his balls when walking? This matters to me.

Jez, one post and my old roommates come out of the woodworks.

Quote Originally Posted by daver View Post
    i am trying to sublease my apartment in gunnison. $300/mo, dog ok. 20min drive from CB (it's on the north side of gunnison). lease goes til end of april

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...unnison-300-mo

wha-bam. rest of the month is paid for. i can meet you up there this weekend to sign over the lease
    I won't be around for about another 2 weeks, but if I can't find something in town I'll give you a shout. I'd rather be in the Butte so I don't have to drive everyday though.

gotcha. the free bus to the mountain is a short walk away fyi.

Xocomil , where are you located?

edit: and congrats on the job!

That Xocomil guy is a real bum, almost as bad as Tips^up.

Just realized that I'll be able to do my dawn patrols on the Red Lady this winter. Giggity!

tons of places for rent right now

http://www.crestedbuttenews.com/inde...k=showads&id=2

What job did you get? When you getting to town?

Getting to town around 10/1, probably a bit earlier. Hoping to share a place with someone who lives there so I can plug into a network, but seems like I might end up with another transplant. I'm thinking Town>Mt. CB.> skyland.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgnar View Post
    Getting to town around 10/1, probably a bit earlier. Hoping to share a place with someone who lives there so I can plug into a network, but seems like I might end up with another transplant. I'm thinking Town>Mt. CB.> skyland.
    town is good if you like to party, otherwise the mountain is cheaper. Free bus makes for easy access to town. I would skip skyland since there is no bus and you can find places about the same price up on the mountain. You'll get to know a lot of people really quick since it's smaller than breck and it will be off season so everybody will be at the standard drinking establishments.

Didn't know there wasn't a bus in skyland. Guess that will cross that one off the list. I was thinking town would be nice because I could bike everywhere that way. On the other hand, the mountain would be nice for ease of access.

Rent in CB is wayyy less expensive than in Breck.

bump because I'm leaving for CB in a week and I need a place to live. Anybody in town know of people looking for a roommate?

Arriving in the Butte tomorrow. Anyone else looking for a place or know of someone looking for a roommate?